Believe

Believe Acoustic

Journals

Just saying  :smh:

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chris777

Katy Perry: She rewrites Mainstream Top 40 chart history, as "Birthday" bumps 11-10 to become her 12th consecutive top 10 on the tally. As she extends her streak, she bests two artists who each previously sent 11 straight entries into the top 10: Mariah Carey (from the chart's 1993 inception through 1997) and Bruno Mars (2010-13). With 15 total top 10s, Perry ties Britney Spears for sixth-place among acts with the most such hits. Rihanna leads with 24, followed by Carey, P!nk, Justin Timberlake (17 each) and Usher (16). On the Hot 100, "Birthday" rebounds 22-19 after reaching No. 17.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/chart-alert/6128699/chart-moves-katy-perry-sets-mainstream-top-40-record-michael

Interesting  :applause:

chris777

And it's not even Top 40 on iTunes. The payola/ bias is so obvious that it's disgusting.

disgusting? not to me.

quite unfair? more like that

TEANUS

disgusting? not to me.

quite unfair? more like that

Um, it's disgusting that money dominates the music charts right now :roll: I'd like to see how much success Katy or anyone else who does the same would have without payola :crossed:

3 more singles and she'll likely be at the second spot of having most Pop #10s. Her reign as Mainstream Top 40's payola girl seems far from over.  :applause:

Can't agree more :golfclap:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Um, it's disgusting that money dominates the music charts right now :roll: I'd like to see how much success Katy or anyone else who does the same would have without payola :crossed:

Can't agree more :golfclap:

I honestly still believe that favouritism isn't driven by payola. For new acts trying to catch a break? Most likely. But a pop star who has kept producing top 10 hits since their debut? It's hard to understand. 

TEANUS

I honestly still believe that favouritism isn't driven by payola. For new acts trying to catch a break? Most likely. But a pop star who has kept producing top 10 hits since their debut? It's hard to understand.

Well, c'mon when a song is out of the top 40 on iTunes and the radio still w*ores the h*ll out of it, somethings not right. They're biased or paid by Capaytol, or both

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Well, c'mon when a song is out of the top 40 on iTunes and the radio still w*ores the h*ll out of it, somethings not right. They're biased or paid by Capaytol, or both

Aside from being biased, everything's nothing but pure speculations. And this isn't the first time a treatment like this has happened. Maroon 5, Timberlake, and the rest of the radio favourites have also benefited to this "special" treatment. Besides, it isn't like Birthday hit #1. It just entered the top 10. 

Computer

I still believe Sexxx Dreams is a potential smash :rip:

I do too. Is it in the iTunes chart at all? Can we track it?
💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Jjang

I do too. Is it in the iTunes chart at all? Can we track it?

*I'm not tracking it, its most likely out of the top 1,500.

Robotboy

hopefully sam smith replaces katy as capitols new puppet the coming years :reductive:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

artpopmess

hopefully sam smith replaces katy as capitols new puppet the coming years :reductive:

Hopefully cause I cant see Katy snatching Mariah's records anymore

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Dangerous Man

Katy :deadbanana:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived