💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Prism Actually Being Marketed Around ARTPOP?

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Yes! Just like Lady Gaga marketed Born This Way around Britney's Femme Fatale!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash

I wouldn't be surprised. Katy said Gaga "keeps her on her toes", so the idea that Katy and her team would be interested in trying to block out Gaga wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

Slade

No, but I did always think the album release was put before ARTPOP on purpose. Remember, her album announcement came out of no where. People had been saying her album would be out in 2014, but them bam. It seemed too convenient for her lead single to come out a week before Gaga and her album only 2 weeks before Gaga.

I think that was planned by her marketing team, not her, but that is the only thing imo. Anything else is just coincidence.

lego

I wouldn't be surprised. Katy said Gaga "keeps her on her toes", so the idea that Katy and her team would be interested in trying to block out Gaga wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

This. They indeed follow what will Gaga do next.

FreePalestine

Things are very suspicious tbh.   But i wouldn't blame Katy, cuz its probably her label, and marketing team who's behind this, if it is true.  Im sure that Katy's album coming 2 weeks before gagz and Roar's release date being stragetically set one week before Applause was no coincidence.  Like c'mon, we heard nothing about a new katy album, all we knew at the time was her album was only half done and would be released in 2014, most likely.  But as soon as gaga announces her single/album, katy does the same  :awkney: But i don't blame them, of course her label is afraid of gagz, she'll be your worst nightmare u b*tches, u'l be sorry u crossed her  :reductive:

Trust me they won't.  People just seem to eat it up  :awkney: no wonder more and more people are becoming diabetics, its katy's fault  :later:

lol my fave line. she will be avenged

tokyodisko

No, and before Applause was officially released, I think Gaga was the one trying to market around Roar with the "leak" and such. It wasn't a coincidence that big things with Gaga happened the same day Katy would announce or release something. Like Gaga was trolling her and had too much confidence in the song. lol 

Whispering

Yep, pretty much. Katy moved her album to the fall after ARTPOP's date was announced. Then, announced Roar one week before Applause, when it was announced.

I think Troy was big on announcing dates way ahead of time and building things up and hype. He didn't get that it was all backfiring and had been since the BTW era. Probably just another reason to fire his ass! :teehee:

Also, singles normally aren't sent to radio when another single is setting at #2. It's highly unusual. ;)

holy scheisse

Yes. it seems odd. the proximity of which these announcements are made is odd. people who say "no..." are full of it.

Well Gaga also loves to announce things and release things when other artists are doing the same, so... :lolgaga:

Tommy Monster

I´ve been thinking about this and I came to conclusion that Katy does it on purpose... I don´t believe a word she says about not competing with her, because it just could not be more obvious... :smh:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, both Prism and Roar were announced after ARTPOP and Applause and set to be released before them... :ohwell:

497319835.gif?1326737536

I can't at people talking about Katy releasing Uncle the day after DWUW, but ignoring the fact that DWUW came out the day before Katy's album release.

Archived