💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does Joanne have a chance for Album Of The Year at the Grammys?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

I mean Joanne isn't necessarily her best work, but since the big threats Beyonce and Adele isn't gonna release any album this year, and also Taylor Swift will be releasing hers on 2018, Do you think the Grammys will be captivated by the whole Personal/Raw theme of her album and will score that grand prize?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

Not really, it wasn't critically successful and doesn't have that AOTY punch like her other albums do tbh

Bradley

Obviously yes. I'm not saying she will win but getting nominated is definitely a possibility. She was relatively huge this year, not all over the radio but the presence of Joanne was palpable.

She did the Superbowl, Coachella, Joanne World Tour coming soon and had fans hurt their knees from bowing down to pray all the time so let's not pretend it will not get noticed by the panel. She also kept the hype going on with the release of The Cure.

I also think Joanne is a relatively creative and unique album in comparison with the mainstream work of her competitors. Not to mention there have been a lack of female musicians' activity lately, the ones who are reigning are Ed Sheeran, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd. So if the voters ask the question

'Are we really gonna have no female nominees for the AOYT this year? What have the women been doing in 2017? I guess I'll vote for Lady Gaga. She was the only woman actually competing with the John Waynes.'

Actually Joanne is just too good an album not to be nominated. No one makes an album like Joanne.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, LG said:

Not really, it wasn't critically successful and doesn't have that AOTY punch like her other albums do tbh

RIP facts.

junolxf

Maybe. They are going to nominate at least one woman. Better be Gaga (or Lorde/Lana). 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Swan Heart

It's possible but I'm not too sure it will get a nomination for AOTY. I could see it winning another category though.

The good sis Millions Reasons has great potential though.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

shame

I think Joanne is the most mature album Gaga's released. It changed a lot of people's perceptions of her. I also feel the Grammys tend to favour country/rock/folk albums while giving out AOTY and Joanne really captured different elements of those genres. Just look at past winners Beck, Mumford & Sons and Arcade Fire. Personally, I really enjoyed Joanne so I'm being hopeful.

angels forever, forever angels

venusfly
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

RIP facts.

It only scored 67% on metacritic, it's not that successful

Bradley
Just now, LG said:

67% is an above average score. Actually there are many other ways to determine if an album is critically successful other than Metacritic.

Bradley
6 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

I think Joanne is the most mature album Gaga's released. It changed a lot of people's perceptions of her. I also feel the Grammys tend to favour country/rock/folk albums while giving out AOTY and Joanne really captured different elements of those genres. Just look at past winners Beck, Mumford & Sons and Arcade Fire. Personally, I really enjoyed Joanne so I'm being hopeful.

Also her vocals on Hey Girl, Come to Mama, Sinner's Prayer, Million Reasons, A-YO really standout. They are not vocals which she's served on her pop tracks before and I think the Grammys reward genuine good singing skills.

Taylorrgh
2 minutes ago, LG said:

You do know Bey had a much better critical response with lemonade than Adele with 25 and still lost right? :sharon:

Archived