Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are today's popstars so basic?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

Why are today's popstars so basic and generic? Popstars like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Meghan Trainor, Iggy, ect. keep releasing the same type of music that everyone else is releasing over and over again. A typical argument I get about this is that not everyone is artistic and that mediocre music is ok because they are pop stars, then what is the point of them calling themselves ARTISTS? Year after year the recylce the same trendy sounds with the same generic formula and there is just no creativity in them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leo

I don't know why you think today's popstars are so basic and generic.

Edonis

So I enjoy Ariana Grande because she's talented even if her music can be repetitive. (Although Dangerous Woman may be her best record yet imo) Anyways, it all has to do with how comfortable their management feels in terms of releasing music. They want to sell music that sells so they follow the same basic principle and sounds because it worked in the past. That's it basically. 20 years from now you can usually tell which one of those artists really mattered TBH. 

untitled

I knew it was gonna be a thread by you before opening it :flop:

OT: No, they're not

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

Spock

Another one of your threads made to bash artists

tumblr_npg9vhykdn1qftpdso1_250.giftumblr_npg9vhykdn1qftpdso1_250.gif
tumblr_npg9vhykdn1qftpdso1_250.giftumblr_npg9vhykdn1qftpdso1_250.gif

who will love me when the night is over

Quark
Just now, Muumisarvinen said:

I knew it was gonna be a thread by you before opening it :flop:

OT: No, they're not

Except they are. Is quite obvious

MaryJaneHolland

money and charts, i guess 

it's not their fault tho, the GP just wants that kind of music, trashy and cheap-sounding 

Quark
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

So I enjoy Ariana Grande because she's talented even if her music can be repetitive. (Although Dangerous Woman may be her best record yet imo) Anyways, it all has to do with how comfortable their management feels in terms of releasing music. They want to sell music that sells so they follow the same basic principle and sounds because it worked in the past. That's it basically. 20 years from now you can usually tell which one of those artists really mattered TBH. 

I think she can sing, but her music is very generic.

ALGAYDO

Because they're making mainstream music to sell. But that doesn't make it BAD music. It's fun music that you can have a good time listening to. Not everything has to be super deep and artistic. 

venusfly

"Today's"? It's the way pop music has been since the beginning of time.

Quark
1 minute ago, NOT Marinara said:

Because they're making mainstream music to sell. But that doesn't make it BAD music. It's fun music that you can have a good time listening to. Not everything has to be super deep and artistic. 

Most is it is bad. Even if its just "fun" music.

Quark
2 minutes ago, LG said:

"Today's"? It's the way pop music has been since the beginning of time.

Is much more apparent today though.

venusfly
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Is much more apparent today though.

I don't mean to sound like a delusional monster but its because the Gaga period ended. Pop music was basic before she was around, she made everything a little more complex and different and she struck gold and her style became the next market to tap, that tap has now run dry and they've moved onto the next trend which is back to basic pop music. Maybe she can innovate the next big trend but who knows. Somebody new (like Allie X) might even hit it big.

Quark
Just now, LG said:

I don't mean to sound like a delusional monster but its because the Gaga period ended. Pop music was basic before she was around, she made everything a little more complex and different and she struck gold and her style became the next market to tap, that tap has now run dry and they've moved onto the next trend which is back to basic pop music. Maybe she can innovate the next big trend but who knows. 

Actually you are right. Gaga did step it up for everyone when she debuted.

Archived