💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"PI not lead single material"

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I have seen so many people say "PI is not lead single material". And my question is, how do you know?. People act like they know how the album sounds like. But as far as what we have heard, Joanne will not be very radio friendly. In fact, it is very possible that PI is the most radio friendly song of the album. Everything else has been described as heavy on county/rock. And if this is the case, then PI was definitely the best lead single from the album. Joanne is just not shaping to be a very commercial album.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say that cause it doesn't meet their chart expectations. For me it's her best lead single along with Bad Romance.

Lady Palutena

Me to people who say such things

H2v3c8i.jpg

DWrhR7f.jpg

6AVQLQg.jpg

Seriously, though, how would they know what single material is? Have they ever worked in the music industry? I'd like to see them pick singles from an album and have each one be a smash hit.

CouyILq.jpg

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Just now, Bloody said:

They say that cause ot doesn't meet their chart expectations. For me it's her best lead single along with Bad Romance.

Except the first time i said that was when PI was perched on top of the iTunes chart on september 9th 

:giggle:

Reality

People are just nostalgic over her previous lead singles. People just inherently want to compare PI to her other lead singles and because it didn't sustain being a "#1 hit", they may feel like it's "not lead single material".

But, people may not like to just because they genuinely don't like it, which is perfectly fine and should be perfectly fine. 

🃏🖤👹

6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

People are just nostalgic over her previous lead singles. People just inherently want to compare PI to her other lead singles and because it didn't sustain being a "#1 hit", they may feel like it's "not lead single material".

But, people may not like to just because they genuinely don't like it, which is perfectly fine and should be perfectly fine. 

It's so funny how some think on here, that those who don't like it are feeling that way cause it doesn't sound pop enough or Gaga enough or isn't doing that well for her standards. No tbh, we all have songs we love that are not pop, that are not sung by Gaga, that are not hits but we love them. The song is just an average song tbh, totally gonna be one of the ones I skip from the album.

Tokyo Rose

Past singles aside, it's not a good lead single.

If this was her first ever single, who would this song appeal to? My issues with the song would be exactly the same.

I like what one reviewer said, something along the lines of "this is radio background music, but not convincing enough"

What emotion or event is being conveyed? The artist herself can't seem to decide that as the answer changes every day..

TwerkinLurkin

I think people meant not lead single or radio friendly in general I don't think they meant it's not the most radio friendly on the album seeing as the album isn't out yet

boneknuckleskin
39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

o<(0_0)>o

I have seen so many people say "PI is not lead single material". And my question is, how do you know?. People act like they know how the album sounds like. But as far as what we have heard, Joanne will not be very radio friendly. In fact, it is very possible that PI is the most radio friendly song of the album. Everything else has been described as heavy on county/rock. And if this is the case, then PI was definitely the best lead single from the album. Joanne is just not shaping to be a very commercial album.

Ask somebody who has heard the album which single they would choose. If you know somebody who was at the listening party, tag them in this thread. :laughga:

If you've heard Joanne - which track would you pick for the lead single?

And why? Was PI the best option, or are there better anthems? 

ReidOne

I have a feeling that PI is very, very much "lead single material" compared to the rest of the album. This fan base is not ready for what's coming. There will be a massive purge, bookmark me. 

TwerkinLurkin
Just now, boneknuckleskin said:

Ask somebody who has heard the album which single they would choose. If you know somebody who was at the listening party, tag them in this thread. :laughga:

If you've heard Joanne - which track would you pick for the lead single?

And why? Was PI the best option, or are there better anthems? 

Almost Every person I've seen From the listening party says ayo or dimoand heart. Even one person on twitter I think his name is manny said he would rank perfect illusion number 10 out of the 11 songs on the album number one being the best and number 11 being their least favorite 

Archived