Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

The Genius Behind Applause (worth reading)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

iamsean

Also there is a speed illusion that is very intriguing

This was the first thing I noticed about the song, I love it!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Affinity4PoP

I also agree with this! It's a perfect way to end the show. It invites the audience to think and it declares an invitation for criticism.

VforVendetta

I hope more people will spend some time reading it.:( Everyone avoids threads that they have to think. They do the same with their music choices I'm afraid. :smh:. Anyway.

Better Day

The song is amazing end of/ 

I will never know how it almost didn't make ARTPOP

Together You And I!

VforVendetta

The song is amazing end of/

I will never know how it didn't make ARTPOP

But it did make ARTPOP.

VforVendetta

I forgot the almost.

I don't believe that a song that almost didn't make the cut became the first single. There was probably another eason gaga hadn't added it to the album or she said that just to hype the album back then. :yes:

Better Day

I don't believe that a song that almost didn't make the cut became the first single. There was probably another eason gaga hadn't added it to the album or she said that just to hype the album back then. :yes:

I have heard Applause almost didn't make the album but if it's true i do not know  :emo:

Together You And I!

Monster17

I think applause is better than bad romance and poker face imo. It has a great replay value. I think i listened to it a thousand times.

Essence

What speed ilusion? :awkney:
no need to awkney me just because you don't know what you're talking about :awkney:

The quarter notes in applause create a speed illusion depending on the tempo of the songs you listen to around it. Because the beat is very jerky it will either sound super slow or super fast. It's a technique that is usually used in more alternative electronic music but Gaga brought it to pop. Also the non structured best right before the chorus can also give the illusion that the chorus increases and speed and raises volume :yes:

samuelx

Also there is a speed illusion that is very intriguing

what exactly is that? 

Oh nevermind :emma: 

degenerate

YES I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Paparazzi. The music really speaks for the song just as much as the lyrics.

Archived