Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

(Million) Reasons for Chart Success?

Squeeshy Keety

Why is the song charting so well?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Choose whichever apply:

• It's a phenomenal song (Hello-level, by GP standards) that deserves to be made a single.
    • Public FINALLY discovered her talent since most people don't actually watch the Oscars/Grammys and they for some reason forgot about/ignored her National Anthem.
    • Public knew about her talent but just didn't stan PI, so Gaga finally gave them a [insert song title pun] to love one of her songs.
    • Carpool Karaoke hype made all her music rise in the charts, and MR was featured, which caused intrigue because they hadn't heard it before.
    • Her public image is higher praised than ever, so people are less resistant to reward talent where it is due.
    • Don't give a sh*t, I am living!!! Slay, mama! Yaaas, queen! (I would add more gay slang, but I'm lazy)
    • It's a short-lived surge. Expect it to be forgotten in a week.

Featured Posts

Squeeshy Keety

Why do you think the response to MR is so strong (US at least)?

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

Weasel

It shows off her vocal abilities and artistic growth, unlike PI which is just a scream fest :classy:

The GP has spoken and for once I agree with their taste. 

she showed off her vocals just right in that carpool video

She sang well but finally didn't scream for once

It was good

Mister Gaga

Carpool Karaoke hype made all her music rise in the charts, and MR was featured, which caused intrigue because they hadn't heard it before. Expect it to be forgotten in a week.

this option, but it won't be forgotten in a week. It's here to stay.

Squeeshy Keety
2 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Carpool Karaoke hype made all her music rise in the charts, and MR was featured, which caused intrigue because they hadn't heard it before. Expect it to be forgotten in a week.

this option, but it won't be forgotten in a week. It's here to stay.

I edited it to separate the two parts of that option.

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

I listen to Million Reasons a lot, and I'd support any single. The other ballads on the album are equally as good.

Thirty pieces of silver

For starters, it's a genuinely great song. Probably the single most derivative on the album--I mean, there's not really anything about it that feels even remotely new--but it's a nearly flawless iteration of what it's trying to be.

The production is glossy but not overbearing, it shows off her vocals and the texture of her voice (which is Gaga's greatest asset), its an earworm, and the lyrics are perfectly relatable for a great many people.

It definitely is the song on the album that sounds the most at-home among trends that are already established as popular.

sciencemonster

I think it's a genuinely great song, and her notes about it being relatable to the modern American woman, frustrated by the men in her life, rings completely true. 

Archived