💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

If "The GP" isn't here for Gaga....

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

are you?   Gaga just needs a strong fan base, she doesn't need "all the GP".  She needs YOU to buy ARTPOP and not download it.  She needs YOU to support her singles.  She needs YOU to see her on tour.  She needs YOU to buy merch.  She needs YOU making radio requests. Even if you don't particularly like ARTPOP, she needs fan support.  Is $15 that much to pay over a 2 year period when you spend every day on GGD talking about her?  For that matter, is $15 too much to pay for any artist than you like?   Quit torrenting, support artists.

Record sales are going downhill for everybody.  Katy, the goddess to all those who worship "The GP", didn't set the world on fire with Prism with what some of you consider "good" sales.   So even if Gaga directly pandered to the GP, there is no guarantee that Gaga's sales would be better, AT ALL.

This is the point that myself and others have continually stressed.  "The GP" is fickle.  If you spend your effort attempting to woo them, there is no guarantee it will be successful.   ARTPOP sales are on a par with PRISM and UNAPOLOGETIC, two albums by very popular pop singers and producers du jour who push no boudaries with the GP at all.  

By that measure, it's pretty amazing that Gaga's eclectic and diverse ARTPOP even matches up with them.  Its thanks to FANS that it does. FANS, not THE GP.  It's better for Gaga to to be the different one, the one pushing boundaries, trying new things.  Sometimes she'll hit with the "GP", other times not as much.   But trying to surf the wave of popularity is no guarantee of success and is counter to what Gaga's role in pop should be, which is the role of independent pop artist, not a team produced pop robot.  There are plenty of those to go around, we don't need extras.

Listen, I'm sorry if you are one of the ones waiting for a return of "The Fame."  I get that you are frustrated.  But if you've been doing nothing but complaining about Gaga's direction for 4 years then at this point you are part of that "GP' and you should probably just quit following Gaga until she gets around ( if she gets around) to releasing something you like again.  It's not healthy for you to dwell on negatives all the time, you might as well go stan for other artists you enjoy now.  Gaga can never be everything to everybody at all times, she can only be herself.

Quit griping about the GP.  We are the GP that matters for Gaga.  Support her. Support ARTPOP

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What nobody seems to understand is that most album sales and ticket sales and single sales come from the GP not Gaga's fans.

No we need the GP :awkney:

Most people here have bought ARTPOP. I'm not gonna buy it again every single week for the charts. And yes the GP is everything. Many casual fans or even non fans go to her concerts. The 700k (excluding amazon) BTW first week sales were not just by fans and I'm pretty sure the ARTPOP first week sales too. Songs can't go #1 just because of a fanbase.

Golden Gangsta

There's not enough of us to support Gaga completely, so we need the GP to turn into one of us and love her again.

giskardsb

ok, so don't bother reading the OP, just reply based simply on the title.

Do you think Lorde set out thinking she was trying to get radio success and the accolades of the general public?  Is that why she wrote her music?

Pandering to the GP is no guarantee of success. 

But even now like 95% of gagas sales are coming from the GP

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Tove Lo

Omg everyone in this thread besides the OP is pissing me off

Same

hop on that **** like a maniac

Archived