💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

This is not true about Aang. Except from Azula very few have actually beaten Aang in the series.

Also don;t neccesarily put the team members of the same element against each other,

Ghazan is a very powerful Earthbender but against Toph I don;t think he defeat her (I actually think that no earthbender can defeat her tbh). When it comes to Ming Hua Azula definititely owns her simply cause she is the ideal opponent to defeat her, she is agile, clever, ruthless and bends lighting. When it comes to Zaheer I think that Aang can overwhelm him in aribending and he uses all 4 elements as well. FInally the key to P'Li is the Earthbending of Aang/Toph, Toph's metalbending and Azula.

I think they will own the Red Lotus.

For Aang I ment the main enemies aside from Zuko he was a punching bag or better put it he just doesnt attack as much as he should his fighting style is pretty much " Nope"

Lets not forget Ghazan loves to use a persons earth against them countering them in every step so does Toph but she doesnt have the luxary of counter bending lava like Bolin had the chance

Yes Azula has what it takes to take down P"Li but one of the ways the Red Lotus fights they pretty much set up for her to be safe and she is free destroy which I am sure they will struggle to even get close to them.

and Ghazan can lava bend those metals he melts them keeping P'Li safe from the metal and it took 2 metalbending masters who struggled against her to beat P'Li. It's not an easy call because Red Lotus have the tools to handle what ever that can be thrown at them. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After some thought, my vote is still with the Gaang and Azula. Although the Red Lotus would pose a challenge to them, the Krew defeated them before, so there's no reason why the Gaang can't, especially with the addition of Azula's ruthlessness and cunning. I imagine the battle would go something like this.

Azula vs Ming Hua = Azula wins, via a lightning strike to Ming Hua, turning her constant reliance on water against her

Aang vs P'Li = Aang wins, via Aang reaching P'Li in her usual tactical position and earthbending a projectile at her combustion eye

Katara vs Zaheer = this battle would need to be outside the Ba Sing Se palace, so Katara would have a reliable source of water from the fountain, which she could use to slow Zaheer down via ice. Zaheer would be on the offensive with his airbending, I can imagine Katara being on the defensive for a while, so this battle wouldn't be an instant win - either Azula or Aang could aid Katara though, and then Zaheer could be outmatched.

Toph vs Ghazan = Toph wins. We've already discussed the potential for lavabending to throw Toph off, and I can see Ghazan being quite ruthless in attempting to exploit that, but it occurs to me that Toph's seismic senses can pre-empt a lot of earthbending action, as in the first scenes of the arena. I feel like she would have a chance to earthbend Ghazan to be trapped before he could even make a move. Besides that, we have seen how unstable Ghazan is when he realises that he's in over his head, and although that does make him dangerous (i.e. inciting a whole cave in), Toph can easily protect herself in that situation and remain level-headed.

Not all of them are necessarily up against the same element, which I think ultimately works in Aang, Katara, Toph, and Azula's favour as a team.

VforVendetta

For Aang I ment the main enemies aside from Zuko he was a punching bag or better put it he just doesnt attack as much as he should his fighting style is pretty much " Nope"

Lets not forget Ghazan loves to use a persons earth against them countering them in every step so does Toph but she doesnt have the luxary of counter bending lava like Bolin had the chance

Yes Azula has what it takes to take down P"Li but one of the ways the Red Lotus fights they pretty much set up for her to be safe and she is free destroy which I am sure they will struggle to even get close to them.

and Ghazan can lava bend those metals he melts them keeping P'Li safe from the metal and it took 2 metalbending masters who struggled against her to beat P'Li. It's not an easy call because Red Lotus have the tools to handle what ever that can be thrown at them. 

His figtng style was more defensive than offensive in a way that he was mainly on a passive mode but what Aang did was waiting for the right moment to strike as an original airbender. Of course he would never kill but he doesn;t need to, he is not alone anyway. As for Ghazan don;t forget that lavabending is slow abd even if lava is dangerous I don;''t t hnk that he can compete agains Toph, Tophs seeing through earth excellent seismic sence and her huge skills make her almost undefeatable from earthbenders and most waterbenders (that need to be on earth most of the time). Azula won't struggle to make her plan succeed simply cause she is the ideal leader as seen in many episodes of the series, there will be a plan for her team and then Ming Hua is a rip. As for P'li of course and Ghazan can;t lavabend metal that easily, lavabending is very slow, it needs earth or close impact and is not that precise either, this can't happen. The only fight that the team aavatar may lose is Katara vs Zaheer but with all the other wins it doesn;t matter really, Zaheer will eventually fall. 

His figtng style was more defensive than offensive in a way that he was mainly on a passive mode but what Aang did was waiting for the right moment to strike as an original airbender. Of course he would never kill but he doesn;t need to, he is not alone anyway. As for Ghazan don;t forget that lavabending is slow abd even if lava is dangerous I don;''t t hnk that he can compete agains Toph, Tophs seeing through earth excellent seismic sence and her huge skills make her almost undefeatable from earthbenders and most waterbenders (that need to be on earth most of the time). Azula won't struggle to make her plan succeed simply cause she is the ideal leader as seen in many episodes of the series, there will be a plan for her team and then Ming Hua is a rip. As for P'li of course and Ghazan can;t lavabend metal that easily, lavabending is very slow, it needs earth or close impact and is not that precise either, this can't happen. The only fight that the team aavatar may lose is Katara vs Zaheer but with all the other wins it doesn;t matter really, Zaheer will eventually fall. 

Yea but im talking about as a group fight RedLotus as a group cover eachothers weaknesses and you say Ghazan lava bending is slow but he seems to have a quick fast reaction to use it so I am pretty sure he can just turn any earth thrown at him into lava which we have seen him doing during book 3 yes he doesnt melt metal fast but he can still melt it if he isnt quick enough Zaheer ming and Pi can knock em away. . and they can just keep a strong def position to allow Pi to cause trouble Azula won't struggle? what makes you so sure? remember Zaheer is also a smart when it comes to fighting and planning he is the leader for a reason top it off Azula will need to have probably near perfect coordination with the Gaang to carry out her plans. This is not a 1on1 this ia group on group . Azulas quick strike and fighting style is not that insync with Aangs and even Toph yes she can be patient and wait to strike but im pretty sure she doesn't want to sit and get blown up by Pi so she will do her own thing to try and stop it

The thing is this is a group on group fight and I am pretty sure for what we seen the synergy of Gaang and Azula wont be as good as Red Lotus. I am not really looking at them as a 1v1 but a team vs team who which we seen redlotus they would probably be more coordinated saying red lotus would get own is just seem silly to me.

(still haven't voted though) 

Im trying to be the oppisite of the  argument because it keeps it more interesting :D

VforVendetta

Yea but im talking about as a group fight RedLotus as a group cover eachothers weaknesses and you say Ghazan lava bending is slow but he seems to have a quick fast reaction to use it so I am pretty sure he can just turn any earth thrown at him into lava which we have seen him doing during book 3 yes he doesnt melt metal fast but he can still melt it if he isnt quick enough Zaheer ming and Pi can knock em away. . and they can just keep a strong def position to allow Pi to cause trouble Azula won't struggle? what makes you so sure? remember Zaheer is also a smart when it comes to fighting and planning he is the leader for a reason top it off Azula will need to have probably near perfect coordination with the Gaang to carry out her plans. This is not a 1on1 this ia group on group . Azulas quick strike and fighting style is not that insync with Aangs and even Toph yes she can be patient and wait to strike but im pretty sure she doesn't want to sit and get blown up by Pi so she will do her own thing to try and stop it

The thing is this is a group on group fight and I am pretty sure for what we seen the synergy of Gaang and Azula wont be as good as Red Lotus. I am not really looking at them as a 1v1 but a team vs team who which we seen redlotus they would probably be more coordinated saying red lotus would get own is just seem silly to me.

(still haven't voted though) 

Im trying to be the oppisite of the  argument because it keeps it more interesting :D

All teams have benders of the 4 elements so they can both co-operate very well. The Gaang has the 4 elemets privlige of the avatar as well which will them more as well. And no, metal can melt by lave that quaicky, it's impossible. Also Azula's weakness as a firebender which is her defense dicreases to minimun heere considering that she has a strong classic waterbender and an earthbender that can see through earth on her team, another great advantage. 

It's very close definitely, we will think more about it.

I still believe Gaang will take them.

RAMROD

I am leaning on Avatar team and Azula.

3 amazing women and one master bender.

This gave them an upper hand.

No matter how good Red Lotus can be.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

All teams have benders of the 4 elements so they can both co-operate very well. The Gaang has the 4 elemets privlige of the avatar as well which will them more as well. And no, metal can melt by lave that quaicky, it's impossible. Also Azula's weakness as a firebender which is her defense dicreases to minimun heere considering that she has a strong classic waterbender and an earthbender that can see through earth on her team, another great advantage. 

It's very close definitely, we will think more about it.

I still believe Gaang will take them.

It does melt metel melts to lava and even so remember we gotta used the show as evidence and it shows its the Gaang and Azula vs Red lotus thats the thing yes Azula is a great threat on her own but coordinated in an instant with a group of people who have seen her as an enemy for a long time who they probably dint fight together that much at all only source was from The Search and azula was still mentally unstable there she goes and does her own thing ignoringe everyone else. I find it hard to think the Gaang with Azula who if I got it correct are just ending up fighting the Red Lotus out of the blue with out a plan or conversation or something planned out before hand I find it really difficult to believe they will co-operate that well vs a  group thats been together for years and probably will know what they are thinking as a group (in the Gaangs eyes for Azula they can't really tell what she will do and if she does will the Gaang react quickly enough?) Red Lotus would be more in sync which is what I do believe gives them that small edge.

Sadly I do think some people will just vote for Gaang and Azula simply because they are more loved though .-.

VforVendetta

It does melt metel melts to lava and even so remember we gotta used the show as evidence and it shows its the Gaang and Azula vs Red lotus thats the thing yes Azula is a great threat on her own but coordinated in an instant with a group of people who have seen her as an enemy for a long time who they probably dint fight together that much at all only source was from The Search and azula was still mentally unstable there she goes and does her own thing ignoringe everyone else. I find it hard to think the Gaang with Azula who if I got it correct are just ending up fighting the Red Lotus out of the blue with out a plan or conversation or something planned out before hand I find it really difficult to believe they will co-operate that well vs a  group thats been together for years and probably will know what they are thinking as a group (in the Gaangs eyes for Azula they can't really tell what she will do and if she does will the Gaang react quickly enough?) Red Lotus would be more in sync which is what I do believe gives them that small edge.

Sadly I do think some people will just vote for Gaang and Azula simply because they are more loved though .-.

I think you didn't get it. In the battle the Gaang and Azula are on the same team. Yes out of the blue. We are not in the series now, we compare their overall fighting abilities. The Gaang and Azula would never work together in the show but here what we do is predict the full potential of their collaboration. If we did only figths that alreadfy happened and that can potentially happen this thread would be useless. For this battle you cosnider that they are all in the same team and there is nothing personal between them obviously.

I think you didn't get it. In the battle the Gaang and Azula are on the same team. Yes out of the blue. We are not in the series now, we compare their overall fighting abilities. The Gaang and Azula would never work together in the show but here what we do is predict the full potential of their collaboration. If we did only figths that alreadfy happened and that can potentially happen this thread would be useless. For this battle you cosnider that they are all in the same team and there is nothing personal between them obviously.

Even so I can't just believe out of the blue fight with a group with 1 extra would beat a group who has been together for a longer time who knows eachothers and fought together for a longer time. But I only used that Azula scene as an example on how she could react in the fight. I'm probably thinking more realistic in a sense.

VforVendetta

I can imagine Katara being killed in the first few seconds :dead:

If you haven't voted yet, vote tbh. ( I forgot to make the poll public)

Haroon

I voted for the Red Lotus because I don't think Katara or Aang would last long :emma: And then Toph and Azula can't take on all 4 of them :ohno:

VforVendetta

I voted for the Red Lotus because I don't think Katara or Aang would last long :emma: And then Toph and Azula can't take on all 4 of them :ohno:

I think you are underesrtimating their fighting skills tbh. :emma: If Mako And Bolin survived idk what makes you think that Aang and Katara not only won;t win but will also lose from the beginning. They are much more superior benders that these two. :koons:

Haroon

I think you are underesrtimating their fighting skills tbh. :emma: If Mako And Bolin survived idk what makes you think that Aang and Katara not only won;t win but will also lose from the beginning. They are much more superior benders that these two. :koons:

I honestly have no faith in Katara at all :lmao: I think she's better at being a healer :sweat: Aang I'm not so sure about, yes of course he's great but the Red Lotus are ruthless :laughga:

Archived