💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Best horror films you've ever seen?

YaaaasGaga

Featured Posts

I'm a movie buff, but horror films are my favorite so I have a lot lol

The Conjuring 1 & 2, Silent Hill, Evil Dead (2013), Creep, It Follows, Grave Encounters, The Descent, Drag Me to Hell, Cabin in the Woods, Paranormal Activity series, 30 Days of Night, The Den, Mr. Jones, John Dies at the End, The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2 (Reboot), The Crazies, Baskin, Extraterrestrial, Final Prayer, The Final Girls, Horns, Oculus, Quarantine, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, Sinister 2, Southbound, Stake Land, The Hallow, The Suffering, The Voices, V/H/S 1 & 2, Zombieland, Hush, They Look Like People. Evidence, Housebound, The Hive, The Mist, and Atrocious.

There's probably more I can't remember. Netflix and iTunes are great for finding horror movies. Indie, Arthouse, and Found Footage films tend to be my favorite types of horror films.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

The Witch 

I was really disappointed when I saw it. I heard nothing but positive things about it, friends were recommending it to me, but I actually thought it was really drab. I like the cinematography and everything a lot though. Might need to rewatch it.

TerrenceV2
22 minutes ago, Theodore said:

For a terrifying thrill ride:

Hide contents

this scared me to death when I was 13

For some tasty Halloween fun:

Hide contents

and this brought me back to life after The Descent

For something classier to talk to indie movie snobs about:

Hide contents

(though the american remake 'Let Me In' will do just fine too)

For a classy piece of throwback horror:

Hide contents

this is my favorite :gaycat:

For an absolute mindf*ck that you'll be thinking about for days:

Hide contents

don't read too much about it - just trust me on this one

And if you want something truly dark and twisted:

Hide contents

only if you want to ruin your week :emma:

OMG the martyrs :toofunny:

We saw that one in my classroom in middle high school :air: with the teacher

playground love - josef salvat

djBuffoon
5 minutes ago, Vague said:

I was really disappointed when I saw it. I heard nothing but positive things about it, friends were recommending it to me, but I actually thought it was really drab. I like the cinematography and everything a lot though. Might need to rewatch it.

Yes you do :reductive: In all seriousness, I think The Witch is one of the few horror movies of our time that will go on to be a legitimate classic.

Just now, djBuffoon said:

Yes you do :reductive: In all seriousness, I think The Witch is one of the few horror movies of our time that will go on to be a legitimate classic.

It was drab and slow; its dark subject matter make it horror, but ultimately it was far more psychological. I think what the film ultimately says about religion and fear among other things is commendable. But it was such a ****ing tedious watch. I really disagree with it being a legitimate classic but everyone else seems to have jumped on that bandwagon so c'est la vie.

The Witch, The Exorcist, The Babadook, and Sinister were all overrated imo.

The Witch has great atmosphere, cinematography, and acting but it dragged and never really satisfied me.

Horror movies made before the 90s don't anything for me. Maybe it's because of their effects. I can see The Exorcist was groundbreaking for its time, so maybe if I had been there around the time it came out my opinion would be different. I just found it kinda funny tbh.

I'm definitely down for a slow burn or atmospheric horror film, but The Babadook was just boring. It didn't grab my attention and wasn't  scary at all really. Maybe it was because I was drunk, but I've seen other horror films while drunk and they still entertained me. Maybe I need to rewatch it sober.

Sinister was good but didn't live up to the hype. The acting and atmosphere were pretty great. The story was engaging but was missing a spark. And I was expecting it to be scary but turned out to be just creepy. I actually think Sinister 2 is superior. It improved on scariness and story and furthered the mythology.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, Vague said:

It was drab and slow; its dark subject matter make it horror, but ultimately it was far more psychological. I think what the film ultimately says about religion and fear among other things is commendable. But it was such a ****ing tedious watch. I really disagree with it being a legitimate classic but everyone else seems to have jumped on that bandwagon so c'est la vie.

Slow, yes. Intentionally so. Drab and tedious, I don't think so. I was riveted the entire time. :diane:

1 hour ago, djBuffoon said:

Slow, yes. Intentionally so. Drab and tedious, I don't think so. I was riveted the entire time. :diane:

haha fair enough.

considering how dark it is I thought i'd be entranced, but it didn't resonate with me even a little bit. having to take a piss mid-movie at the theatre and not wanting to get up can also damage things. so yes. i need to rewatch.

pink sushi

The Ring and The Grudge are great.

As for more recent films.... I thought 10 Cloverfield Lane was AMAZING. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in the past several years. Although I would count this movie as more of a suspense film than horror. 

The Boy and It Follows are also worth a watch. 

Archived