đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP isn't as successful as it should've been?

BoomMonster

Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?

Featured Posts

I think zedd did pretty good, especially with Aura and G.U.Y. Him and madeon practically saved the album imo

GUY is a dated production and Aura isn't produced by Zedd...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaXCupcakke

People aren't willing to give new things a try.  When I showed ARTPOP to my friends they were immediately turned off by aura.  After listening for 1 minute they didn't want to hear anymore and I got pissed. I think that reflects most of the gp.

eamonster123

GUY is a dated production and Aura isn't produced by Zedd...

the last half was??

tokyodisko

I think she is going back. She'll be Gaga either way- just as she has always been. The "creative rebellion"/anti-label thing is an act to try to combat backlash instead of her apologizing for her "flop". The Artrave is shaping up to look like she wants to get back on top. People don't respect her weird behavior when she isn't on top.

And her whole attitude this past era has been so turbulent. Her attitude was more off-putting than the music, though I still think half of ARTPOP was awful by Gaga standards. She needs that audience, she wants that audience back. 

Due to circumstances in her life/emotions and career I think she was in a bad place for all of this.

She seems more relaxed, so I hope her work isn't as forced as it sometimes appeared to have been this era. 

People need to realize Interscope isn't the bad guy or the problem. 

tokyodisko

People aren't willing to give new things a try.  When I showed ARTPOP to my friends they were immediately turned off by aura.  After listening for 1 minute they didn't want to hear anymore and I got pissed. I think that reflects most of the gp.

I don't know about that. I think Aura was a poor choice for ARTPOP, and one of my least favorites. Definitely not the greatest to open the album with. It sounded like a BTW leftover and not some new crazy s-xy fun sound that I feel like she set out to do for ARTPOP.

The lyrics in the verses were also so... "bad". The chorus is what saves the song, but I think the GP are paying more attention to lyrics now than before. 

I think her lack of direction with the album was the problem. People were open to new things in the beginning of her career and even into BTW, but her image was more concrete and precise.

ARTPOP was all over the place and I think people were kind of turned off.

I don't think that Gaga has to go back to the industry rules and has to obey... I think it's the opposite.

ARTPOP is a mainstream pop album to me, way too much tbh.

The reason for ARTPOP not smashing as hard as anything before is just that the promo is missing,especially in Europe. So many people don't even know about ARTPOP or GUY.

Also Gaga's speeches about the "art in pop and art in everything she does" is just too much for the people, I feel like they're getting annoyed by it.

I agree! Most of ARTPOP was more mainstream than The Fame tbh. She lost the balance she had, but could have still succeeded if her image, marketing, and her preaching were better placed.

Chris90046

Whether she likes it or not, if she wants to continue with big budget videos and tours, she is going to have to adjust to what the GP likes. Besides TF and TFM eras were her best ones. She was hungry for success. She lost that flame.

Gaga should do what makes her happy regardless of the "consequences". 

We've seen what it looks like when someone is a slave to who they work for (Kesha), and it ain't pretty. Gaga should continue being a free spirit and doing whatever the hell she wants. She is, after all, a free b---h. :gaga:

shaneybaby

the troy split and how badly he mismanaged her honestly is what i believe. i think ARTPOP is a really good album with a lot of catchy hit songs 

DeleteMyAccount

If Gaga wants some success she needs to obey some music industry rules.  Otherwise her career will be at the level of ARTPOP, not TFM.  

If Gaga wants some success she needs to obey some music industry rules.  Otherwise her career will be at the level of ARTPOP, not TFM.  

take off your fan goggles please

How did she "defy" industry rules please tell me how she protested

DeleteMyAccount

take off your fan goggles please

How did she "defy" industry rules please tell me how she protested

What are fan goggles?  She out-the-box.  Thinks and acts differently than most pop stars.  That's not a bad thing though.  The point I was making was that she doesn't conform to the formula that music execs want.  Saying "**** you pop music, this is ARTPOP." at SWSX was a huge statement.  You're sort of putting words in my mouth.  I did not say she defied or protested anything or anyone.  My previous statement was in regards to the this threads discussion question in whether or not she should make some generic pop songs to gain back the GP, I'm stating that it wouldn't be that bad of idea to at least make some music that could reach a greater audience.  Not to sell out, but we all want Gaga to succeed.  

Gaga isn't as creative as she wasn't was.

Not saying she cant recapture the magic she once had....but she needs a reset...

GypsyPrince

I think the reason why ARTPOP failed to perform the way it should was because Gaga was in the midst of sorting out her management and creative team.

Because the album got off to a rocky start, naturally the remaining era went downhill. 

It seems that she's in a much better place now with people she can trust and work with, so hopefully the next album era will be better planned and executed. 

Psychedelic

She just  needs to stop bragging about art and being arty... just make good pop music like she always does and then demonstrate the talent and art when she sits on that piano with those outfits, just like in TF era, without all the bragging (aka this era)

GP hate bragging, they want down-to-earth popstars to relate with!

Optimus

No. If she does I probably won't be here for her music anymore, there's already enough main stream generic trash in the charts :miley:

A #1 song does not mean it would be a trash song. All Gaga's #1 hits are one of her best except BTW. And we all know that when Gaga gets a #1 hit the song is amazing and has big impact. Is Just Dance trash? Poker Face? NO! Get over yourself

But to answer the poll question- YES! If she wants to be aroud for longer then she has to make mainstream music. She cant lay on her fans support anymore. Actually 258k first week sales abd 600k album sales in USA is not support tbh. She needs the GP back.

Archived