💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga discusses LGBTQ rights in Trump's America

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss
Just now, Didymus said:

You don't have to reply, that's the last thing I'll write on this forum. But thanks for the talk. It was nice.

you say this every time you 'pretend' to leave this forum.I hope this time it's for real.

Good bye.

LI6wfAi.png

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, MonsterMum said:

I think you need to see a few things separate. She is in a more difficult predicament than we are. 

She has, management, record label and excecutives, fans and a life in public eye added to the mix . Something we do not have. So her crash could well be because she was pulled in or had to listen to 1 circle much more than to the other and getting completely lost by it because the other ones are also pulling you (the fans) and how to please both? By cutting away one layer or putting it to a minimum she could focus on things she likes to do more. What I think is more now the realisation that she doesn't always 100% has to be either one thing or the other, that one thing can compliment the other or you can just let it be totally and focus on just putting out the tunes that you wrote.

What I honestly think is that she had convinced herself she had to be a certain way cause that's what got peoples attention so that's what she was supposed to do and that's what the executives must have liked too since it was making good money. But how long can you convince yourself of a lie? Until you just spiral out of control with drugs and mental issues so much that you just HAVE to evaluate your life and situation.  

I think this is exactly what happened, the culmination of this is the ARTPOP era, it was so all over the place, chaotic and it felt like it had not direction at all. The ARTPOP era was supposed to be the better era after BTW, to recaptivate the general public and the Little Monsters, instead the concept and hype behind that whole era propelled to such unrealistic levels it failed to deliver (for both the fans and the general public). 

The Surrealist
6 hours ago, Didymus said:

I can't at her implying she wasn't communicating important and admirable values through her work before. 

"when I was younger, I didn't quite understand the amount of attention I had, the amount of people that would listen to me. I'm older now and I'm aware of my voice in the world and I want to be as much of a role model as I can be through my music as well as my performance"

Translation: people didn't get me when I was wearing costumes so I'm ditching them now and selling out so people can finally listen to what I have to say (aka buy my stuff).

Another major artistic betrayal, I'm so ****ing done with her, all this backtracking (and don't you dare call this "maturing", throwing away all your admirable philosophies for a mansion, fillers, and public approval is not maturing) is hollowing out her act. She used to be known for her challenging art ÀND her empowering initiatives and philosophies communicated through that art (hello, how wasn't she aware of her voice in the world when she rallied for gay rights, started the BTWF, the Born Brave Bus, talked about immigration laws on stage, preached tolerance, self-expression and freedom on every goddamn radio and tv station etc. etc.).

Now she'll be known as someone who just changed up her act whenever it suited her so she could keep the spotlight fixed without doing or saying anything remarkable. Another pop star trying to fake authenticity no matter what it takes. Avant-garde costumes one day so she can look artsy and smart, lazy outfits and basic ballads so she can look relatable and human the next. What a fail. And she's still pretending she made Joanne without keeping in mind's people's expectations lmao. She actually dragged her own past albums, saying that because she caved in to people's desires her work suffered to explain why ARTPOP failed and her next project would be better, and now she's saying she's actively dressing down and bringing minimal performances and relatable music just so people can understand her because a meat dress is too challenging or confusing for them? What a horrible liar and a lame sell-out. She'll say anything to look like she means well at the exact moment it suits her, even when throwing all her artistic values and philosophies out the window.

Thanks for wasting my time. You once inspired me the most, now you've become what I'd least like to become. 

Shook at all this tea.

Erica-Ariane-Final-1405351242.gif

24 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Except that she wasn't making good money in 2013 which is when she suddenly, magically switched up her act, and tried, ever since, to wipe her past slate clean, going as far to say in 2015 that her crazy costumes were just the outcome of depression, followed by the appalling words (direct quote): "When I dress normal, I feel most like myself".

And now we have her here, again, implying that back in her weird days she didn't know what she was doing and is now ready to go for it (if that's not a sales pitch to bring about a rebranding, then what is) "for real". Classic marketing trick, "last time wasn't really me, but this time it is!". She's already repeated it three times by now. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole crash and burn story was invented and approved by Interscope just so they could rebrand her next project as her big comeback so she wouldn't just disappear from the radar.

You keep ignoring why I'm actually upset. You're saying "Gaga was stuck on this idea that she had to be a certain way to get approval from everyone and she let it go" but I'm exactly ranting in this thread because her statements during this era prove that she's doing it again. We're talking about a video in which she implies that she didn't know what she was doing in her weirder days and that she grew up and is ready to stand for what's right now, and if you seriously buy that as a fan then I'm just sorry for you. She knew exactly what she was doing earlier, and she was using her voice for tons of important issues, and she's now suddenly caved in to the idea that she has to ditch her costumes and her avant-garde presentation 'cause otherwise people don't get her (which is something she talked about explicitly in an interview before the era begin).

How is that learning from the previous mistake of paying too much attention to what people expect of her? Do you seriously believe that Interscope wanted Gaga to continue with her weird shtick after ARTPOP? Do you seriously believe the route she took isn't the most profitable commercialized route she possibly could've taken past 2013? Do you seriously believe that Gaga is free to focus on her music now when she still can't choose her own singles, and has to have Bloodpop come in to make her songs more modern 'cause they were too retro (for radio, I'm guessing)? Do you seriously believe Gaga is focusing on the important stuff in her life when she is shooting up her face with fillers and spending more money on cars than on security (reference to an old interview where she mocked celebrities for complaining about fame 'cause it's oh so easy to keep your private life - remember? That tune changed fast, didn't it?)? 

She didn't learn ****, is making the exact same mistakes that she claimed were the reason for her downfall, and is constantly crapping on her legacy while she's doing it, reducing her earlier work to a phase of misguided, naïve depression caused by sexual abuse just so she can rebrand herself, and this time I'm not falling for it. She knows what she's doing, she was never genuine about all that art crap in the first place (which I could already have gathered from Starland and Fusari's interviews, but I didn't want to believe it) and she'll say and do anything to get a desired effect, just like every other pop star in the game. Excuse me for being disappointed and feeling betrayed as the curtain falls down, and I don't care if anyone disagrees, for me there's been too much of a torrent of proof that she's an opportunistic liar whenever it comes in handy and I can't believe a word she says anymore, which to me is the end mark of me being a fan 'cause let's face it, the only thing that ever kept her brand together was her claim of authenticity, and if I start to doubt that, there's nothing left.

You don't have to reply, that's the last thing I'll write on this forum. But thanks for the talk. It was nice.

The problem here is that you completely missed the important error in your thinking @MonsterMum pointed out. You keep talking about what she's apparently implying, by using words such as 'AKA' and then going on to say how your interpretation of the things she said proves this and that, while it's in fact your own interpretation of these words. What I think you're doing is trying to hear what you want to hear. When I saw this video I didn't think about the 'weird' outfits, we have no way of knowing that she meant that. Hell, only yesterday (was it?) she wore a crazy outfit at what might turn out to be the second most important event of this era. In this interview she could just as well be talking about being puked on on stage or wearing fur or even doing other solely for commercial interests rather than actually reaching people and trying to leave your stamp on the world. In that way you could also interpret this as her actually saying she wants to stop selling herself out, by no longer doing something that gives a lot of money while being completely uninterested in (like FAME perfume). Back then, she didn't know she could've been using her time in a better way. Now she knows that ultimately what makes you impactful is the actual impact on the lives of people around the world, and I'm sure Joanne will leave much more of an impact on people than ARTPOP, just like how Born This Way left more of an impact on people than The Fame Monster or The Fame.

56 minutes ago, Luc said:

passed my CPE a few months ago. I think you'll be fine tomorrow. Use 'tremendous' somewhere, use a nice idiom like 'broaden your horizons' somewhere, use 'not only... but also' (or a similar structure) and an it-cleft somewhere and make sure that the first line of every paragraph is somewhat short and gives a summary of the main point you're trying to convey in that paragraph. That way you could get some extra points without actually being that good at the language itself.

I've studied some formal words and expressions (I bought the Cambridge "objective advanced") my problem is time. I can write one good text, not two, in an hour and a half.. Same things for the reading part, I'm not that fast, I'd need at least two hours 😭 Maybe I should have taken this exam 2 or 3 years ago right after school, when I was used to read and write 

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

Archived