đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga get herself a new management team?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

Have you ever gotten the feeling that Gaga's management team is not quite as, for the lack of a better word, professional as those of the other pop stars? I've been feeling this way for years but have never figured out how to put it into words.

Now you may say that the management did make Gaga the biggest star in the world, so they must have done something right. I actually think they simply got lucky. To give you an example, Snapchat is valued at $16 billion, but does that really say anything about their founders' competence as businesspeople? It's a classic blockbuster model that works like magic when it works, but it cannot be sustainable without good management who know what they are doing. Likewise, Gaga's rise was a textbook example of the blockbuster model, and her career has taken far too many missteps for an artist that has only been around for less than a decade. Granted she's till one of the biggest stars on the planet and she is more respected than ever, but the credit solely goes to her unmatched raw talent, not her management team.

If you look at her contemporaries, you can easily see the various skill sets Gaga's management is lacking. 

You may call Taylor Swift greedy, and I tend to agree, but there's no arguing her management has been doing a fantastic job preserving her own best interest. Her record sales have a lot to do with the way her team have consistently cracked down on copyright infringement. On the other hand, the entire discography of Gaga can be found on any streaming site in the world, and no one at her label seems to care. As streaming becomes increasing dominant, the lack of action on Gaga's part is simply not smart.

You want to know why someone as basic as Katy has been doing so much better than Gaga commercially? Because her team has made every right decision they could possibly make and has made most of Katy's limited skill set. Sure, you can say Katy is nothing but a manufactured pop product, but the point is her team has managed to turn **** into gold and produce a highly successful product. If they can do that with Katy's dire talent, imagine what they can do with Gaga's skill set. On a set note, my resentment for Gaga's team escalated when I watched the lyric videos of Roar and Applause back to back. What the **** was that?

And of course there's Beyonce. Who would have expected that she could pull off a 900k opening week after 4? This woman bounces back from failures like they never happened, sometimes even within the same era. Monsters like to say how critics hold Gaga to such high standards, but can't the same thing be said about Beyonce? Everyone goes apeshit over whatever she puts out even when it's total ****, and yet she never suffers from the critical backlash Gaga has had to deal with when the material is remotely subpar.

I'll have to stop here for now, and I apologize if my rambling appears nonsensical. It's late over here and English is clearly not my first language. I might return in the morning and try to make more cohesiveness out of it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YourEvilTwin
Just now, SharGaga said:

She already got a new management in 2013 tho.

I love Bobby, but he's not enough.

elijahfan

That's precisely why she changed her management team in 2013, which you don't seem to be aware of...

Have you seen how her reputation has evolved in the past 2 years and how her February 2016 looks like? I'd say she's doing pretty awesome right now.

Mobster

She has a new manager now, than she used to throughout most of the ARTPOP era... She hasn't had a single pop-era with Bobby as her manager as of yet, so it's really hard to judge.

But considering she has had 2 amazing years, without putting out new content, I think she couldn't be in better hands :ohno:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Jakob Liam Kristensen said:

... Are you ****ing kidding? Just look at this month - how the hell would anybody think this is not enough?! She's doing every major gig in the US and is about to win a freaking Oscar, for Christ's sake

YourEvilTwin
Just now, elijahfan said:

That's precisely why she changed her management team in 2013, which you don't seem to be aware of...

Have you seen how her reputation has evolved in the past 2 years and how her February 2016 looks like? I'd say she's doing pretty awesome right now.

As I said, the credit goes to her raw talent, not genius management decision making. Any of us could've figured out the wisest thing she had to do was prove her true talent to the world.

KyliesChild

Yeah, Bobby is doing great, but there should be a bit more people to help with ads on websites, etc. And she recently signed into a new agency.

FATCAT

Well then you'll never be pleased. Try again.

Purr more, hiss less.

KURUSHITOVSKA

What other management can get an Oscar performane, singing the anthem at the SB, Grammy performance in the same month? Also the AHS performance, the Cheek to Cheek era, the last's year Oscars performance.. She doesn't need a new management team. Also she is smart enough to do good things by herself. Just wait till the promo for LG5 starts.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

wtf Bobby is doing wonders to her career, are you insane

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Whispering

She just got a new management team and look at the last year! Gaga and her team have completely turned the negativity of the last era into constant praise. 

No, no, NO! 

YourEvilTwin
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

... Are you ****ing kidding? Just look at this month - how the hell would anybody think this is not enough?!

You think it was Bobby who convinced NFL and the recording academy to give her the gigs? No, it was Gaga's talent.

And what would a lesser manager have done? Pass on the opportunities?

andy232000
4 minutes ago, Jakob Liam Kristensen said:

We do not tolerate this type of offenses to King Bobby in this site, thank you

KURUSHITOVSKA

As I said, the credit goes to her raw talent, not genius management decision making. Any of us could've figured out the wisest thing she had to do was prove her true talent to the world.

No hon, you can have talent but if your manager isn't good then you're fu'ked up, see Nicole Scherzinger. It's not that they call Gaga to perform here and there, it's her management that offers Gaga for them to contract her.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• AyaKara locked this topic

Archived