💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Throwback: Who on earth gets rained with nominations like that?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

I can't at the fact that she was given 13 nominations in 2010 and yet Applause and G.U.Y. were both not nominated at all. Applause was a massive hit and the video was great. Why MTV?

I got so surprised when I was reading the nominations for 2010. Gaga and Beyonce dominated that year like no one else had ever before.

Video of the Year:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Lady Gaga - Telephone ft. Beyonce

Best Female Video:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Beyonce - Video Phone ft. Lady Gaga

Best Pop Video:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Dance Music Video:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Collaboration:

Best Direction:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Choreography:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Special Effects:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Art Direction:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Best Editing:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

WTF? People wanna get nominated in a category but she literally gets nominated multiple times, in one same category.

Didymus

Bad Romance and Telephone just smashed so hard, they were credited for breathing new air into the music video medium for the whole industry. Applause.. was great, but it didn't stand out as exceptional I guess.

Admin

Also Applause was released in the summer, even before the 2013 VMAs, so even though it was eligible for the 2014 show, it was already forgotten by then.

Haroon

I didn't know Video Phone was nominated so much, I thought nobody cared about it :duck: I'm kinda surprised to see this to be honest :laughga: 

And yeah she killed it that year with the nominations in loads of awards shows, the TFM era was absolutely perfect in terms of music videos :flutter: I am still surprised that Applause and G.U.Y. weren't nominated for music videos, I definitely think they were at least contenders

ARTPOPdidntflop

I actually thought G.U.Y was better than Applause :emma:

Also the irony considering Telephone is gaga's least favourite song and video :toofunny:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

djBuffoon

I can't at the fact that she was given 13 nominations in 2010 and yet Applause and G.U.Y. were both not nominated at all. Applause was a massive hit and the video was great. Why MTV?

Agreed. But "Applause" wasn't a massive hit and the truth is quality doesn't matter to MTV if the song isn't smashing left and right. Even so, it's as opulent and beautifully assembled as any mv I've seen in recent years. I think it's her best. A lack of nominations doesn't change that.

barcodemonster

i agree applause deserved at least one nomination in choreography but... 2010 was a blessing. I still can't believe that night happened. It was like that time MJ won 8 Grammys in one night but so early in her career 

scan my barcode

Bradley

Also Applause was released in the summer, even before the 2013 VMAs, so even though it was eligible for the 2014 show, it was already forgotten by then.

Makes sense why Roar wasn't nominated but Dark Horse was.

i agree applause deserved at least one nomination in choreography but... 2010 was a blessing. I still can't believe that night happened. It was like that time MJ won 8 Grammys in one night but so early in her career 

I feel so nostalgic of this achievement. She literally was the female Michael Jackson at that time, at least the closest one to him. If Michael Jackson invented music videos, Lady Gaga resuscitated it.

I know people will probably call me, a Gaga fan, biased for saying this, but think, am I not true? I miss those days so much. I wish Gaga can replicate this again someday.

barcodemonster

Makes sense why Roar wasn't nominated but Dark Horse was.

I feel so nostalgic of this achievement. She literally was the female Michael Jackson at that time, at least the closest one to him. If Michael Jackson invented music videos, Lady Gaga resuscitated it.

I know people will probably call me, a Gaga fan, biased for saying this, but think, am I not true? I miss those days so much. I wish Gaga can replicate this again someday.

Gaga to this day is the female MJ. Her accomplishments won't fade with time. Gaga drastically changed pop culture with her videos, fashion, music...sound familiar? Michael did this too 

scan my barcode

I actually thought G.U.Y was better than Applause :emma:

Also the irony considering Telephone is gaga's least favourite song and video :toofunny:

No irony there. MTV nominates MVs in accordance with popular demand not gaga's. 

ARTPOPdidntflop

No irony there. MTV nominates MVs in accordance with popular demand not gaga's. 

Um ok.. :neyde:

it's ironic because she recieved more awards for a song she didn't feel that strongly about, compared to Applause or GUY.

I think it is Irony thank u :nick:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Archived