💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

WATCH: Lana Del Rey - West Coast (OFFICIAL VEVO Link)

Minaj

Featured Posts

htrllllsem

That's the funny part, she IS a pop star  :dies:

But I'm glad her branding and marketing campaign inspires you to feel "special" and "alternative"  :hug:

how is she a pop star? how is her song/Albums/sound in any way like a pop star?

Edited by Charles

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fox People

• ReRe

• Staryu

• MonsterOfSpain

Top Posters In This Topic

Addy Ezzie

This song is AMAZING. I didn't expect that. I don't know if Dan Auerbach produced it (he worked on ULTRAVIOLENCE) but it sounds like it.

Lana pleasantly surprised me :)

If the whole album is like that, I'm gonna love it !

FrozenKookie

I like it, it's a nice song. But I gotta be honest, I don't see it being as big as anything from Born to Die. All of those songs had this really strong visual sound to them and even though they are gloomy and cinematic, the melodies were still extremely catchy. This is nice, but it's sort of middle of the road for her in terms of her signature style.

I'm still really excited for the album though, I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface of the good stuff on there. :sweat:

I'm feeling the same :noparty: I'm trying to deny my impression or opinion but oh well like I said hopefully the album will still go hard like her previous records on its own signature.

Tokyo Rose

how is she a pop star? how is her song/Albums/sound in any way like a pop star?

She is a glorified collaborator, the product of a huge team to craft a calculated image, target a specific audience, and make money.

The original marketing campaign to "launch" Lana Del Rey was hilarious to watch. :dies:  Let's just say, it took a lot of work to get this ship afloat.

So yes, she easily meets all terms for being a pop star.

As far as the music, it's a post-Adele world. It's just a matter of supply and demand.

htrllllsem

She is a glorified collaborator, the product of a huge team to craft a calculated image, target a specific audience, and make money.

The original marketing campaign to "launch" Lana Del Rey was hilarious to watch. :dies:  Let's just say, it took a lot of work to get this ship afloat.

So yes, she easily meets all terms for being a pop star.

As far as the music, it's a post-Adele world. It's just a matter of supply and demand.

than you obviously don't know utter **** about her.

If you've listened to her old stuff (you haven't so shut up)

before she was even signed to a label, she had many small Indie EPs released, and was known in the underground community very well. Then after a series of events in her life, she changed. (Cause Gaga has stayed the same the past few years right? maybe she is a product too but whatever)

And by changed, how? She dyed her hair? Wow. The themes in her music from 2007 - Now are not even that different.

And, if that means she would have to change her image to achieve what she was looking for, so be it but don't say she is fabricated, cause that is a big fat lie.

J e s s e

What is with the gif in the audio video :toofunny:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

Tokyo Rose

than you obviously don't know utter **** about her.

If you've listened to her old stuff (you haven't so shut up)

before she was even signed to a label, she had many small Indie EPs released, and was known in the underground community very well. Then after a series of events in her life, she changed. (Cause Gaga has stayed the same the past few years right? maybe she is a product too but whatever)

And by changed, how? She dyed her hair? Wow. The themes in her music from 2007 - Now are not even that different.

And, if that means she would have to change her image to achieve what she was looking for, so be it but don't say she is fabricated, cause that is a big fat lie.

Bringing up Gaga?  :toofunny:  Fail.

You really didn't make any points here, you're just in denial. Have fun  :hug:

P.S. human beings don't have faces that symmetrical.

Edited by Tokyo Rose

htrllllsem

Bringing up Gaga?  :toofunny:  Fail.

You really didn't make any points here, you're just in denial. Have fun  :hug:

Okay, instead of just leaving a pathetic reply, why don't you bring actual points next time.

Nice try tho

Didymus

Oh Didy, is your body ready for ULTRASLAYAGE?! :giveup:

I can honestly say it isn't. Which is why it's gonna be so epic :queenga:

*screams internally*

Stephen

The original marketing campaign to "launch" Lana Del Rey was hilarious to watch. :dies: Let's just say, it took a lot of work to get this ship afloat.

Could you elaborate? :)

htrllllsem

This song is AMAZING. I didn't expect that. I don't know if Dan Auerbach produced it (he worked on ULTRAVIOLENCE) but it sounds like it.

Lana pleasantly surprised me :)

If the whole album is like that, I'm gonna love it !

Rick Nowels

Tokyo Rose

Okay, instead of just leaving a pathetic reply, why don't you bring actual points next time.

Nice try tho

Isn't that exactly what I said to you?  :huh:  

West Coast is very similar to her own Gods And Monsters

I expected something way better... Now it just feels like a new version of gods and monsters

Edited by Arne

• Mills locked this topic