💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

BET disses Madonna’s Prince Tribute

Enhsa

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I don't get where all the negativity is coming from. Her performance seemed just fine to me. Solo, she was good and my only criticism of Purple Rain was that it was basically all chorus (although that was understandable, there's some high notes and crazy guitar work later on that couldn't be replicated). I don't see how she was "bad." I get some might say it's underwhelming if they were a big Prince fan but bad? Come on. I knew it was going to be hard to find someone perfectly suited to do Prince tributes and Madonna may not have been the #1 choice but considering she once collabed with him and he inspired her, it was an understandable choice and she tried her best. I think Madonna's currently in a period where it's cool to hate on her and she can't seem to do anything right. But she's been used to that for years. She always comes out the other side.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Himeros26

Madonna had no soul in the performance.

And I don't mean character, as the white people would assume. I mean MUSICAL SOUL in her voice. The BET one better be good! 

On 5/23/2016 at 7:19 AM, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

A legend was tributing another legend. Yes, you saw that, there aren't many legends alive that were close to Prince. Madonna even dated him, who the **** are they to diss this. 

This doesn't take away the fact that her performance was still not a strong enough performance to reach acclaim.

21 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

You know the haters are out 

But he has a point. I am a huge Taylor fan, but would definitely say her music is no where near "Hooker" Pop. She is definitely more bubblegum.

DemeLarell
On 5/23/2016 at 8:19 AM, kabirartfling said:

Just because prince was black, the BET  gets to decide who does the tribute? thats hypocracy right there. Are people around the world seriously gonna fight over a white person giving a tribute to a black person? Why is the color of someones skin so valuable? I BET if it was beyonce performing the tribute it would have been a big thing. Smd hypocrates

Where did they mention color? I'm not attacking just really curious. A lot of people bashed Madonna's performance. It's sad because a lot of people who do tributes get back lashed. Does the GP expect Prince to rise from the grave and do the tribute himself? Ugh. Why can't people just appreciate the fact that these artist want to acknowledge these legends and pay tribute to them and their legacy. 

KingRedd

GGD needs more older/wise members. Too many 17 year olds and younger thinking Prince is some random guy. Lmao cmon GGD, get some knowledge.

May I Read You? 😎

2 hours ago, KingRedd said:

GGD needs more older/wise members. Too many 17 year olds and younger thinking Prince is some random guy. Lmao cmon GGD, get some knowledge.

How I have felt this entire time.

Iwontell

BS, Madonna did alright...and had it been a BET tribute getting the bad reviews and then the AMA released a similar ad, subtly saying "hey, calm down, us white ppl are going make it right at our show", the accusations of racism would go on and on for three weeks....

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

llbcherry
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Checkers said:

This thread :rip:

First world problems...

Right!?

I can't begin to understand why I read all 14 page of this.... this.... mess.

Me the whole time: :saladga:

Madonna has never been an amazing vocalist. I have never liked her. But I thought the tribute was very touching, and to me, that was all that mattered. If BET thinks they need a musically technically astounding & perfect tribute in order to truly honor him, then whatever, do your best, but there is no need to diss another's to promote your own.

And dude, seriously? Prince is a legend. (In popular opinion.)

If you don't think so, fine. But I'm pretty damn sure most human beings, including musicians and critics, agree that he is a legend...but these things could be considered subjective of course. 

So let's take a chill pill, respect opinions, honor the dead, and sh*t like that. K? Cool. 

Monster2015

Prince did SO MUCH for the African-American community so it only seemed fitting. And not only that, but it wasn't good at all I'm sorry and that's just my opinion. 

Kermit the frog

It's not because she's white. It's because her performance sucked big time.

Get. Over. It. 

Goldfish
On 23/05/2016 at 4:27 PM, Skrill said:

Just because Madonna has been around for so many years does NOT mean she's a legend automatically...Of course some of her music is iconic but let's be real...Other than that she's indifferent from other popstars and there are so many less known artists that deserved recognition a lot more than she did...

this is utter garbage, im sorry but she is a legend, there is no doubt about it

I invented post-its

Kayla
On 5/23/2016 at 10:27 AM, Skrill said:

Just because Madonna has been around for so many years does NOT mean she's a legend automatically...Of course some of her music is iconic but let's be real...Other than that she's indifferent from other popstars and there are so many less known artists that deserved recognition a lot more than she did...

Considering something she made decades ago is causing enough controversy to make a 25+ debate thread resulting in insults being thrown, moderators being belittled, and a number of angry reports asking for it to be closed, I'd say she's made a big impact. ;)

Not many artists can say something they made in the early 90s is still controversial enough to cause huge arguments all the way into 2016. 

AJH219

This advertisement was a deliberate attack on Madonna. Doesn't anyone find it off how it was all prepped and ready to go right after her performance. This was a planned assault on the greatest female performer of all time by some truly irrelevant TV channel. This haters will try and justify this dragging because you are all STUPID. The world would be such a better place if we could eradicate every single person who has the audacity to trash someone as iconic as Madonna. It's truly so disgusting this type of behavior is allowed, it really freaking is. Like I'm still so offended that our generation refuses to acknowledge the greatness that is Madonna, my hatred for my fellow young adults gets justifiable each and every day with this blatant disrespect you all constantly spew towards her. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Archived