Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

What Super Mario Would Look Like On NEXT-GEN Consoles

Doogi

Featured Posts

They always cared about the graphics. They just never wanted to make Mario "real", he's a cartoon character, an animated one. If they were to make his world "real", it would look like a completely different thing. Hence why Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS looks as exactly as the other ones (2D), even when the hardware for those consoles is 10x better and when they already made Pokkn Tournament! :sweat:

You have a point but Nintendo stated 1 billion times they prefer to focus on gameplay than graphics. Even the Wii U that has the best graphics they ever put in a console is sub-par to the other consoles of the same generation. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Hmm he looks out of place in a few of these beautiful settings, his style isn't really made for as realistic as some of these places look :sweat: And then the unrealistic place isn't amazing enough to match up :giveup: 

I'd love to see graphics like Zelda Wii U in the next major Mario game though :flutter: It's been ages since they released an open-world hub Mario game :duck: The last was Super Mario Galaxy I think? Either way I'm super excited, they pretty much always knock it out of the park when it comes to the big Mario games :wao: 

Hmm he looks out of place in a few of these beautiful settings, his style isn't really made for as realistic as some of these places look :sweat: And then the unrealistic place isn't amazing enough to match up :giveup: 

I'd love to see graphics like Zelda Wii U in the next major Mario game though :flutter: It's been ages since they released an open-world hub Mario game :duck: The last was Super Mario Galaxy I think? Either way I'm super excited, they pretty much always knock it out of the park when it comes to the big Mario games :wao: 

It was Super Mario Galaxy 2. It is so weird they haven't made one for the Wii U yet.

Haroon

It was Super Mario Galaxy 2. It is so weird they haven't made one for the Wii U yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn't feel like it to me because you'd travel from world to world on that Mario-shaped planet and go along those lines :sweat: Yeah it is super weird that a Wii U one hasn't been made :confused: 

Super Mario 3D World is super amazing with some really great levels but again it's one of those flat board ones that have worlds within them. I mean something like Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine when there's like a whole world already there and you go into the other worlds from there :laughga: I hope that makes sense :duck: 

Battle 4 Ur Life

as a HUGE Nintendo fan I gotta say this has absolutely nothing to do with what Super Mario represents. the person who made this is kinda stupid imo and clearly has never played a Mario game and it's clueless of the whole mythology of the series.

Super Mario 3D World, for instance, already has HD graphics like that but it's miles better with a more friendly, playful and fun interface...this is just trying too hard, looks depressing and ruined the whole mario aesthetic which is masterfully built (only) by Nintendo. gamers on general are so f* biased, that's why I despise the gamer community. it's full of a-holes.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn't feel like it to me because you'd travel from world to world on that Mario-shaped planet and go along those lines :sweat: Yeah it is super weird that a Wii U one hasn't been made :confused: 

Super Mario 3D World is super amazing with some really great levels but again it's one of those flat board ones that have worlds within them. I mean something like Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine when there's like a whole world already there and you go into the other worlds from there :laughga: I hope that makes sense :duck: 

In SMG2 you could do whatever you wanted to in the galaxies, just like in the first. The difference is that the "worlds" in the first were "camouflaged" in the domes while in the second they created the map for all worlds.

Sizzily

I know it won't be able to put out these graphics but the NX is supposedly going to Nintendo stepping up to at least where the PS4/Xbox One is now. But I guess we'll see next year. 

this has absolutely nothing to do with what Mario represents. the person who made this is kinda stupid imo and clearly has never played a super mario game. 

Super Mario 3D World, for instance, already has HD graphics like that but it's miles better with a more friendly, playful and fun interface...this is just trying too hard and totally misses the point, not to mention it ruined the whole mario aesthetic which is masterfully built (only) by Nintendo. gamers on general are so f* biased, that's why I despise the gamer community. it's full of a-holes.

Woah now, it was probably just for fun and to see what it would look like.

One Banned Boi

Haroon

In SMG2 you could do whatever you wanted to in the galaxies, just like in the first. The difference is that the "worlds" in the first were "camouflaged" in the domes while in the second they created the map for all worlds.

That's what I mean, in Super Mario Galaxy the observatory was the hub with everything accessible from there, so it was closer to being like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64 just a lot smaller and less exciting (for me anyway :sweat: ). In Super Mario Galaxy 2 the little Mario planet didn't seem like a hub, it just seemed like a vehicle to go from world to world without actually travelling yourself

I'm just not into the map and lines and stuff as much anymore because it's been done a lot lately and there hasn't been as much of the overworld :noparty: Like New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3d World, I'm just a bit bored of the way it's set out. Although the games are amazing, like the levels and star missions are all awesome :party: 

Battle 4 Ur Life

I know it won't be able to put out these graphics but the NX is supposedly going to Nintendo stepping up to at least where the PS4/Xbox One is now. But I guess we'll see next year. 

Woah now, it was probably just for fun and to see what it would look like.

lol. didn't mean for it to sound angry. it's just that it's messing too much with a classic and that's a big deal to me because I own a lot of Super Mario games and I love them very much. I get your point tho.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

That's what I mean, in Super Mario Galaxy the observatory was the hub with everything accessible from there, so it was closer to being like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64 just a lot smaller and less exciting (for me anyway :sweat: ). In Super Mario Galaxy 2 the little Mario planet didn't seem like a hub, it just seemed like a vehicle to go from world to world without actually travelling yourself

I'm just not into the map and lines and stuff as much anymore because it's been done a lot lately and there hasn't been as much of the overworld :noparty: Like New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3d World, I'm just a bit bored of the way it's set out. Although the games are amazing, like the levels and star missions are all awesome :party: 

My problem with Mario games now is that they are too easy. I beat SMG2 in one week, like, wtf

Haroon

My problem with Mario games now is that they are too easy. I beat SMG2 in one week, like, wtf

You need Super Mario 3D World then :rip: Some of the levels after the main worlds are torturous, especially when you take into account the green stars, stamp, and gold flag poles :air: 

You need Super Mario 3D World then :rip: Some of the levels after the main worlds are torturous, especially when you take into account the green stars, stamp, and gold flag poles :air: 

I need a Wii U first :saw: 

Sizzily

lol. didn't mean for it to sound angry. it's just that it's messing too much with a classic and that's a big deal to me because I own a lot of Super Mario games and I love them very much. I get your point tho.

I know what you mean. There have been quite a few of these kinds of videos. I saw one where some people were trying to remake Resident Evil 2 and it looked pretty but other than that, it was nothing special. They got shut down though and now Capcom is making a remake of it :wao: 

One Banned Boi

Sizzily

I need a Wii U first :saw: 

There's a huge rumor that Nintendo is going to release a new console next year :saw: 

One Banned Boi

There's a huge rumor that Nintendo is going to release a new console next year :saw: 

That's why I didn't get a Wii U. When it was released I was preparing to get in college and I didn't have time to play videogames so I didn't get one and now it is too late cause Nintendo will probably release a new one next year. Buying one now is waste of money.

Archived