💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kanye "Fade"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

Umm.... Can't believe I'm admitting this, but Kanye has me shook.

SHOOK.

This "Fade" video may be nothing more than a reductive version of Eric Prydz "Call On Me", but the SONG is FIRE! Holy ****... Those synths are giving me all kinds of late 80's house music vibes. I am SO. HERE. FOR. THIS. 

I am in love with this track! Haven't enjoyed a Kanye track this much in literally years. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

Wow... I'm on my 6th listen and I'm obsessed. This is a very authentic revival of 80's house. While remaining low key. I AM OBSESSED.

I live for tracks like this!!

ReidOne

...and the dancehall synth of Rihanna's "Work" being performed right after this at the VMA's was sheer perfection!!! Kudos, VMA producers. Kudos. 

Fernster7

I thought the video was pretty boring until the end, those last 5 seconds were everything. The girls has a beautiful body tho and the choreo was sexy.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Koreku

I loved the classic vibe the video gives off. Also, her body...!! :giveup:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

ReidOne

I mean... this is totally 808's and Heartbreaks Kanye back again!!! I'M SHOOK LADIES, CAN YOU TELL

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Koreku said:

I loved the classic vibe the video gives off. Also, her body...!! :giveup:

This is also her POST-BABY BODY

WHAT?!

:saladga:

2E402EA500000578-0-image-a-38_1447028657

Sizzily

"This "Fade" video may be nothing more than a reductive version of Eric Prydz "Call On Me"

You are correct.

One Banned Boi

ReidOne
30 minutes ago, Nino said:

You better stan talent :applause: 

Seriously, tho!!!

While the rest of the Billboard charts are littered with that god awful Bieber-style "tropical" house with dolphin noises and chill vibes, Kanye is serving us a real classic house anthem! That also speaks to the same vibe you get while listening to today's Top 40. 

Brilliant! :queenga:

The difference between this song & the rest of the charts is, I could actually see the iconic Paris Is Burning drag queens of 80's NYC voguing for their lives to this new Kanye track. 

Forget Teyana Taylor and her workout video.... That beat is made for voguing!!

("I feeeeeel it!!")

("I feeeeeel it!!")

01-paris-is-burning1.gif

tumblr_myr78za0Q21tn15mao1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Paris_is_Burning_GIF.gif

f2d14__tumblr_ludtmiEvYo1qfzw07o1_400.gi

This honors the roots of House music, without bastardizing it. It's brilliant!! 

ReidOne

I've literally had "Fade" on repeat since 2 hours ago when the VMA's ended :sharon: :staymad:

I am shook sistren!!

Out of all that hot mess that was that VMA's, the last thing I expected was to come out of it obsessing on a Kanye track for 2 hours.

But here we are.

VMA's are always full of surprises lol

yup this video + Teyana Taylor make me positive im bi :laughga: the video was tastefully sexy :golfclap:

I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY, I JUST WANT YOUR SOUL HONEY.

ReidOne
20 hours ago, ReidOne said:

Seriously, tho!!!

While the rest of the Billboard charts are littered with that god awful Bieber-style "tropical" house with dolphin noises and chill vibes, Kanye is serving us a real classic house anthem! That also speaks to the same vibe you get while listening to today's Top 40. 

Brilliant! :queenga:

The difference between this song & the rest of the charts is, I could actually see the iconic Paris Is Burning drag queens of 80's NYC voguing for their lives to this new Kanye track. 

Forget Teyana Taylor and her workout video.... That beat is made for voguing!!

("I feeeeeel it!!")

("I feeeeeel it!!")

01-paris-is-burning1.gif

tumblr_myr78za0Q21tn15mao1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Paris_is_Burning_GIF.gif

f2d14__tumblr_ludtmiEvYo1qfzw07o1_400.gi

This honors the roots of House music, without bastardizing it. It's brilliant!! 

OK, I'm bumping this post because the more I think about it, the more and more I agree with it. Kanye is giving me LIFE with this. 

As I thought about this idea, and the fact that Kanye is serving us an authentic slice of classic HOUSE music, I realized ---- "oh damn, Kanye is from Chicago. And Chicago was the birth place of house music. I bet you anything that sample in the background is a classic Chicago house track."

Looked it up, and sure enough, it is. He's sampling the track "Mystery of Love" by Mr. Fingers from 1985. 

This wasn't just a random song in the Chicago house scene... According to Wikipedia, it was the ORIGINAL deep house track: 

"Deep house's origins can be traced to Chicago producer Mr Fingers's relatively jazzy, soulful recordings "Mystery of Love" (1985) and "Can You Feel It?" (1986),[4] which, according to author Richie Unterberger, moved house music away from its "posthuman tendencies back towards the lush" soulful sound of early disco music."

Keep in mind, EDM is DYING... but dance music will never die. This is like Kanye's way of giving us a banger that we desperately need, without pandering to trendy sounds, but instead giving us a history lesson of where they originated. While also giving us a banger. Yes, please. 

...and from this music, African American drag queens took their the art of VOGUING to whole new levels. Again from Wikipedia, the definition of "vogue" style dance is: 

"Inspired by Vogue magazine, voguing is characterized by model-like poses integrated with angular, linear, and rigid arm, leg, and body movements."

...and then I realized, the "Fade" video is basically Teyana Taylor giving us a 4-minute "vogue" style performance in the gym. If this were to happen in the 80's drag balls, they would create a new category for her... probably named "Gym Realness" or something. 

HOUSE MUSIC AND GAY CULTURE ASIDE.... There's even more going on... 

- By featuring Teyana Taylor and her NBA basketball player husband, Iman Shumpert (whose team, the Cleveland Cavaliers are the current reigning champions of the NBA), this video is also a commentary on FAME. Making it the perfect follow-up to the "Famous" video... But why is that interesting? Because in the "Famous" video, the celebrities were all wax works, who were completely still and lifeless. Yet in this video, Teyana's dance moves (and sexy scenes with her husband) are the definition of physical alive-ness. Her movements literally ARE the entire video. The "Fade" video is the yin to "Famous" yang. 

- One of the most obvious things to note is that Teyana is a MOTHER and got this slammin body back, after her pregnancy. A point they make obvious in the final scene, where they actually show her with her husband and baby. The "post-baby body" topic is clearly a direct reference to Kanye's own wife, Kim Kardashian, and our media's obsession with tracking her post-baby body. And please note, Kim was wearing very obvious "wet hair" last night, seemingly as a nod to Teyana's sweaty gym hair in the video. Again --- all of this a commentary on fame. 

(I also believe there are some race-related messages tied to Teyana's final scene, as a cat --- aka, caged animal --- in front of a flock of white sheep, but I need some more time to fully develop that thought). 

All in all, this has me completely SLAYED and it hits all the marks of what I love about Lady Gaga, too: 

- the songs a ****ing bop
- the song is a history lesson in classic disco and house music
- the song & video tip their hat to drag queen culture
- the lyrical message (on the surface) is about getting high on weed and losing yourself in the music
- the ultimate project is one big commentary on fame

I can't stop... I'm obsessed with this! 

MonsterJay
21 hours ago, ReidOne said:

This is also her POST-BABY BODY

WHAT?!

:saladga:

2E402EA500000578-0-image-a-38_1447028657

OMG WAIT WHAT?!?!
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS GIRL

Archived