💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Prism Actually Being Marketed Around ARTPOP?

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

PigInsideAHuman

It's kind of been a joke that Katy was releasing singles around the same time as Gaga. But after I did my research, I found it quite interesting the relation of Katy's singles and Gaga's. Shall we take a deeper look?

First single:

Everyone already knows that Roar and Applause were released at the same exact time, Roar being announced just a week after Gaga's Applause release date.

Second single:

Do What U Want was first heard in a Best Buy commercial on October 15th on TV. The video was online, however, three days before that on October 12, hinting at a possible second single. When Gaga announced Do What U Want would be released as the second single on October 21, guess when Katy decided to release her second single, Unconditonally? ....the next day

Third single/Gaga Mini-Black Out

Dark Horse was actually chosen as the third single due to its success by itself. It had reached number four on the digital downloads chart by itself which led the label to choosing it. Gaga didn't have a single out, at all during this time so it didn't effect Katy's single choices either way.

Katy's Fourth Single/ Gaga's Third Single

It's funny because Dark Horse had just crept to the number one spot last month, and stayed there. While the song Roar was succesful, Katy's team let this single play out from August to October. Dark Horse....not so much....the minute rumors of a new Gaga epic video was coming, rumors started circulating of a fourth prism single. Dark Horse was given dust after just being a number one two weeks before. When Gaga released the G.U.Y. video and a radio release date, the next day Katy Perry's team releases a lyric video for her upcoming single "Birthday".

....ok....now.....does this seem a little odd to anyone?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robotboy

obviously. madonna used her for her tour. its very clever.

since uhmm.. all you monsters can talk about is katy and madonna :laughga:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

GagaMyBlood95

Yes, it does...

I mean, it's just not something you would do normally, when you have a song that's still TOP 5 and slaying on the radio - all of a sudden you want to release the next single? What?!

But we can't do nothing about it so...

Elizabeth

I don't think there much in this tbh.

There's possibly the whole thing about labels competing and putting artists up against one another but I don't think it's anything specific to Gaga or Katy, I'm sure it gets done all the time and no one cares or even really notices. 

AmenTheNight

Well, since their albums were released around the same time (End of october/middle of November) of course the release dates of the singles would be similar for their respective eras.

BornSimon

Yes, in a way. Her team definitely waited for Gaga to announce the release date of Applause and ARTPOP to announce theirs. It was so obvious.

I dunno...

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Well, since their albums were released around the same time (End of october/middle of November) of course the release dates of the singles would be similar for their respective eras.

That's not true, dark horse (3rd single) is still going strong and they've released Birthday (4th) during GUY (3rd). Releasing birthday doesn't make sense.

Tokyo Rose

As far as the whole era, not really.

But with Roar/Applause, that was some BS.

Gaga announced Applause + ARTPOP release date, and then out of the blue Katy starts her campaign with her stupid gold semi truck and everything. So stupid. 

Blank Space

Yes, it does...

I mean, it's just not something you would do normally, when you have a song that's still TOP 5 and slaying on the radio - all of a sudden you want to release the next single? What?!

But we can't do nothing about it so...

This. :tea: 

Archived