Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga FB page claims Joanne is critically acclaimed

Caesium

Featured Posts

androiduser

it's just a phrase, but it's not 100% accurate... still, not too far from the truth, because it did get good reviews... even though "critics are jealous and have no taste" :giggle:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
2 hours ago, JoeJane said:

Y'all focus so much on Metacritic and forget to make a better analysis of the whole cenario. :neyde:

Metacritic happens to be an aggregate of many reviews. This takes into account consensus, while your suggestion of looking only at a select few critics that gave favorable reviews is actually ironically the opposite of "a better analysis of the whole scenario"

aside from Metacritic, the only other measurable form of acclaim are accolades and awards, which Joanne doesn't have yet

and OT: while yes the results are favorable, don't be delusional. An acclaimed album would be on the tier of Lemonade in terms of its score and consistent inclusion in year-end lists

and the term is "critically acclaimed" so using "critics don't affect my reception of the music" is not valid AT ALL for this specific discussion

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

ShockPop

Metacritic holds no water. Sure, if it counted a selection of publications, that would be less ridiculous, but as it stands they flip flop on who they count and how much power they have.

It's worse than the electoral system of the USA. 

It is a website without merit.

Emigrante
23 hours ago, Caesium said:

I mean, who determines what is threadworthy and what is not?

Would you critic a thread if you yourself were not a thread?

808609TheCultureShowLadyGagaTheMotherMon

It's a shame Joanne isn't one of them

and you are the one to define that, right? 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Caesium
34 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

and you are the one to define that, right? 

No, Metacritic, a website that aggregates the reviews of albums by respectable music journals and publications, is

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Emigrante
15 minutes ago, Caesium said:

No, Metacritic, a website that aggregates the reviews of albums by respectable music journals and publications, is

well to say something about "respectable" music journalists is to look at that review where they gave her 40 and were talking only about her image from 2010., not about actual music. 

Pharamon
On 21.01.2017 at 9:44 PM, Entropy said:

i ghostwrote that summary

what is  your profile pic omg it looks so cool

Caesium
3 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

well to say something about "respectable" music journalists is to look at that review where they gave her 40 and were talking only about her image from 2010., not about actual music. 

Not sure what review you're talking about, but I mean that's probably one review out of almost 30 that were included in the Metacritic rating, it definitely wouldn't drag the entire album down

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Caesium said:

Not sure what review you're talking about, but I mean that's probably one review out of almost 30 that were included in the Metacritic rating, it definitely wouldn't drag the entire album down

most of that mediocre reviews were all about how unbelieveble is for her to create this type of music and about her previous fashion choices. 

Caesium
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

most of that mediocre reviews were all about how unbelieveble is for her to create this type of music and about her previous fashion choices. 

I don't recall seeing anything along those lines written in any of the reviews. Most said it was an unexpected and bold direction, but complimented her decision to do that, and then some thought it was a little try hard and the songs lacked something

Emigrante
Just now, Caesium said:

I don't recall seeing anything along those lines written in any of the reviews. Most said it was an unexpected and bold direction, but complimented her decision to do that, and then some thought it was a little try hard and the songs lacked something

I remember meltdowns about how unprofessional those reviews were. 

Archived