❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎

WATCH: Lana Del Rey - West Coast (OFFICIAL VEVO Link)

Minaj

Featured Posts

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fox People

• ReRe

• Staryu

• Pandora

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellie Goulding

She is a glorified collaborator, the product of a huge team to craft a calculated image, target a specific audience, and make money.

The original marketing campaign to "launch" Lana Del Rey was hilarious to watch. :dies:  Let's just say, it took a lot of work to get this ship afloat.

So yes, she easily meets all terms for being a pop star.

As far as the music, it's a post-Adele world. It's just a matter of supply and demand.

You act like this is somehow different from any other star? Go listen to Red and Blue and then ARTPOP and tell me Gaga isn't a product of a huge team.  :wtf:

Desperado

Does anybody know if it's gonna be available in European iTunes stores anytime soon?

UK tomorrow, idk about WW 

htrllllsem

You act like this is somehow different from any other star? Go listen to Red and Blue and then ARTPOP and tell me Gaga isn't a product of a huge team.   :wtf:

I ****ing know right?? like can he shut the **** up, plus he has absolutely NO VALID points

Desperado

She is a glorified collaborator, the product of a huge team to craft a calculated image, target a specific audience, and make money.

The original marketing campaign to "launch" Lana Del Rey was hilarious to watch. :dies:  Let's just say, it took a lot of work to get this ship afloat.

So yes, she easily meets all terms for being a pop star.

As far as the music, it's a post-Adele world. It's just a matter of supply and demand.

just shut it lol, gaga is not on a different level in that matter lol, and every mainstream artist is "crafted" by a marketing team, so just stop there. 

Edited by joshemonsterxcx

htrllllsem

What does this have to do with anything?

they're like expecting club hits with big beats and ****, like no... this is Lana Del Rey :laughga:

That's the funny part, she IS a pop star  :dies:

But I'm glad her branding and marketing campaign inspires you to feel "special" and "alternative"  :hug:

Her music doesn't comfortably fit into what's considered pop. The original version of Summertime Sadness is something I could not see playing on the radio. Same goes for Body Electric and Gods & Monsters. Mermaid Motel, Kill Kill, etc. If you listen to her actually pop stuff like Go Go Dancer and Behind Closed Doors, you'll notice there's a huge difference between that and her current output. It's popular music in the sense that it's not classical, jazz, or folk, but I wouldn't call what she does pop music much as I wouldn't call F+TM pop music. In addition, I wouldn't call her a pop star. She's not a star, period (no shade intended). If you insist on calling her 'pop', then she's a pop musician or vocalist.

This has nothing to do with her branding, by the way. I don't care much for that in any artist. The music doesn't sound pop (and whether she wrote it herself or it's done by a huge team or not is irrelevant) and that's the qualifying factor. I don't listen to any artists for the purpose of seeming "special" or "alternative," whatever that may be, and assuming people listen to Lana for that shows pretty bad faith in them.

As for the song, it's a grower. I didn't like it at first, but once I heard it with earphones, I started to dig it. I very much like the atmosphere and the tempo change, while abrupt at first, now seems cool. I'm glad she's trying new things, as much as I like the BTD/P sound.

FrozenKookie

that was boring :noparty:

It's a grower. Give it more listens :party:

Edited by FrozenKookie

Pierre

I love/hate it. Her voice sounds weird and the song it's like 2 songs in 1. But the music is great.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

hausofmike

The song is a little let down for me but I'm 100% positive it will grow on me since I know I'm gonna listen to it everyday 

Really excited for this album !!!

Tokyo Rose

You act like this is somehow different from any other star? Go listen to Red and Blue and then ARTPOP and tell me Gaga isn't a product of a huge team.   :wtf:

Maybe you should read what's going on before you try to jump in.  :wtf:

This has nothing to do with Gaga, you're an idiot for even bringing her up  :wtf:  :wtf:

I ****ing know right?? like can he shut the **** up, plus he has absolutely NO VALID points

:dies:  you're the one who said she's "not a pop star" so why would you agree with him? 

Edited by Tokyo Rose

Ellie Goulding

Maybe you should read what's going on before you try to jump in.  :wtf:

:dies:  you're the one who said she's "not a pop star" so why would you agree with him? 

I'm fully up to date, thank you.

• Mills locked this topic