💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are female artists so sexualised?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Watching the VMAs, and almost all the female performers, including all the dancers, are scantily clad, writhing around some guys, shaking their booty and all...while the men would just be standing aside, fully dressed (aside from Ariana's boy toys), some just pretending to do half-twerks... Nothing new really. And something I've realised here is that us gays seem to adore and praise the female artists for being sexual, saying that they slay. But think for a second...do we really feel that this is what female empowerment really is? I mean I'm all for female artists being sexual, but then when comparing to their male counterparts, it almost gets to a point where they seem rather...submissive, being sexual only because it would satisfy men, while the men just simply enjoy and remain 'mucho' and tough. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO

Women in generally every field are way more sexualized than their male counterparts, and the music industry isn't any different. 

Plus, sex sells. Straight men and lesbians pay more attention, gay men love sexual and strong women, etc. 

But male popstars are also extremely sexualized. Just look at Nick Jonas. 

Although obviously not as much as women. 

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, Nino said:

Isn't feminism about being equal to men? So why is it now that women are being more sexualised? To a point where they are made to feel submissive? Men can just take off their shirts and that's being sexual for the day. But women....they have to have lots of cleavage, then dancing around, shaking their butts, touching themselves, moaning, singing about how she needs a man to **** her and make her orgasm... Has the tables completely turned, where now women have to titillate their male counterparts in extreme ways to be sexually empowering?

RadioIsOurs
4 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Women in generally every field are way more sexualized than their male counterparts, and the music industry isn't any different. 

Plus, sex sells. Straight men and lesbians pay more attention, gay men love sexual and strong women, etc. 

But male popstars are also extremely sexualized. Just look at Nick Jonas. 

Although obviously not as much as women. 

That's my point. Artists like Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna make it seem like it's empowering, but it's actually far from equality. If you want to be more sexual, fine. But don't say that it's being equal to men, unless men are just as sexualised. 

1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Isn't feminism about being equal to men? So why is it now that women are being more sexualised? To a point where they are made to feel submissive? Men can just take off their shirts and that's being sexual for the day. But women....they have to have lots of cleavage, then dancing around, shaking their butts, touching themselves, moaning, singing about how she needs a man to **** her and make her orgasm... Has the tables completely turned, where now women have to titillate their male counterparts in extreme ways to be sexually empowering?

Justin Bieber has gone full on nude 3 times in the past year. Nick Jonas doesn't wear pants that fit him.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

Justin Bieber has gone full on nude 3 times in the past year. Nick Jonas doesn't wear pants that fit him.

And how many female nudes do we have in the past few years? These men didn't even try. They don't have to make themselves look 'submissive' in any ways. I use that word lightly. 

Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

And how many female nudes do we have in the past few years? These men didn't even try. They don't have to make themselves look 'submissive' in any ways. I use that word lightly. 

Female nudes leaking isn't the same as purposefully getting naked for press. In recent years an equal amount of men and women have done the latter. If you see women expressing their sexuality as inherently submissive you must have some deeply internalized misogyny issues.

8 minutes ago, Misaki said:

They need to take a lesson

lady_gaga_backup_dancers_171sb0t-171sb1q

That's one of the many things I love about Gaga - she doesn't give a f*ck about gender roles on and off stage. While most of her peers sexualize in order to shift more records, she does it because to her it really is empowering.  :flutter:

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Nino said:

Female nudes leaking isn't the same as purposefully getting naked for press. In recent years an equal amount of men and women have done the latter. If you see women expressing their sexuality as inherently submissive you must have some deeply internalized misogyny issues.

That's why I use that word lightly. It has connotations. Women are being sexual in such a way that they are now becoming ****ing strippers. Do men have to act like strippers to be seen as empowering? 

MaryJaneHolland

I agree with you. 

But, it's not female artists' fault that male artist are not sexualised. Do you know what's my point?

5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

That's my point. Artists like Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna make it seem like it's empowering, but it's actually far from equality. If you want to be more sexual, fine. But don't say that it's being equal to men, unless men are just as sexualised. 

For example this comment. Ariana was doing her job, you know. She's not guilty that male artist are boring. She put on a show.

Idk whether you'll get my point or not? :saladga:

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I agree with you. 

But, it's not female artists' fault that male artist are not sexualised. Do you know what's my point?

For example this comment. Ariana was doing her job, you know. She's not guilty that male artist are boring. She put on a show.

Idk whether you'll get my point or not? :saladga:

So people should stop saying it's about being equal, because it's clearly not. She keeps saying men are being sexual and women should too, but do men always act like strippers? It can only be equal if female artists become just as boring, or that male artists start showing a little more...

Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

That's why I use that word lightly. It has connotations. Women are being sexual in such a way that they are now becoming ****ing strippers. Do men have to act like strippers to be seen as empowering? 

Women who boldly display their sexuality on their own terms are seen as empowering because for centuries in American society men have been made to control how and when women act sexually.

Archived