Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Hillary Lindsey praises Gaga (and her writing)

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

Interviewed by the Rolling Stone it reads:

She'd previously written with pop stars like Miley Cyrus (who has deep Nashville ties) and Shakira, but Lady Gaga was something else entirely.

"It's very rare that you get these calls," says Lindsey, "but when you do it's always a ride."

In any case, it's not the kind of opportunity many songwriters would turn down.

"You say yes because you just want to do it," says Lindsey. "Here in [Nashville] we obviously write country songs but there's a lot of pop writing going on here too. But it's different when you're asked to write with the artist. It's amazing to be in the room with an artist and to get in their head and to get into their world."

"She is a badass songwriter," Lindsey says. "Pretty much everything she said, I'm like, 'That's a title! You've gotta either stop talking or you've gotta let me come live here for a month, because everything you say is a song.' It was just the two of us and it was just a very natural process, a straight-up songwriting process. The only thing different is she writes her lyrics out on an old school typewriter, which I freakin' love."

Their conversations and a few glasses of wine gave rise to a third Lindsey song on Joanne. "Grigio Girls," which mixes electronic percussion with a strummed acoustic guitar, piano and warm vinyl record crackle, serves as a weary rallying cry for friends helping one another through the tough times, bottle in hand – the album's titular Joanne even makes a brief appearance. "Make it all make sense," Gaga sings, intoning a slight twang at the end of the line.

"I picked up the acoustic and we started playing around with it and we were just laughing and having a good time," says Lindsey. "We didn't think it was a real song but it ended up being a real song. We were just kind of messing around. And she took it to a very personal place."

More at: http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/hillary-lindsey-on-lady-gaga-she-is-a-badass-songwriter-w446102#

Nice!

It's so funny to see that typewriter make appearances from then to now.

3 points in and ready for more

Gagaplayer315

I can only imagine what an experience working with Gaga can be

donutellha
1 minute ago, Miel said:

Nice!

It's so funny to see that typewriter make appearances from then to now.

1f29b9090c134c98f816329fbc947a27.jpg

better get typing for LG6 :sis: 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

I like artists like Gaga who spend their time with writers  and collaborate. I can't stand artists like Rihanna who just record over a demo and have no knowledge of the song or the story behind it. 

Just imagine Gaga calling you to work with her. :giveup:

I think they really clicked. She clicks in some aspects with Mark but they don't seem very compatible on a musical level. But she really clicks with Hillary

MonsterMum
Just now, Killa said:

Just imagine Gaga calling you to work with her. :giveup:

I think they really clicked. She clicks in some aspects with Mark but they don't seem very compatible on a musical level. But she really clicks with Hillary

I think with Mark she clicks on a production and "sound" level, as in having the same thoughts as to how something must sound.

But with song writing she maybe indeed connected better with Hillary. Seeing also how she wanted to have the album a female/sisterly touch, in which obviously Hillary fitted into that picture.

This is cute. It just seems so off the cuff and fun. I want a chance like that of writing something with Gaga.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Shipper

Hillary Lindsey was so cute during the performances in the dive bar. She's quite shy and trying to hide behind Gaga but she no doubt have a lot of talent.

Song writers build the words and the story behind the music we sing. We should truly be thankful for songwriters and applaud Gaga for striving to be authentic and being part of the writing process unlike other artists today!

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

14 minutes ago, Versace19069 said:

Still wondering why she ditched Elton again. :laughga: He never wins i guess.

She needs to preserve some good songs for the movie.

Bet she has 4 songs better than any of what's in Joanne.

And whell Hey Girl happens cause of Elton. But yeah poor ha

Archived