💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Grace Randolph duscusses ASIB - Beyond The Trailer

DAVID VOGUER

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I do get her point about the film being country and the movie itself having a lot to prove (Bradley directorial debut and Gaga's first big role + this being the 4th version of the movie) but I feel country won't be a problem at all. Country music has fans all over the world especially in America and no matter if they like Gaga or not, country music fan will probably still want to check this movie out and see if Gaga's good or bad in it.

Personally, I'm excited for the music to be country (even though I was expecting pure rock or even jazz) and I can proudly say that I would have bought my ticket for ASIB no matter what the music was mainly because I'm way more excited about her acting than her singing (I already know she is gonna be good as a country singer because I've been a monster since the beginning and I've seen her talent grown and grown every year) but also because I want to support Gaga and I definitely want the movie to be a success.

As far as awards I don't really care that much, getting a nomination or even winning (for the music or Gaga's performance) would be great for Gaga but if the movie is good I'll be happy with that... after all it's her first big movie role and I'm not expecting her to win right away (even though she did win the Golden Globe for AHS - but that's kinda different because I feel that award was given to her to inspire and push her to continue working as an actress rather than to award her acting skills - and don't get me wrong I was very positively impressed with The Countess).

Spoiler

Grace is amazing, I've been watching her videos fo years and I pretty much agree on 80% of what she says (this time I don't necessarily agree but I still find her opinion to be very objective and honest and that's why I like her videos so much)

check her video and her channel if you love music and entertainment

WildAmerican

I'm a little skeptical about the country theme, I hope they know what they're doing.

xoxo Craig

I dont think Country music will work tbh:/ 

But she is going by Stefani in this, so maybe the inner Stefani is a country star? :madge:

I hope this does well for both of them, but I wish it was more pop ish so it would be like Gaga telling us how she became successful. 

End Racism Now

RadioIsOurs

That's my point! I have raised that genre issue before, but you guys just seemed to brush it off. It's a big deal when talking about box office. The genre of the music is really important in determining which demographic of audience they are aiming for. 

Montenegro

I know some people hate her (because of her honesty :trollga:), but she works really hard and even pays attention to 'smaller' films.

She's also been consistently stanning Gaga on Twitter and bringing her up EVERY SINGLE TIME she fancasts Poison Ivy. 

Neight Shayde

I've heard from the extras that the songs are more rock a la Fleetwood Mac so  I don't think we have anything to worry about.

But I do understand her point of view, and make a fair point about which type of audience she's really trying to get to.

giskardsb

If Gaga just did "rising pop star" then everbody would just say they were making a movie too literally about her.

She isn't doing this movie as Lady Gaga pop musician.  She's doing this as an actress playing the role of an up and coming music star, apparently a modern country star but hard to say.  

Using Lady Gaga's star power as a pop star to bring people to the movie would just end up overwhelming the movie itself and would essentially guarantee that nobody would take it on it's own merits.

It's going to be very difficult anyway for people to divorce the Lady Gaga concept from her character.  Billing herself as Stefani and doing a complete genre shift at least helps the cause to some extent.  But the preconceptions of herself will warp peoples views.... she is going to have to be a tremendous actress to get people to quit thinking they are watching "Lady Gaga" on the screen and believe in her character.   She has a bigger initial hurdle to overcome than if she was a completely unknown person doing her first role.

Sorcerer

I would rather have country/rock in the soundtrack than pop. I don't want a kitschy Disney movie about a rising popstar. The music will make the movie more... human, therefore possible awards appeal.

Million Reasons and Joanne are one of her best works. I don't care if the music won't be as popular. I want good, heartfelt music in the film that might intensify the acting. 

Katharine Hepburn

One of my fav youtubers did a video on Gaga and the challenges with A Star Is Born remake and its relevance in the current state of cinema:

I appologise in advance for the pronunciation of 'Germanotta' :madge:

xoxo Joanne

Lextyr97

I don't agree with what she said about the Country music, but everything else is interesting to think about it. We'll see what happens.

Archived