Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Adele's new music be more of the same?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

As many of you may already know, Adele released a short snippet of her new song. And lest just say, is sounds like almost everything else she has has released. The song is obviously different, it is not an exact copy of her previous songs, but it is still in the same vein of her previous acoustic/ballad sound with heartache themes. Now, the song sounds good so far, but it is nothing new from her.

AlexanderMagno

Probably. Very likely actually. But I hope some of the songs will be more hopeful, inspired by her current life.

But after listening to that snippet, I honestly don't care because I am slayed.

Well yes it will sound similar to her previous work. It's not like her new material will be a thumping dance record or a guitar driven metal song. It's just her genre, some evolution here and there but still true to soul and ballads. Lets appreciate Adele for what she is, not everyone is as musically adventurous as Gaga or other artists that we might be used to, and that's fine. They can all coexist and slay.

Mobster

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Plus, normally artists have to spice it up, when people are bored of them, but Adele has been MIA for long enough

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Bette Davis

Probably, but that's okay because that's what people like Adele for. It's not going to be anything revolutionary, but it's going to be well done and heartfelt. 

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

I think that kind of sound is what makes her unique. I don't really think she should go much astray from her roots. Maybe a lighter vibe a la 19 would be cool, but I hope she doesn't try too hard to sound different. Her lyrics and melodies are amazing, even if they're somehow similar.

Dark Anatomy

Adele is an artist who has found what works for HER and her AUDIENCE. No one I have seen (in real life) is complaining about her maintaining her signature sound. 

When I pop in a new Adele record i'm not looking for genre bending enigmatic music, i'm wanting sit back, chill, and hear that gorgeous voice tell me about something REAL I can relate to. :coffee:

As Little Monsters we should probably know it's very risky - commercially speaking - when an artist tries to go different ways with their songs.

TimisaMonster

It sure sounds like it... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Whispering

I expected it to basically sound the same, especially since she has always written her own music. I'm betting the album will also have some more hopeful, less angry songs since she is at a different point in her life. 

Pother than that, this is what kind of music Adele does. You either like it or you don't and it is clear that people have liked it with her last two albums. 

AlexanderLevi2

She's in the same vein as Lana. Lana found what worked for her and has stuck to it (with slight variations). Adele isn't known as a ground breaking innovative artist. She's known as an amazing singer who is relatable.

The snippet sounds amazing though so.

Currently listening to Joanne

Archived