šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's Apple deal most likely unaffected

Stef

Featured Posts

Ā 

Contrary to some reports, UMG's turn against exclusives does not amount to a "blanket ban," the source said. He cautioned that the label group's chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge is continuously re-evaluating UMG's digital strategy, and that only exclusivity agreements of a week or more are currently being targeted. Shorter exclusivity periods, such as the two-day window granted to Apple Music for the release of UMG/Def Jam rapper YG's Still Brazy in June, may continue on a case-by-case basis.

Ā 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/reggieugwu/frank-ocean-def-jam-apple-streaming-exclusives?utm_term=.ujegvv1Yn#.Ā 

Creds to @davidmonster for providing these receipts in the midst of our meltdowns :green:Ā 

Ā 

Signature loadingā€¦ šŸ‘¹šŸ–¤

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weasel

The single announcement is still up on her website and she doesn't seem to be too bothered by it (hanging out with Mark making music) so I'm not too worried (yet).Ā 

VANTABLACK

Lol and this "new information" still most likely to not stopĀ little devils to have their constant meltdowns .:awkney:

The hype is back on, little flopsters

tumblr_n8vs08RZrQ1thrb0yo1_400.gifĀ 

Signature loadingā€¦ šŸ‘¹šŸ–¤

yASSsss
Just now, Stef said:

thank you making this thread :gaycat:Ā 

Spoiler

giveĀ @davidmonsterĀ some credit,since he's the one who found this article :neyde:Ā 

Ā 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

RAMROD
Just now, VANTABLACK said:

Lol and this "new information" still most likely to not stopĀ little devils to haveĀ constant meltdowns .:awkney:

Ā 

We just need a countdown before this thread filled with it lel

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

davidmonster

others sources :

"Top albums for the group were Drake, Rihanna and Ariana Grande. The company also claims four of the top five most-streamed records over the period (Drake, Rihanna and Justin Bieber). Two of those artists, Drake and Rihanna, released their records behind exclusivity windows with Apple Music and Tidal, respectively --Ā a practice that UMG chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge has said would be curtailed going forward."

curtail not ban Ā :nails:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7487676/universal-music-half-year-2016-financials-streaming-revenues-offset-declines

Ā 

"There was a second, unreported element to Graingeā€™s memo too ā€“ and it all comes down to the definition of an ā€˜exclusiveā€™.

Our sources, who have seen the note, say that Grainge was very clear to his execs thatĀ although streaming exclusives are out, a windowing strategy driven by Universal is not out of the question.

In other words, a move to keep a new record off free or low-cost subscription platforms is still a goer at Universal, if it makes sense for the project.

Thatā€™s the sort of strategy weā€™ve seen the likes of The 1975 (a UMG artist ā€“ pictured), Coldplay (a Warner artist) and Radiohead (a Beggars artist) with their latest albums.

In all three cases, this meant a blackout on Spotify for a limited period ā€“ because, up to this point, the Swedish streamer continues to demand that all music placed on its service appears on its free offering."

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/yes-lucian-grainge-banned-streaming-exclusives-umg-no-not-frank-ocean/

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, davidmonster said:

Ā 

"There was a second, unreported element to Graingeā€™s memo too ā€“ and it all comes down to the definition of an ā€˜exclusiveā€™.

Our sources, who have seen the note, say that Grainge was very clear to his execs thatĀ although streaming exclusives are out, a windowing strategy driven by Universal is not out of the question.

In other words, a move to keep a new record off free or low-cost subscription platforms is still a goer at Universal, if it makes sense for the project.

Thatā€™s the sort of strategy weā€™ve seen the likes of The 1975 (a UMG artist ā€“ pictured), Coldplay (a Warner artist) and Radiohead (a Beggars artist) with their latest albums.

In all three cases, this meant a blackout on Spotify for a limited period ā€“ because, up to this point, the Swedish streamer continues to demand that all music placed on its service appears on its free offering."

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/yes-lucian-grainge-banned-streaming-exclusives-umg-no-not-frank-ocean/

Ā 

Ohhhh Perfect Illusion possibly will not allowed to be streamed on Spotify like artists before her until further notice :poot:

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

VOLANTIS

I have no idea what is going on.. My roof is a rock.Ā :sweat:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

djBuffoon

Can they just release the damn song, I'm sick of all this convulted corporate bullshit.

Vqmm_f-maxage-0.gif

RAMROD
Just now, djBuffoon said:

Can they just release the damn song, I'm sick of all this convulted corporate bullshit.

Vqmm_f-maxage-0.gif

Ā 

There are still 5 days before September arriveĀ :poot:

Ā 

Archived