đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele '25' US sales discussion - reached 3M+

Haroon

Featured Posts

NYCMonster1984
On November 19, 2015 at 5:39:58 PM, VenusOddity said:

This proves that album sales have nothing to do with music quality. I'm not saying it's a bad album, it's just not good enough to sell 2.5M.

I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that she isn't streaming. I don't think anyone should stream right away it tanks album sales. To many people will stream instead of buying. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Deagan said:

The album content is not at all worthy of those sales. Hello did that for her.

Guess all I can do is congratulate her on being able to fool the world like this.

I listened to the album as soon as it came out and was dissapointed, to say the least.

The fact that you were disappointed does not mean that it is an objective opinion. It seems that millions liked it. That's life, I mean sometimes we fail to understand something really successful but others like it.

Wolf Boy
10 hours ago, Deagan said:

The album content is not at all worthy of those sales. Hello did that for her.

Guess all I can do is congratulate her on being able to fool the world like this.

I listened to the album as soon as it came out and was dissapointed, to say the least.

oh well, too bad for you.

Because if you don't personally like an album, then it doesn't deserve 2.5 million in sales in 4 days? cant stand the logic of some of the pressed people on this forum. 

Dangerous Man

Sales figures as of Tuesday afternoon put 25 at 216,000 through four days. Think another 14,213 Canadians will pick up the record before Thursday night?

Just for fun, here’s a list of the all-time first-week sales winners in Canada since the Soundscan era began in this country in 1995. (We don’t have any reliable figures before that since all sales were based on estimates and record company boasting.)

Celine Dion – Let’s Talk About Love – 230,000 – November 1997

Backstreet Boys – Millenium – 191,000 – May 1999

Backstreet Boys – Black And Blue – 156,000 – November 2000

Celine Dion – A New Day Has Come – 152,000 – March 2002

Shania Twain – Up! – 150,000 – November 2002

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/just-bieber-and-one-direction-obliterate-global-streaming-record/

________

Already  216k in Canada 4 days sales! She's goin to break Celine's record. :rip:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Bleachella

adhe-xx.jpg

In discussing chart movements for the next two weeks, the international record auditing agency brought up the subject that has been on everyone's lips for the past four days - and that is Adele and her brand new album 25. 

They were quoted for the first official WW projection of 25's debut week sales - they believe that it could sell over "5 million copies WW in the first week." 

They caution that it could be much higher - with varying projections being as high as 8 million WW. 

x

Everyone needs to remember that initial sale numbers are a direct reflection of the previous album's popularity. 21 was a massive success because it built up momentum with its catchy singles. When she left the scene, people couldn't wait for a worthy follow-up.

It's much like The Fame/Monster. Gaga built up so much momentum with her debut that people couldn't wait for Born This Way. When the BTW era didn't churn out huge hits like The Fame/Monster I knew the next album would most likely suffer. ARTPOP's sale numbers are a direct reflection of Born This Way's success (or lack thereof).

But props to Adele. The album isn't interesting enough in my personal opinion but it's good to see REAL talent succeeding.

Gagaloo911

I'm happy for Adele, truly am. She's so humble and a great human being, and all that talent to go along with it, she deserves to have this kind of success

Her numbers are truly insane though. Like whoa, how can practically no artist pull even half these numbers? A mindfvck, what people will buy and won't.

Adele's cool. I think everybody gets that. More power to her.

Her success is well-deserved, and I can't imagine that anyone would begrudge her.

You can't ignore your lessons even after you become a star

SlaeUrAnus

Props to her, she deserves it.

I just cannot gather why she is selling these numbers in 2015. Her numbers are selling above the physical eras of the 80's and 90's that did not have a computer/iTunes in sight. Unbelievable :omg: 

In my messy era.

On 11/24/2015, 4:03:12, Adelephant said:

I see the jealous fumers are already starting to complain. :flutter: Feed my soul HATEPOP

LOL I think the Adele allergy in this site is nowhere near what it was when I first joined back when Skyfall was just about to be released. I was put on stocks for defending her in such a hilarious way, the amount of hate back then was as if Adele had dishonoured their ancestors or something.

ViviLittleM
Just now, badboymonsterx said:

omg JUSTIN though :rip: thought he was selling more!

It's not FINALE. We don't know.

Archived