Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

NYC subway trains covered in Nazi insignia to promo new Amazon show

Supersonic

Featured Posts

JanPianoMusic
2 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

The thing is that they don't care bad or good promo is still promo and people will still tune in to then tweet their negativity and it will be a trending topic.

:neyde: mess

You will never please everyone.

Well ****, let's also do a show about lynching 1980s and put non-working nooses up in trees. :smh: 

It's an interesting marketing strategy, but there are still people alive who went through that **** so its pretty tasteless. 

My mother has been a nurse for a little over 20 years now and she's told me stories about patients she had who previously were Holocaust victims; still had the number tattoos and everything. Some of her stories were heartbreaking. Elderly people who would huddle in the corner and cry when doctors came in, who would lash out and suffer from anxiety during their stay, etc. One story that always stuck with me was a woman who she was helping to bathe with another nurse and as they helped her undress the woman working with my mother noticed the patient's number tattoo and, not realizing what it was, exclaimed, "Oh! You have a tattoo! What do the numbers stand for?" and this poor woman just broke down in tears. 

So yeah. I don't take this kind of thing as one of those "Get thicker skin!" or "You can't just ignore it!" types of things. Can you imagine what it'd be like for a person who'd been in the Holocaust to enter that train and unexpectedly be met with those symbols, considering the last time they saw those signals flying freely was during such a traumatic experience?

I say too soon. 

I have respect and empathy for Holocaust survivors, but I imagine if an individual has the emotional fortitude to survive genocide they don't need to be mollycoddled about fascist artwork on a train.

I like art that exists to push the boundaries of good taste.

Morphine Prince

The ads have been pulled, however this comment is spot on: 

"Amazon knew that there would be no less expensive way to get everyone in the whole world to know about their new series than to spend a few bucks to plaster some offensive ads around New York City. Once they did that, they knew our ultra-sensitive, politically correct media would take over and give the show endless free advertising. Well played Amazon!"

In the end Amazon won. More people are now talking about this show now than before. 

I only saw the short title "NYC subway trains covered in Nazi...", and figured this thread would be about graffiti done by Trump supporters.

I'm watching the show right now. It's really good. But I think they could have promoted it in another way. Seeing the swastika on the American Flag got my blood boiling but it's only a fictional show. It's weird to see the way the world would be if the war ended the other way. 

Archived