💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele accused of plagiarising Hello, ha BTW era?!!

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

Source

Hello was released after a three-year hiatus for the British artist and became the first song to be downloaded more than one million times in a week.

But fans of Tom Waits think it is too similar to his 1973 cult single Martha, which is about calling a former partner.

One fan tweeted: "Hello was done 1,000 times better by him in the '70s". Another said: "Adele I love you BUT Tom Waits nailed that song on his 73 debut."

Both songs feature lyrics about getting in touch with an old acquaintance.

His song has the same theme as hers: a former flame calling a past lover, and in the track he sings:

'Hello, hello there, is this Martha? This is old Tom Frost / And I am calling long distance, don't worry 'bout the cost / 'Cause it's been forty years or more, now Martha please recall / Meet me out for coffee, where we'll talk about it all.'

Adele's Hello begins in a similar way, as she croons: 'Hello, it's me / I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet / To go over, everything / They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing.'

While the words to each song aren't quite the same, there is a markedly similar theme.

2E0F971800000578-3301486-image-a-126_144

2E0F971E00000578-3301486-image-a-127_144

2E0F971200000578-3301486-image-a-128_144

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

I am now going to take a Listen to this Lost sis. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Kermit

:emma: whet

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Breaking: Song has similar theme to another song. This has never happened before. Stop everything.

Please.

Serendipity

looks like suing is the new thing now :flower:

eyes.png

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Haroon

It's not like a super unique theme that only one person could come up with :shrug: It's actually a very general theme that can apply to so many people in so many different versions of the same situation :sweat: 

mucinex

she also copied Lana Del Rey's Video Games video aesthetic and also Lady Gaga's Telephone because she said Hello while holding a phone also she copied Ariana Grande because her boyfriend in the video is black. 

djBuffoon

Adele will have an easier time with this than Gaga because she creates """""""""real""""""""" music.

SlaeUrAnus

Since when is having the same theme/concept PLAGIARISM!?  :smh: 

Let's sue everyone who writes about love, s-x and money. 

I cannot :smh:  

In my messy era.

Anderson123

The theme of Hello is something almost the entire world could do. I don't see why they'd make such a big deal about. The song has sold a million copies anyway and this is Adele.

SlaeUrAnus

Adele will have an easier time with this than Gaga because she creates """""""""real""""""""" music.

What are you getting at?

In my messy era.

malazam

This is a joke right? :lmao:

Who posted this forgot the tag 'humor'

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived