💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Your first Gaga concert experience

Lava

Featured Posts

My first Gaga concert was the Monster Ball, May 30 2010 at the O2 in London :giveup: 

I was 16 years old and went with my sister.

There was this electricity in the air at the arena, something I've never felt again, ever, at any other show. Everybody knew the iconicness of what they were about to see. I think it was one of the first shows where she did the Alejandro choreo (the video still hadn't come out), Pepper was still there, Vanity was on the setlist, she had the yellow/blonde iconic MB bob and she wore the original and SUPERIOR Monster mop outfit.

It was the first time I was seeing somebody as huge as that, on my own with my sister going to another city (we lived in Switzerland then). We had GA tickets and got there at like 8 am the day of the show, so it was also the first time I was doing the legit concert experience (we ended up second row, left of the b stage). It was also the first time I saw two men kiss in real life, and being in the closet then that had a huge impact on me. 

I'll remember that show the most because during SHID, when she was up on the platform, she looked down and made like 2 seconds eye contact with me. My life has a before and after that moment, and not to sound overdramatic lol, but the Monster Ball literally changed my life. 

I've seen all the tours since, multiple times, but no concert will ever be as amazing and epic as my first Monster Ball. 

tumblr_mno9gm8jBw1r3fv6wo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Lmao not this thread making the Gaga STAN come out of me for the first time in years :diane: 

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sarahb

It was the Born This Way Ball, Wednesday the 13th of June 2012 in Brisbane and I was 16. My first ever concert :flutter: (Well unless you count the Wiggles and Hi-5 :flop:) I went with my mum and my dad dropped us off, he didn't go because he wanted to go find a pub to watch a rugby league game (it was State of Origin night). The seats were so good because we were in the lower section but up the back and there was a walkway behind us, and the upper seats behind that so we could stand the whole night without bothering anyone.

First time Gaga came out, in my head I was like 'OH MY GOD IT'S GAGA THAT'S GAGA RIGHT THERE THAT'S ACTUALLY HER' and the entire time I'm still like 'That's Gaga, that's actually her, I'm at a Lady Gaga concert right now, that's Lady Gaga right there' :toofunny:  There was two girls sitting next to my mum and they were standing and dancing the whole night, whereas the guy sitting next to me looked bored as hell, he even had his phone out during TEOG. :huh:

My mum was in charge of getting tickets because I was in class at the time. I don't think I learnt much that lesson because I was constantly glued to my phone freaking the hell out waiting for a text and hoping she was able to get tickets haha. I hate buying tickets, my heart rate goes through the roof :rip: 

I hear a lot of people get 'post-concert depression' and I totally understand why but I've never really felt it, usually I'm just leaving feeling satisfied because I saw Gaga or whoever live and no one can ever take that away from me. 

Letmelivemylife

Lol mine was the Monsterball. I was 8 month pregnant with my daughter. I met my best friend Mandy that night and afterwards we promised that we would be "sisters" forever. We actually want to get matching "sisters never pack up" tattoos. Call it cheesy or whatever you want but that night made me feel like I had finally found my place in the world. I had finally found my "family". 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

TheKillerQueen

I went to the monster ball, sat pretty far back into the nose bleeds.  I couldn't really see the stage, so the experience was kind of off for me. Plus I was REALLY shy so I didn't dance much :wacko: But there was a woman standing behind me who was dancing her ass off, I wish I could've just lived in the moment but my shyness kinda dampened everything. But it was the best concert I've ever been to! Just made me feel good knowing I was in the same place as GaGa! 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Spock said:

My first Gaga concert was the Monster Ball, May 30 2010 at the O2 in London :giveup: 

I was 16 years old and went with my sister.

There was this electricity in the air at the arena, something I've never felt again, ever, at any other show. Everybody knew the iconicness of what they were about to see. I think it was one of the first shows where she did the Alejandro choreo (the video still hadn't come out), Pepper was still there, Vanity was on the setlist, she had the yellow/blonde iconic MB bob and she wore the original and SUPERIOR Monster mop outfit.

It was the first time I was seeing somebody as huge as that, on my own with my sister going to another city (we lived in Switzerland then). We had GA tickets and got there at like 8 am the day of the show, so it was also the first time I was doing the legit concert experience (we ended up second row, left of the b stage). It was also the first time I saw two men kiss in real life, and being in the closet then that had a huge impact on me. 

I'll remember that show the most because during SHID, when she was up on the platform, she looked down and made like 2 seconds eye contact with me. My life has a before and after that moment, and not to sound overdramatic lol, but the Monster Ball literally changed my life. 

I've seen all the tours since, multiple times, but no concert will ever be as amazing and epic as my first Monster Ball. 

tumblr_mno9gm8jBw1r3fv6wo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Lmao not this thread making the Gaga STAN come out of me for the first time in years :diane: 

People have said that the monster paw has died but it's just not true. It's the symbol that has united our "family" and if we ever feel alone in the world,we just need to put our paws up and someone will answer if that makes sense. Gaga has it tattooed on her body. It's part of who she is. If you ever look closely, her tattooes tell the story of who she is. I'll put my paws up until they ****ing close the  coffin and bury me 6 feet under

Letmelivemylife
2 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I went to the monster ball, sat pretty far back into the nose bleeds.  I couldn't really see the stage, so the experience was kind of off for me. Plus I was REALLY shy so I didn't dance much :wacko: But there was a woman standing behind me who was dancing her ass off, I wish I could've just lived in the moment but my shyness kinda dampened everything. But it was the best concert I've ever been to! Just made me feel good knowing I was in the same place as GaGa! 

Hahahaha that's the thing about gaga. Like any good "mama" she loves us conditionally for who we are so its ok to just totally let loose and be wild and crazy lol. It was the Monsterball that made me realize I had finally found the "family" I so desperately searched for

TheKillerQueen
7 minutes ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Hahahaha that's the thing about gaga. Like any good "mama" she loves us conditionally for who we are so its ok to just totally let loose and be wild and crazy lol. It was the Monsterball that made me realize I had finally found the "family" I so desperately searched for

Wish I could've went crazy but I was also with my mom and her friend so I had to remain calm! Next concert will be so different though, now that I feel so much more comfortable with myself and being around monsters. I met so many wonderful little monsters for sure at the venue. <3 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

March 1, 2011 in Grand Rapids. Me and a friend stayed in line for over 8 hours in  25 degree weather so we could get a good spot on the floor. My sister traveled a couple hours from a different state  to go to the concert with us.

We got on the floor and of course, it's always tall people but we were reasonably close and had a great time, despite people drinking beer and getting rowdy :hor:

and i met a ggd'er there

The Fame Ball was my first. It was only $20 dollars general admission. :lolly: 

I had tickets to Fame Kills and BTWB, both cancelled. :madge: 

But I saw her for the ArtRave; it was my best experience. Totally loved it.

❤ x ❤

Luke78619

BTWB, I won tickets on the radio :staymad:

went with my aunt because she's young and loves gaga as well, I wore a Sexy And I Know It tshirt :sis:

best night of my life, absolutely brilliant and she was funny as well and so humble and down to earth, people say don't meet your idols and I know I didn't exactly meet her but I honestly suggest every fan see her at least once it's brilliant 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

styleyourvision

My first Gaga concert experience was at Lollapalooza in 2010. I watched my neighbors dog for a long time in exchange for the tickets to go see her. I camped out at her stage all day and got to see artists like Hot Chip and Devo in the meantime! I was close, but not as close as I wanted to be. Still, I was center stage and right next to the VIP section. I was actually standing right next to Hayden Panettiere, Perez Hilton... and WORST OF ALL, Lüc Carl...>:( 

Up until that point, I knew I loved Lady Gaga, but it was seeing that show that turned me into a Little Monster. It was honestly such an amazing experience and there were SO many people there to see her:

alg-lollapalooza-jpg.jpg

Also, this show she brought out Lady Starlight to revive an old set tradition that they did at Gaga's debut Lollapalooza set in 2007. Her and Starlight set hairspray on fire while dancing to Metal Militia by Metallica. It was AWESOME!:

orig-11888211.jpg

Also, remember Lollapalooza 2010 was the birth of this gem:

103152869RK009-Lady-Gaga-Jo.jpg

ARTPOPe

2012, Born This Way Ball in Cologne.

What a wonderful night it was, even though I almost couldn't go because I "experimented" with suicide few weeks before and they locked me up, but that's another story.
I kind of met/saw her before at the castle-hotel she was staying and even though I couldn't talk to her or anything, she looked me right in the face for a few seconds, which was a very, very, very weird yet exciting feeling.

Furthermore I'll never forget the moment when the castle lit up, as it was such a magical experience and I started crying/bawling my eyes out, which I usually never did/do as I'm an emotional desert. Then the beat of the intro began and my whole body started shaking uncontrollably till the end of Marry The Night. A feeling better than sex to be quite honest.

But... No idea what it is with us/those germans and why they're so... reserved.
I, myself am a very reserved, shy and quiet persona, talking only when necessary, not singing in public, trying not to attract any attention at all. But when you go to a concert like that, don't you go there to have fun and let go of all your sorrows, for at least that one particular night?
As she said herself, it's a party not a funeral.

I was dancing like crazy with some guys, still respecting those around us, but most of them were so diffident, meanwhile brazilian monsters had an energy like monkeys on cocaine and I would rather have spent the concert with them :music:

Also I felt somewhat bad for her when she was so excited to perform Scheiße in germany and then they were so... quiet and unimpressed. AAARRRGHHH whhhyyyy :saladga:

Overall it was still the best night of my life and I would sell my body and soul to the devil if I could go again just one more time...

Spoiler

I'd sell it for less, but that's not the point.

It's super weird though when you go through youtube videos of that night and see yourself in them. But it's also always a great reminder of what an awesome time one had.

Stream The Love Invention

The Fame Ball Tour 2009... It was also my first time buying a CD. I was never a CD buyer, but I bought it from her little store in front of the main lobby. It came with the poster. Lady who sold it told us there was gonna be a signing after the show, but there never was. Maybe I wasn't informed or what. But her + 3 other dancers was just pure adrenaline. Knew all her songs and sang my ass off.

00026 † 10000

LittleMonster25

saw her at the columbus parade in 2005 briefly I was with my cousins who lived there. concert wise

First one was lalapalooza 2007 

been to tf and monster ball and btwb and artrave nd cheek to cheek 

ive been to alot of gaga's concerts

• Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived