đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Edge Of Glory scrapped video concept revealed

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

Kulture Kiari

Look, yeah, it still ticks me off that the mermaid theme was not used in TEOG, especially after hearing the concept from Boomkack and this guy. But you know what? THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON: I'm really glad that the human/mermaid love relationship was used later in You and I instead, because if it weren't for this "creative difference", You and I would of never cast Taylor as her lover in the music video. Which means Taylor and Gaga would of never met, which let's be honest, if it weren't for the Taylor/Gaga relationship, Gaga would of went back with Luc and she would of endured another unhealthy relationship with him, Gaga wouldn't be as happily engaged as she is right now, Gypsy and other songs from ARTPOP would of never been recorded, and it was the confidence that Tony and Taylor gave her that caused her to do a beautiful performance at The Oscars. (I'm probably reaching with The Oscars part, but you get the point.)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko

Look, yeah, it still ticks me off that the mermaid theme was not used in TEOG, especially after hearing the concept from Boomkack and this guy. But you know what? THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON: I'm really glad that the human/mermaid love relationship was used later in You and I instead, because if it weren't for this "creative difference", You and I would of never cast Taylor as her lover in the music video. Which means Taylor and Gaga would of never met, which let's be honest, if it weren't for the Taylor/Gaga relationship, Gaga would of went back with Luc and she would of endured another unhealthy relationship with him, Gaga wouldn't be as happily engaged as she is right now, Gypsy and other songs from ARTPOP would of never been recorded, and it was the confidence that Tony and Taylor gave her that caused her to do a beautiful performance at The Oscars. (I'm probably reaching with The Oscars part, but you get the point.)

​i doubt that she would go back to luc even if she never met taylor and 

"gypsy would of never been recorded," this would be a positive thing :Chica:

but yeah im glad she used it in u and i i love that vid

+she found a love of her life 

Slayer

Someone needs to gif his reaction when he says the original video was epic and the actual one was uuugh. :omfgaga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Ferrer Zorola

f$%&ck the edge of glory I'm never gonna be over Do what u Want

I sat through the whole video thinking how is this RuPaul talk going to lead to TEOG's original plot :neyde: 

LIFE IS GOOD

hughdancy

I wish Joseph Kahn wasn't so strict about his views because it's a pity such an amazing video got cancelled and probably stopped TEOG from going #1 :giveup: 

​Except he's since shown himself to be a horrible person + very immature so I'm glad she didn't work with him tbh. :coffee:

Lady Palutena

All of those saying Gaga must be a pain to work with, it's her career and her music and she'll do with it what she likes, you don't like it? Tough, life is full of stuff you don't like, get over it.

y42cbxf.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Chromichiga

So...it was shot???

hmm....

who leaked some of the DWUW video?? :usrs:

elijahfan

Well.... nothing we didn't already know here.

And guys, can't you get over it already? The video we ended up having was a let down compared to what was being hyped, but it's still not half as bad as what y'all make it out to be. I actually think that visually, it's one of her most beautiful videos.

JoeMo

​Only parts for it, they shot for one day and then Gaga and Joseph cancelled it for artistic disagreements. 

​Was it Joseph she had "artistic differences" with, or Lauriann Gibson? Or both?

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

PartySick

I still like the one we have. The simplicity works well with the song and it's especially nice because it's the last video and song Clarence Clemons featured in/on before he died so it's fitting. When you consider C.C. the video really feels like this metaphor for simplistic living and dying, always searching for that next big thing but really being stuck in a hard place and making the most of it.

Or that could just be me talking out of my a*s again :neyde:

Either way, I'm glad we didn't get an over the top video.

đź–¤

PartySick

All of those saying Gaga must be a pain to work with, it's her career and her music and she'll do with it what she likes, you don't like it? Tough, life is full of stuff you don't like, get over it.

y42cbxf.png

​Exactly! Just like all true artists, if their work isn't expressed in exactly the way they want it's a no-sale.

There is no compromise and there shouldn't be because that would just take away from the original creation (in this case the song).

đź–¤

Hexxx

Laurianne Gibson said there was gonna be soldiers wearing white gloves and holding rifles, while gaga is with her love on a cliff over the ocean.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Dangerous Man

TEOG is literally a SMASH that got away. :fthis:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Hexxx

y42cbxf.png

​to bad that didn't work for Interscope Records when it came to ARTPOP

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived