Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

'Legacy' segment on Lady Gaga's Wiki page contributed by JustPokeHerFace

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga

I don't think that segment was there before. I visit her Wiki page regularly and I think they recently wrote this for her. :applause:

EDIT: Turns out @JustPokeHerFace was the one who wrote it. :applause:

Gaga has been regarded as a trail blazer throughout several points in her career, sometimes utilizing controversy to bring attention to various issues.[285] With the meteoric success of The Fame, Gaga is credited as being one of the frontrunners of the rise in the popularity of synthpop in the late 2000s and early 2010s.[286][287][288] Writer Brian Solis says,"It's all about how you cultivate your community," Solis said. "Celebs have never shied away from causes and in many ways it's expected that they will use their celebrity to gain attention for those causes. But it's what (Gaga) does over time and how her community responds that starts the lean-over into the influence factor. Polaroid CEO, upon working with Gaga, says,"she's a true artist who inspires her fans and the creative community. The relationship she has with her fans is exceptionally close and she is consistently in contact with them via social networks, making her messages accessible, authentic and far reaching.[289] Nick Jonas, Sam Smith, and Matthew Bellamy have all listed Gaga as influences.[290][291][292]

Gaga's outlandish fashion sense has also been one of her trademark aspects.[293] The Global Language Monitor named "Lady Gaga" as the Top Fashion Buzzword with her trademark "no pants" a close third.[294] Entertainment Weekly put her outfits on its end of the decade "best-of" list, saying, "Whether it's a dress made of Muppets or strategically placed bubbles, Gaga's outré ensembles brought performance art into the mainstream."[295] Time Magazineplaced Gaga on their "All-Time 100 Fashion Icons List" amongst some of Gaga's inspirations such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, and The Beatles, stating: "Lady Gaga is just as notorious for her outrageous style as she is for her pop hits. After all, Gaga, born Stefani Germanotta, has sported outfits made from plastic bubbles, Kermit the Frog dolls, and raw meat."[296]

Gaga has been commemorated in the scientific names of several organisms. A new genus of ferns, Gaga, and two species, G. germanotta and G. monstraparva have been named in her honor. The name monstraparva alluded to Gaga's fans known as "little monsters" since their symbol is the outstretched "monster claw" hand, which bears a striking resemblance to a tightly in-rolled young fern leaf prior to unfurling.[297] Gaga also has an extinct mammal,Gagadon, and a parasitic wasp, Aleiodes gaga, named for her.[298][299][300]

Kermit

Didn't a member on here write it?

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Mobster said:

Slay @JustPokeHerFace for writing it and slay you for noticing so fast :giveup:

4 minutes ago, DominicB said:

Didn't a member on here write it?

omg I thought @DominicB was joking then I realized that thread :emma:

JustPokeHerFace

Thanks! Yeah writing is one of my favorite things to do (currently trying to get a novel published rn), and since I edit Wikipedia articles fairly often, I knew that our talented fave had enough sources and made enough impact to warrant a legacy section. No one's reverted it yet, so I guess enough of the world agrees. :emma:

Bradley
Just now, JustPokeHerFace said:

Thanks! Yeah writing is one of my favorite things to do (currently trying to get a novel published rn), and since I edit Wikipedia articles fairly often, I knew that our talented fave had enough sources and made enough impact to warrant a legacy section. No one's reverted it yet, so I guess enough of the world agrees. :emma:

How do you edit pages that are locked?

JustPokeHerFace
2 minutes ago, Edward Hardy said:

How do you edit pages that are locked?

Gaga's page is semi-protected, which means you need to make an account in order to edit it. 

Archived