Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic"

YUNGVERSACE

Featured Posts

YUNGVERSACE

so i know that Marry The Night is from 2011 and people are gonna be like omg this song is old and we're in the ARTPOPE era move on sis but pls dont bully me Monsters :cryga:

ok so i was just tWerking to five time grammy award winning music legend and fashion icon LADY GODG-A's worldwide, weave snatching smash hit Marry The Night :ARTPOP: but there's the part in the song where she says "skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic" and i never understood it! wtf is Stefani talking about??? ive heard people give so many different explanations and none of them make any sense :laughga: what does "skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic" mean? :blehga:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

It's just some interesting thematic words she's using in the bridge.

The song is "Marry the Night" so I guess wedding bells is related to that.

A lot of lyrics in "Born This Way" are strictly "Gaga-isms". I mean, just think of Heavy Metal Lover. A lot of stuff is inside jokes or figures of speech of Gaga and her friends.

MelbHawker

It means that you need to come to terms with your past (skeletons in your closet if you will) if you want to move on with your life. Instead of viewing your past struggles as 'skeletons'.. marry them (see them as wedding bells), make them a part of you/accept them so they no longer hold you back. 

Pandora

A lot of lyrics in "Born This Way" are strictly "Gaga-isms". I mean, just think of Heavy Metal Lover. A lot of stuff is inside jokes or figures of speech of Gaga and her friends.

This tbh.

newyork-clap-o.gif

It means that you need to come to terms with your past (skeletons in your closet if you will) if you want to move on with your life. Instead of viewing your past struggles as 'skeletons'.. marry them (see them as wedding bells), make them a part of you/accept them so they no longer hold you back. 

Makes sense! Would never have got that by myself

drbumblenut

I thought it was *or* wedding bells...

If you watch the Born This Way video, you'll see in the intro that the circle of skeleton-like machine guns are firing with church bell SFX. And I think the story goes that Gaga was walking down the street and heard church bells ringing, and Marry The Night came to her then. 

Edit: Also, all the stuff people are saying about owning your demons, etc.

Archived