💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy Perry is Inconsistent IMO

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

ThatAsianGuy

CTTR gave me hope for Katy being mature and taking her music seriously  but after hearing Bon Appetite i just realized she hasn't change at all. She just want hits after hits. And being at the top is her only goal in the music industry. P.S. this is not a hate thread but solely my opinion.

Haroon

I don't really see Bon Appetit being a hit or an attempt at smashing so I disagree with you :sweat: 

Also she's always made some mature music, they're right there in her albums :shrug: Releasing fun songs as singles doesn't mean someone doesn't take their music seriously :laughga: 

shame

Am I the only one who kinda liked BA??:sweat:  I'd give it a solid 8/10 if they deleted Migos and redid all the lyrics. And changed the cover. :giggle:

angels forever, forever angels

Edonis

This genre of sugary-sweet, colorful-pop sounds that Katy Perry has been churning out on every single album since her debut isn't really all that inconsistent. I don't think she's ever going to go into a full blown "mature adult album" like fans are suggesting she will because it's simply not her brand. 

Bambino

I don't think that horrible song will be a hit. Then again, then horrible songs become #1 hits nowadays so

T2rIe.gif

6 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

Am I the only one who kinda liked BA??:sweat:  I'd give it a solid 8/10 if they deleted Migos and redid all the lyrics. And changed the cover. :giggle:

migos was sadly the best part besides the instrumental and the 2 chorus

the lyrics i agree with u are pure shiit.

change all that and make the 1 chorus like the 2 one. and the song will be peefect

cant believe im saying positive stuff about kopy pasty

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream.

FATCAT

I was a little disappointing when I first heard it, but it's actually pretty bopping!

Purr more, hiss less.

juju

IA with the consistency thing, only because this era we were promised pop music that would be more "progressive"; meaning, perhaps, each single would be a stand against something she felt strongly for. So far, Chained to the Rhythm was a vague remark on the pacifism of society, and so in nature only barely scratched the surface of what she had promoted for this era previously. I think, to hammer the point in further, she'd follow up with a more conscious pop banger, and instead we got the usual, fun-loving but not-so-deep Katy Perry brand of pop. Not that I'm complaining, the song is alright. 

But, she totally missed a chance to deliver some witty commentary on the fetishization of women in media, or something... or anything. 

It reminds me of the supposed "dark" era we were to get with Prism. "Dark" is really the last thing I think of when I hear that album, with even the song Dark Horse not quite fitting that bill, but still being the darkest part of that album.

IDK maybe Katy should refrain from making bold statements concerning her work :awkney: She's more enjoyable when we're not expecting anything really conceptual, a la Teenage Dream era.

❤ x ❤

thediamxnds

i was disgusted at first

tumblr_inline_nw6bro96va1r086fu_500.gif

but now its so good, i love it

Spoiler

definitely a bop. bon appétit baaabyyyy

QlWyy.gif

shame
9 minutes ago, Aced said:

migos was sadly the best part besides the instrumental and the 2 chorus

the lyrics i agree with u are pure shiit.

change all that and make the 1 chorus like the 2 one. and the song will be peefect

cant believe im saying positive stuff about kopy pasty

That's true. There was no structure in the song. The verses, pre-choruses and choruses were also REALLY repetitive. I forgot I was listening to it after a while haha. But the last chorus is BOP-WORTHY.

angels forever, forever angels

Let me cure you with my cover of "Out of Control".

Spoiler

Sorry, I really wanted to share this somewhere on GagaDaily. Hope you like it.

Flawless

It doesn't make sense at all to me. She starts an era saying that she's doing a "purposeful pop", "conscious" and then she comes with this contradictory song. I really thought that she was coming with a really serious concept. It's the first single from her that I really dislike, unfortunately.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

I think she consistently releases pop bops. 

And I have no problem with that at all- but don't try to dress it up as a 'woke' and 'purposeful pop' era when it is not. 

MarryTheAngel
19 minutes ago, Bear said:

I think she consistently releases pop bops. 

And I have no problem with that at all- but don't try to dress it up as a 'woke' and 'purposeful pop' era when it is not. 

SERIOUSLY. Didn't take her seriously at all when she came out with CTTR and said that stuff. I was so over it.

GhettoFabulous
58 minutes ago, Quin said:

Let me cure you with my cover of "Out of Control".

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, I really wanted to share this somewhere on GagaDaily. Hope you like it.

💀:awkney: I.................(Not talking about the cover speaking about you promoting it here)

Archived