💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Genius Behind Applause (worth reading)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

degenerate

I think applause is better than bad romance and poker face imo. It has a great replay value. I think i listened to it a thousand times.

I agree.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mcphee

I've always felt the song captures the adrenalin of seeing a live show very well

The final verse has me on edge EVERY time  

iAstroLeo

no need to awkney me just because you don't know what you're talking about :awkney:

The quarter notes in applause create a speed illusion depending on the tempo of the songs you listen to around it. Because the beat is very jerky it will either sound super slow or super fast. It's a technique that is usually used in more alternative electronic music but Gaga brought it to pop. Also the non structured best right before the chorus can also give the illusion that the chorus increases and speed and raises volume :yes:

I never noticed that :omg: Thank you for clearing that up :)

Yup! Agree 100%

1742 plays on my iTunes and it has yet to get old :legend:

My absolute favorite single of hers

VforVendetta

Applause

Paparazzi

Same effect. I agree.

I agree,perfect example.

Hey everyone.

Is it true that Applause was written by Gaga and seven other people?

Who were her songwriting collaborators on Applause?

Tropico

I hope more people will spend some time reading it.:( Everyone avoids threads that they have to think. They do the same with their music choices I'm afraid. :smh:. Anyway.

This is sadly so true. Most threads which insult Gaga and her work make it on the 1st page for the whole week. Ones where it requires thought and applaudes (pun intended :giggle: ) Gagag don't seem to be as read!

I completely agree and I do hear applause as like the finale to a huge performance and the instrumental it's self gives of the feeling of clapping and applause. I also kinda get that thrill feeling from Applause with it being so fast it just makes you feel like the performance is huge. The finale you're talking about I totally agree with! Very insiteful :applause:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

VforVendetta

This is sadly so true. Most threads which insult Gaga and her work make it on the 1st page for the whole week. Ones where it requires thought and applaudes (pun intended :giggle: ) Gagag don't seem to be as read!

I completely agree and I do hear applause as like the finale to a huge performance and the instrumental it's self gives of the feeling of clapping and applause. I also kinda get that thrill feeling from Applause with it being so fast it just makes you feel like the performance is huge. The finale you're talking about I totally agree with! Very insiteful :applause:

:hug:

VforVendetta

The irony of spelling genius wrong. :derpga:

I didn't even notice. :rip:

judaslover
I think applause is better than bad romance and poker face imo. It has a great replay value. I think i listened to it a thousand times.
I agree also.

Archived