đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Do What U Want Effect?

Quark

Featured Posts

Yanko

Not a contradiction because back then I was talking about big impact, in this case I am talking about a possible small trend.

​yes its a contradiction

because u  disagreed that dark horse had influence even after i posted hits that had the exact same structure but you still denied it (please no more bs about "minor trends" and "IMPACT!@!2!2" 

i dont even know why im doing this because  it's pointless with you 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shadow

It was probably a trend in music that Gaga was privy to and had a liking to, she usually likes being ahead of the curve, so it could be plausible it was helpful in pushing the trend.  Then again, it is a pretty common sound in R&B and pop.

Silence those demons... . đź–¤

Quark

​yes its a contradiction

because u  disagreed that dark horse had influence even after i posted hits that had the exact same structure but you still denied it (please no more bs about "minor trends" and "IMPACT!@!2!2" 

i dont even know why im doing this because  it's pointless with you 

I disregarded Katy's big impact. And even the structure, only about 2 songs have that DH style. 

Yanko

I disregarded Katy's big impact. And even the structure, only about 2 songs have that DH style. 

​u disregarded her big impact and now you're also disregarding her "little trend"

get on your knees black widow beg for it (thats 3 (so far)) 

Quark

​u disregarded her big impact and now you're also disregarding her "little trend"

get on your knees black widow beg for it (thats 3 (so far)) 

But even if it was a 3 song trend, would you count that as big impact?

Jjang

I don't disagree that it had a trendy structure. What I disagree in, is that she had a big impact like Gaga did with making electronic music as a whole, popular.

Gaga didn't make electronic music mainstream. 

LMH & Style are driven by guitar synthesizers, DWUW is not.

Yanko

But even if it was a 3 song trend, would you count that as big impact?

​i would count it as impact not big

but you dont count that either (for dark horse but of course ull count that for dwuw) :saladga: 

Quark

Gaga didn't make electronic music mainstream. 

LMH & Style are driven by guitar synthesizers, DWUW is not.

Who would know more, you or DJ and electronic artists like Cascada (who have credited Gaga for opening the doors to dance electronic music)? The synthesizer in Style is very similar to the one in DWUW, if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Quark

​i would count it as impact not big

but you dont count that either (for dark horse but of course ull count that for dwuw) :saladga: 

Gaga's big impact does not come from DWUW though. And even DWUW has more songs with similar sound than DH.

DanMonster

Yes! I thought I was the only one that noticed a similar baseline with so many new songs. It's good to hear many others agree!

Yanko

Gaga's big impact does not come from DWUW though. And even DWUW has more songs with similar sound than DH.

​where the **** did is say that her "big impact" comes from dwuw ? 

and ur stil denying dark horses influence and ur still contradicting yourself but have it your way i guess because u never listen and conversation with you is always annoying 

Quark

​where the **** did is say that her "big impact" comes from dwuw ? 

and ur stil denying dark horse influence and ur still contradicting yourself but have it your way i guess because u never listen and conversation with you is always annoying 

I agree to a 3 song mini trend, that is all. And I don't see my contradiction. You are just not understanding what I am saying. Also, I obviously listen to what you are telling me, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

Stephen

Omfg this thread makes my head hurt :rip: 

I noticed this trend in music too and being that my life is so Gaga-centric I immediately thought of DWUW. But jjang was right, if anyone should be credited with starting this trend it should be Drake. Gaga may have helped further it along, sure. But I don't see why this is such a big deal for people to argue about over 4 pages.

And kinda OT but you can't deny the impact of Dark Horse there was like 5 songs that copied that song structure after it blew up. I really dislike Katy Perry but this is a fact lol 

Jjang

Who would know more, you or DJ and electronic artists like Cascada (who have credited Gaga for opening the doors to dance electronic music)? The synthesizer in Style is very similar to the one in DWUW, if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

​Don't pull that BS on me, If you haven't a got better argument than "Because Cascada said so" to back up your statement then don't argue at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

*Madonna's 1998 album Ray of Light, considered EDM by contemporary critics, is credited with bringing the genre into the mainstream.*

Kylie Minogue and Björk deserve an honorable mention as well.

Being a contributor to a genre's revival after a few years of it being non commercially dominant is not the same as bringing it to the mainstream. That's like saying Madonna's Vogue essentially brought house music to the mainstream, which is false.

Archived