Gaga tweets about Italy; promises to make a donation

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalon x
13 minutes ago, ferretti said:

Glad she's tweeting, not sure she needs to keep saying she's donating - just donate privately, no?

No. Her Italian fans needed to know that she's with them. Wouldn't they be really disappointed if she kept saying "I'm Italian" and then not help in a time of great crisis?

Heck, even her fans who aren't Italian would be pressed if she didn't say anything about it. We all know how much she's proud of being Italian. Why wouldn't she say that she's supporting them? It would be really hypocritical if she didn't. 

4 minutes ago, ferretti said:

Of course, celebrities can never win with issues like these. But, there's the high road and then ever-so-slightly lesser road. In the end, she cares and she's donating, which is great. But stating that one is donating, publicly, always comes off as self-serving and should probably just be avoided unless asked.

That's actually not true at all and it's just your opinion. When people know that someone genuinely cares.. it doesn't come off as self-serving. It's called showing support. And it also encourages others especially her fans to donate in a time of need.

Plus she wrote "my family will make a donation" instead of "I am going to make a donation"... there's a huge difference right there.

11 minutes ago, Cheap Wig said:

Celebrities can't win. If she didn't tweet, she would be harassed. If she tweets and doesn't say she donated, people would ask why she didn't donate. If she says she donated, people ask why she's publicizing her donation. Sheesh.

This. :applause: 

Iwontell
4 minutes ago, Tommi said:

Could you all stop with this bitching and instead be nice to her/to one another? I'm from Center Italy and the situation was and is scary as hell

True dat.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

ferretti
1 minute ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

No. Her Italian fans needed to know that she's with them. Wouldn't they be really disappointed if she kept saying "I'm Italian" and then not help in a time of great crisis?

Heck, even her fans who aren't Italian would be pressed if she didn't say anything about it. We all know how much she's proud of being Italian. Why wouldn't she say that she's supporting them? It would be really hypocritical if she didn't. 

That's actually not true at all and it's just your opinion. When people know that someone genuinely cares.. it doesn't come off as self-serving. It's called showing support. And it also encourages others especially her fans to donate in a time of need.

Plus she wrote "my family will make a donation" instead of "I am going to make a donation"... there's a huge difference right there.

This. :applause: 

Yeah, I won't deny any of that, my comments clearly veered off course and were out of line. Didn't mean to be so distracting to the issue nor to really rail on Gaga so hard.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Blackwillow
3 minutes ago, ferretti said:

Yeah, I won't deny any of that, my comments clearly veered off course and were out of line. Didn't mean to be so distracting to the issue nor to really rail on Gaga so hard.

Now that's spirit of good bottom :neyde:

avalon x
1 minute ago, ferretti said:

That's okay, you said what you thought. I'm glad you understood my point of view. :hug:

I just read about the earthquake and I wasn't expecting to see as much destruction as I did.

Praying for the lives lost and their families. 

39 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

THANK YOU!

As for those who are talking about how this will help with her image and discussing wether or not she should have kept the donation private, take a moment to realize that the world doesn't turn around Gaga, she's just doing what she thinks is the right thing, and you talking about this disaster as something Gaga could or could not benefit from is really disgusting. Have some respect.

GagaMyBlood95

The earthquake was so bad, I pray for everyone who's affected by it.

And it's so nice of Gaga to tweet + donate!

CannaeDrive

This is terrible what happened. I'm so proud of Gaga doing actually something concrete to help people over there.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived