Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Cher says Lady Gaga and Xtina are the Cher of the 21st century?

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jorge Gonzalez Varela
14 hours ago, Dutch said:

Gosh, I love this woman. And everything Cher says is true.
Now release a collab. Please.
Cher-Cries.jpg

There is a collaboration but Lady Gaga did not want to publish it.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

The Fame Joanne
1 hour ago, drinkmytears said:

One successful single? That's just completely untrue. Cher's soldout huge arena tours for decades. You're clearly young and uneducated.

Selling out arenas doesn' mean that her songs charted high. Look at the Rebel Heart Tour :trollga:

And I guess you are 60 years old and witnessed her career :lolga:

1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

She did a lot of iconic songs in the 60s as Sonny and Cher duet

So no, Cher is not only one song... She's one of the biggest female pop singer living right now. Madonna arrived far after. 

They had one big and a few minor hits but they only had success in the US (except fot I Got You Babe)

And only because she came before Madonna, doesn't mean she is more iconic. Madonna had an incrediby huge and globl career for over 25 years and Cher never reached her level, although she definitely had a long career. Madge has multiple eras that were more successful than the Believe era.

1 hour ago, Economy said:

Shes the only artist in history to have a #1 in 6 different decades :awkney: 

And u may not know many of her hits because her peak in music was long before Madonna even started :rip: 

If u add the success of her acting career which was just as big or bigger, shes arguably as successful as Madonna just in a different time, in more spread out time, and in different ways!!!

Where did she have a #1 in 6 decades? :huh: I only found #1s for the 60s, 70s and 90s. And those songs and albums only were locally successful. I really don't see her on Madonna's level. Even Gaga sold a lot more than Cher sold solo (But I wouldn't say that Gaga's career is bigger overall, don't get me wrong)

Dutch
4 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

There is a collaboration but Lady Gaga did not want to publish it.

I know, I'm still mad about it.:grr:
But to be honest, I'm sure they can make something better. This was just a leaked FameGa reject.

Jorge Gonzalez Varela
20 hours ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Our looks pass in the night?

What does that mean?

I think she wanted to say that Lady Gaga and Cher can wear an outfit that they will never use again, but that will be remembered forever. Then they are the most Iconic artists of their generation.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

Jorge Gonzalez Varela
7 hours ago, Panchecco said:

I love that Cher doesn't give a **** about rivalry between female artists nowadays 

Madonna would never say something like this beacause in her eyes it would mean that she admitted that Gaga one day could be as big as her and carry on her legacy :reductive:

EDIT: I commented before reading the actual quotes and uhm... wtf?? this thread title is misleading and Cher's quotes don't make sense??

C9zSioB.png

I'm sorry, I did not know what to call this thread. It was like a shade but what she meant was that Gaga and Cher are the most iconic artists of their generation.

JusKeepBreathin
14 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

love her..

but, I rather Gaga being Gaga.. not on the shdow of an artist..

I think she was just referring to being an artist that is versitile and can do anything. Acting and singing, TV and movies. Not that Gaga is a Mini Cher. IMO

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The Fame Joanne
7 hours ago, Stef said:

Means she thinks they both ugly af so their looks can somewhat pass in dark lighting :green: 

She should speak for herself only :poot:

Spoiler

Please don't take it too seriously :diane:

JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

I really don't see her on Madonna's level. 

Call me when Madonna wins an Oscar for Best Leading Actress and has her best friend Bob Mackie dress her for the occasion. Heck call me when Madonna wins an Emmy for one of her tours. Heck call me when Madonna has a Best Friend. As if album sales make people Iconic. In that case Taylor Swift is more iconic than Gaga. Talent makes you Iconic. That's not to say Madonna isn't talented. She is obviously talented in music. But I mean Madonna will never win an Oscar in a Bob Mackie dress. That alone make Cher more Iconic. 

Cher_promo_AP369321026903.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Call me when Madonna wins an Oscar for Best Leading Actress and has her best friend Bob Mackie dress her for the occasion. Heck call me when Madonna wins an Emmy for one of her tours. Heck call me when Madonna has a Best Friend. As if album sales make people Iconic. In that case Taylor Swift is more iconic than Gaga. Talent makes you Iconic. That's not to say Madonna isn't talented. She is obviously talented in music. But I mean Madonna will never win an Oscar in a Bob Mackie dress. That alone make Cher more Iconic. 

Cher_promo_AP369321026903.jpg

Because Madonna never had outrageous fashion :lolga:

I agree that Cher had a bigger acting career than Madonna, but overall a lot more people know Madge and she had a bigger impact globally than Cher. And I wouldn't even say it's close. But you can disagree with me, if you want to. You are entitled to your wrong opinion

Sister

I think that she meant good things about both Christina and Gaga. About Gaga, I think that she means that sometimes they can seem to have career moves that are reminiscent but they both are at such a rate of evolving changes, that when it's noted to be of the same page, it can change again drastically and get lost in the whirl, just as sudden as it seemed Gaga was in familiar territory with Cher. 

Simply, sometimes the comparisons are there and then they move away until another time when they are front and center.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Economy
4 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Selling out arenas doesn' mean that her songs charted high. Look at the Rebel Heart Tour :trollga:

They had one big and a few minor hits but they only had success in the US (except fot I Got You Babe)

And only because she came before Madonna, doesn't mean she is more iconic. Madonna had an incrediby huge and globl career for over 25 years and Cher never reached her level, although she definitely had a long career. Madge has multiple eras that were more successful than the Believe era.

Where did she have a #1 in 6 decades? :huh: I only found #1s for the 60s, 70s and 90s. And those songs and albums only were locally successful. I really don't see her on Madonna's level. Even Gaga sold a lot more than Cher sold solo (But I wouldn't say that Gaga's career is bigger overall, don't get me wrong)

It may not be on the hot 100. I think it includes radio charts and stuff. Either way, she had hits over 6 decades

And Cher had more focus on TV than she did in music. So when talking about her career, its important to remember that

But she most defenitely did not have 1 hit lol

Economy
4 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Because Madonna never had outrageous fashion :lolga:

I agree that Cher had a bigger acting career than Madonna, but overall a lot more people know Madge and she had a bigger impact globally than Cher. And I wouldn't even say it's close. But you can disagree with me, if you want to. You are entitled to your wrong opinion

Clearly Madonna has had more success over-all

But Cher isnt as far behind as u might think. At least in North America

Her peak was in the 60s while Madonnas peak was well into the 80s...

That makes Madonna more memorable atm because more from her generation are still alive and actively discuss entertainment

Also given over half of Chers success was on TV, that also decreases current relevancy cuz hit movies dont get replayed decades later as much as hit music does keeping Madonna in exposure!

Yuuri
5 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/473595/cher-shines-with-no-1-in-sixth-consecutive-decade

Without Cher there would be no Madonna, Gaga, etc. Without Cher autotune would never been that popular. Not to mention she went against her time and showed her navel on T.V.

Archived