Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What caused ARTPOP's sale flop?

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Gaga's sales come from the GP & her little monsters. Born this way was commercially successful, but ARTPOP was not as successful. However the Born This Way album is generally considered wierd and I can't imagine the GP listening to it...  But I might be mistaken.

so for ARTPOP's sale flop, was it the fans or the GP that didn't buy the album? (Applause and DWUW were pretty GP friendly)

AlexanderLevi2

It did fine.

Im done talking about "ARTPOP's flop" and moving on with my life :neyde:

Nothing new or different will be discussed.

Currently listening to Joanne

ApplauseftAdele
Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

It did fine.

Im done talking about "ARTPOP's flop" and moving on with my life :neyde:

Nothing new or different will be discussed.

Read the question... And admit it, COMPARED TO HER OTHER ALBUMS it "flopped". Just wondering if it was the GP or Fans that didn't buy it.

ARTPOPisaChoice

Lack of promo after November. It was doing fine sales wise and then the mid-era blackout ruined it. Can't blame her for her depression/need to take a break though. 

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

ARTPOPchamp
10 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Gaga's sales come from the GP & her little monsters. Born this way was commercially successful, but ARTPOP was not as successful. However the Born This Way album is generally considered wierd and I can't imagine the GP listening to it...  But I might be mistaken.

so for ARTPOP's sale flop, was it the fans or the GP that didn't buy the album? (Applause and DWUW were pretty GP friendly)

Do What U Want was slop and had nothing to do with ARTPOP's theme. 

Because Born This Way happened :neyde: 

Spoiler

jk :emma: 

Spoiler

I still think it's a little too ahead of it's time tho. Imagine if ARTPOP happened first.

1. Alienating the GP with Born This Way (single) appealing only to the LGBT community.

2. Waiting too long to release

Both ruined her career. So sad.

Curunir

Contrary to popular belief, Jesus didn't die for our sins. Instead, ARTPOP flopped :poot:

That is all :sis:

8 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Read the question... And admit it, COMPARED TO HER OTHER ALBUMS it "flopped". Just wondering if it was the GP or Fans that didn't buy it.

the fans bought the album and the gp didn't

not hard to understand 

Mister Gaga

Applause was unappealing for the GP. If you're not a fan, you can't relate to it. The GP can sing "you're gonna hear me roar", but won't sing about Koons and the gong.

DWUW was appealing but since it didn't have a video, it underperformed. Pretty sad. It could have save the era...

Also, release the record one week after Eminem? Release 12/15 songs of the album before it's release? 

Also, she was in the middle of the backlash because she was still very associated to the LGBT community.

A huge combo of bad management decisions, and all those things i wrote, made ARTPOP underperform.

LePetitGAGABLover

IT STILL ****ING SOLD MORE THAN THE PINKPRINT, ANTi, BANGERZ, AND OTHER WELL ESTABLISHED ARTISTS AND NO ONE IS CALLING THEM A FLOP. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Archived