Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Tracklist's That Don't Make Sense?

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

FATCAT

Tracklists are so trivial, tbh. Sure, the first listen layout is important, but it's not like you'll love Dope because it was 10th instead of 11th.

Purr more, hiss less.

2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Tracklists are so trivial, tbh. Sure, the first listen layout is important, but it's not like you'll love Dope because it was 10th instead of 11th.

They are kinda important. You can't have MJH in front of Dope, or G.U.Y. in front of Venus.

Helxig

I found the placement of Joanne a little odd at first, but I came to like it and understand it.

I think she just had a few too many slower songs (there's three ballads on Joanne!), and needed somewhere else to place one. She couldn't just have Joanne, Angel Down and Million Reasons all together in the middle, because noone would get through the album! So it had to be scattered a bit.

If Diamond Heart, A-Yo, and John Wayne were all together in a row it'd be a lot of energy ll at once! And all the energy at the very start of the album. And then the entire rest of the album would feel slow in comparison. Not the best way to start an album. But Joanne paces things a little, and of the three ballads it feels the most hopeful and light, even though the lyrics might say otherwise.

I also feel like Joanne couldn't be placed near the end of the album, because the last half of the album is already a little bit slow or 'drowsy' feeling, until Just Another Day wakes it up in a nice hopeful way. And they couldn't reshuffle the whole album, because Diamond Heart and A-yo are the perfect way to start the album! Also after that we have John Wayne and Dancing In Circles which are both very strong too for any newcomers giving this album a try.

So the pace to me in the first half of the album as it currently is goes: Powerful! Energetic! ...calm and soft... Exciting! Sexy. Lead single lol.

I bet they faced a bit of a dilemma working this one out lol, but I think it's arranged in the best way possible.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
Just now, Helxig said:

I found the placement of Joanne a little odd at first, but I came to like it and understand it.

I think she just had a few too many slower songs (there's three ballads on Joanne!), and needed somewhere else to place one. She couldn't just have Joanne, Angel Down and Million Reasons all together in the middle, because noone would get through the album! So it had to be scattered a bit.

If Diamond Heart, A-Yo, and John Wayne were all together in a row it'd be a lot of energy ll at once! And all the energy at the very start of the album. And then the entire rest of the album would feel slow in comparison. Not the best way to start an album. But Joanne paces things a little, and of the three ballads it feels the most hopeful and light, even though the lyrics might say otherwise.

I also feel like Joanne couldn't be placed near the end of the album, because the last half of the album is already a little bit slow or 'drowsy' feeling, until Just Another Day wakes it up in a nice hopeful way. And they couldn't reshuffle the whole album, because Diamond Heart and A-yo are the perfect way to start the album! Also after that we have John Wayne and Dancing In Circles which are both very strong too for any newcomers giving this album a try.

So the pace to me in the first half of the album as it currently is goes: Powerful! Energetic! ...calm and soft... Exciting! Sexy. Lead single lol.

I bet they faced a bit of a dilemma working this one out lol, but I think it's arranged in the best way possible.

Oh my god stfu up noone cares stop writing paragraphs on GGD Jesus Christ calm down :saladga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Prism. I listened to it yesterday and I was like, what is Unconditionally doing between Walking On Air and This Is How We Do? :madge: Roar, Legendary Lovers, Birthday, Walking On Air, Dark Horse, This Is How We Do and International Smile. All of them are bops and Unconditionally in the middle :saladga: She should've placed on the boring part of the album aka the second half of the album.

12 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

Prism. I listened to it yesterday and I was like, what is Unconditionally doing between Walking On Air and This Is How We Do? :madge: Roar, Legendary Lovers, Birthday, Walking On Air, Dark Horse, This Is How We Do and International Smile. All of them are bops and Unconditionally in the middle  She should've placed on the boring part of the album aka the second half of the album.

I feel the same about Talk That Talk (Standard Edition) tbh :saladga:

The first half (You Da One -> Birthday Cake) slays lives and snatches follicles while the second half (We All Want Love -> Farewell) doesn't even give me a shampoo...

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Panchecco

I never would have thought that the tracklist order was that important for some people

I never cared for it :emma:

Heidi Montag
5 hours ago, NNES said:

Wrecking Ball -> Love Money Party :toofunny:

YES! :rip: That track list is just all over the place

Buy SUPERFICIAL on iTunes

Archived