Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hey Girl as the 3rd Single

DeMarco

Featured Posts

GagaXCupcakke

Sure. Why not. 

Im hear for a beautiful music video with Florence. 

It probably won't get much chart success and that will drive some people crazy on this site. 

I just want the next single to be a song that hasn't had its moment yet. I'll be a little disappointed if it's A-YO or John Wayne (I love both of them) since they both had their moment to shine already. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GagaXCupcakke said:

Sure. Why not. 

Im hear for a beautiful music video with Florence. 

It probably won't get much chart success and that will drive some people crazy on this site. 

I just want the next single to be a song that hasn't had its moment yet. I'll be a little disappointed if it's A-YO or John Wayne (I love both of them) since they both had their moment to shine already. 

Basically all of this. I dont care for chart success after the MR single era. MR is a hit so I'm satisfied. I would not mind Hey Girl, Come To Mama or DIC becoming singles. I wouldn't even be super anti Sinner Prayer or Grigio Girls becoming the next single either. I just want another single and an MV at this point and I'm super happy with this era. We have a platinum, top 5 single and a platinum album!

:lolly: Grigio Girls

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

Monster Voices

I strongly dislike the idea.. but its not up to me is it. 

Forever and Always!

FrankGutz

@Algorithm & i approve HG as 3rd single, the bop of 2017 :tony:  the world is not ready for that smash :tony: 

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

stir the pot
9 hours ago, Martin Garrix said:

@Algorithm & i approve HG as 3rd single, the bop of 2017 :tony:  the world is not ready for that smash :tony: 

HG is so ready! :giveup: Perfect single to release just in time for Coachella! :diane:

YeehawKylie

No. A video a la John Wayne (non-single, purely for fans)? Sure. 

The song is alright, but it's not remotely close to being the best song on the album or the most commercial. 

Charlotte Quinn

Hey Girl, DiC or Diamond Heart. A BIG :fthis: to A-NO and John Wayne. They had their time to shine and didn't so... :bye:

Seashell Hooker

Apparently there is a rumor that it will be the third single. I haven't seen any receipts though. That fan-made pic is everything though so I am here for it. 

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

Moebius

It would flop faster than GUY 

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

alextruper17
14 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Yes I'm fine with it :lolly:

can little chartsters just stop with the "It'll flop" NO ONE CARES this era isn't made for chart  success  :awkney: like let ha take risks that's what got her ha number ones and stuff taking risks so if it flops booo hooo! :madge: I'm gonna say it DIC MIGHT EVEN FLOP, literally you never know with the gp and radio

tumblr_o41qvzp1381v2tb3jo1_250.gif

I wouldn't mind as long as DH and DIC get visuals that's all I care about QUALITY VISUALS but HG could be promo single whilst DIC can be the 3rd single

More than charts, it'll flop because her own fans hate that song. I've seen a lot of hate against Hey Girl here in GGD but I think it's a good song imo.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

YeehawKylie
14 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

can little chartsters just stop with the "It'll flop" NO ONE CARES this era isn't made for chart  success  

Literally, the point of a single is to impact the charts and further sell an album. If this era isn't made for chart success she would have scrapped the singles and instead released videos for different songs a la John Wayne. But instead she performed Million Reasons over and over again for 4 months.

So, please, tell me this era isn't about the charts. :whitney:

Bottom line is the song is divisive (even moreso than AYO or DH) among her fans, not to mention the public. There's at least 2-3 songs that would make better singles or fan singles than Hey Girl. 

Archived