💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Hey Girl: Gaga vs Florence Vocals

Economy

Vocals battle  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who had better vocals on Hey Girl?

• Lady Gaga
    • Florence Welch
    • Tie

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

Florence sounds calm while Gaga oozes personality in the song.

I voted "tie" because I think they both play an equal part in making the song what it is. 

Economy
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

We don't need to keep on one and up-in' another :nails:

Just some friendly competition. No one is saying anyone did crappy

Just curious who we thought was stronger

Florence's background vocals are pure haunting slayage 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Just now, Economy said:

Just some friendly competition. No one is saying anyone did crappy

Just curious who we thought was stronger

Ahahaha yeah for sure, I'm jeauxking

i think Gaga, just because she's never made a song with that voice before (but Florence meshed so well)

Squeeshy Keety

Methinks you missed the purpose of the song.

They both bring something to it. Florence has her trademark light darkness thing going on and Gaga returns to some brighter, sweeter tones. Both do a phenomenal job, and the song is fantastic as a result :firega:

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

TheKillerQueen

They both sound really amazing. But at times I can't understand what Florence is saying. Maybe it's just the way she pronounces things. But I can't say who is better cause it's even. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Florence sounds like Florence, always amazing. Gaga sounds more breathy, which we all know she is capable of not doing. Gaga could have probably sounded identical to Florence, but that would have made for a very uninteresting duet. And vice versa, Florence could have sounded identical to Gaga. I think the point was to feature Florence's voice, and provide a nice contrast between the two.

This is probably why gaga don't do duets, even when the song is about not competing, people put go and compare........:neyde:

First of all, i think Gaga did a great job at changing her vocals into something that would mix better with Florence.

I'm not saying Florence did less. But Florence's voice is quite unique, since it has a very fragile female voice and a masculine/dominant powerhouse voice with insane vibrato.

So for them to make a low tempo song together, and when it even sounds good enough (in my ears). It makes me feel joy. :hug:

I'm voting tie. Very slightly in Gaga's favor, since she still manages to pull off new teqhniques so many years into her career.  

(Though keep in mind Florence's masculine voice style has made me seriously doubt everything in life, so i still find her godly good) :giveup:

They both kill it. It wouldn't be Hey Girl without the chemistry the two of them have after all.

Archived