💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Elton John says ARTPOP wasn't a good album/idea... thoughts?

StarstruckIllusion

What do y'all think.   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right?

• Tbh Elton spill the tea
    • Wtf is Elton doing

Featured Posts

adamsenigma
4 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

I lost faith in Elton after he performed with Demi :green:

Demi is talented af, what's wrong with u. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2

I definitely disagree with his opinion... But I think it's good that Gaga is moving on from that album type. The highly artistic/pretentious (I use that as a good word, because that's what I love about Gaga) type of album. It's just like a good TV show, end the concept when it's still good and don't run with it till it is unlike able. I'm guessing her next couple of albums will be ballad/Rock/disco/groovy pop with less focus on letting people know Gaga is in the building but just having her enjoy the place and music she's in.

Currently listening to Joanne

9 minutes ago, Nicole said:

If he doesn't like it he doesn't like it, who cares lol. He is clearly very honest with Gaga and if she didn't like that she wouldn't be as close to him as she is. We don't always need to jump to Gaga's defence. He is Gaga's friend, let her fight this one if she feels the need to.

This ! 

I think someone mentionened it before, the denunciation of ARTPOP is necessary for the Marketing of LG5.

LebaneseDude

I'm a fan of ARTPOP but when Gaga herself says that ARTPOP wasn't as good as it could be then we shouldn't really come for people who say it too. :neyde:

Then again I don't see the point in bringing it up either so I voted "Wtf Elton".

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

PaperIz
15 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Demi is talented af, what's wrong with u. 

Confident was the last straw for me with Demi. It's the only album of hers i don't have. She is extremely talented, but she's so....Not basic, but I can't even describe it. I lost faith in her and now in Elton by association lol.

Dark Anatomy

I applaud him for being able to be honest and not afraid of the Little Artbottoms that will probably threaten his life on twitter. :duck:

3 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I applaud him for being able to honest and not afraid of the Little Artbottoms that will probably threaten his life on twitter. :duck:

what a flawless description :rip: 

Kanye West

He's right. The album is bad and it was a terrible career move. He literally says "the album" not the era. There's no confusion. Stop with the poor excuses.

KANYEWEST.COM

There's no use in getting over defensive and calling him wrong because that's his honest opinion. There's no right answer and he's not a bad person for thinking that.

If anything, instead of bashing him, we should be grateful that Elton is there for her. He's obviously a lot more experienced and knowledgeable about music/the industry than she is, and most importantly he's not just saying yes to everything she does which I suspect a lot of people on her own team have been doing for years.

Yes it's a little weird that he'd so publicly speak low of her work, but at the end of the day he's painting out the narrative that she's bouncing back to her old, more inspired and happy self with this album. And I'm excited about that.

4 hours ago, PaperIz said:

I lost faith in Elton after he performed with Demi :green:

:green:

Reality

I think conceptually the album was fantastic, probably one of her best ones—along with Born This Way. However, I do sort of agree with him when it comes to the production of the album. I'll be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of most of those songs on the album, but what kept me listening to it was the message behind all of the songs. They were all beautiful. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived