💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't Gaga cool to the GP?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Her look and her sound is out of touch with youth culture.

She is closer to Cher or Barbra Streisand than she is to Rihanna or Ariana. 

That's not a bad thing, though. Just don't expect her to be the "it" girl she was in 2009.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tellerphone

From what I have heard from several people is "overexposure", "boring" , "She's not fun anymore" "fake", etc. I've never really heard anyone irl say she or her work is too gay, only online, and usually it is an excuse from little monsters that are having a difficult time seeing her struggle on the charts.

blackpink

Gaga has always been different when it comes to her music. Sometimes it can do well, other times not but that's ok. 

You don't go in this industry for people to like you, you go in wanting to make music that the artist wants to make themselves. 

Joanne isn't very trendy and Gaga knows that. She made a more somber, sincere record this time around that is personal to her, not a 'The Fame 2.0" that has a trendy sound. 

I think it's very clear that Gaga is no longer the person that she was a few years ago.

She's matured, she knows what she wants to do with her career and is making music she loves. And that's all that matters to me. 

If the "GP"/Fans don't appreciate that, there are always other artists that are 'slaying the charts111!!!' or 'make bops1!1!1' for you to choose from xx

Sneaky Oliver

Its not a point of no return as people say! Look at Madonna's carreer! There are ups and downs and maybe we are living a "down" phase right now! We all know Gaga can deliver a mega-hit if she wants to just like Madonna did Hung Up after American Life!! xx 

sorry for my english 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

666 others

This is why.
b90e1adbe009ae8da30adc3ef7b28feac7f23a6d

"And people like to laugh at you 'cause they are all the same."
                                                                      -P!nk, "Just Like Fire"

:holyshit:

Maybe they are racist. Gaga isn't black enough or too black but with white skin. Hmm well not sure really maybe it is nothing to do with race but more to do with the music not being mainstream enough. It is too controversial for the industry I think like they prefer stuff that is junky really like promoting propaganda. Like i look at the top 10 chart there is this song at number 1 called SHAPE OF YOU/ ED SHEERAN and it is basically suggesting the bar is a good place to find love and then it is promoting buying shots right so this is good for the alchohol business and the bars doesn't matter if it is total bs the bar is not good place to find love and drinking isn't such a good idea especially shots. see it is all about money and gaga  is exposing that **** so they don't really want to promote her music. the song even gets worse like 'in love with your body' just base sex propaganda that actually has nothing to do with love but is just manipulating the word and so programming people into a false paradigm. the video also has cell phones featured prominently and these are actually also a huge industry these days like even bigger than cars so it is whole lifestlye being sold that is good for alchol, bars, taxi company, phone,  etc. lots of repetition simple consumeroid marketing track (obviously constructed around marketing these things like the song writer started out with a list of things they needed to include) hey presto number 1. even promotes the radio which is industrys own platform where they can then spoonfeed more junky propaganda tracks.

SilkSpectre0
8 hours ago, Oliver Wayne said:

Its not a point of no return as people say! Look at Madonna's carreer! There are ups and downs and maybe we are living a "down" phase right now! We all know Gaga can deliver a mega-hit if she wants to just like Madonna did Hung Up after American Life!! xx 

sorry for my english 

Your English was great here! No need for an apology.

OT Basically this. Every good musician has periods of ups and downs in terms of exposure (not talent) and I think gaga is enjoying a slightly quieter life now. I mean she is still bothered by paparazzi on a nearly daily basis but I imagine it's much worse when your song is number 1 and everyone is calling you the new queen of pop. I think she'll get stronger (she seems more nervous than she used to be) and can get the attention back more when she wants it. She knows how it works :staymad:

Queen1551

Honestly, I think a lot of people were turned off by Born this Way. She was very far out there at the time and I know personally that's about when my friends stopped liking her as much. I have a couple who started listening to Joanne because it seemed like she toned it down. It's sad but that's just what I have seen. 

Eighteen

well my friends tell me several things: she's too pretentious, they don't like her music after the fame monster, or they don't even know she's put an album out recently. to be honest, i don't think an overwhelming amount of the GP knows about joanne (i don't think it's getting good radio time everywhere?) 

djBuffoon
14 hours ago, macca said:

Because let's be real, those "less deserving artists" are putting out much better music.

That's very debatable. 

OMonster

Legends aren't cool :classy:

Icons like Gaga do not attract general teenagers who want to hear light, empty music. 

I kind of don't want her to be 'cool', anyways. She is different and so are we, as her fans.

subtext / fantasy

Dorothy Gale
14 hours ago, macca said:

Because let's be real, those "less deserving artists" are putting out much better music.

Then give me names, links, etc. 

20 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

That's very debatable. 

True! Each to their own. But I know when I have friends over getting ready to go out on a weekend or even hanging around at home with friends having drinks I'd definately put on The Weeknd, chainsmokers  or Ariana over Joanne :ladyhaha:

Archived