Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Prism overall outsold ARTPOP and is still outselling it. The disparity might be 2m by the end of everything

In addition, Roar was a global smash as well, as was Dark Horse

Unconditionally flopped globally

Applause was a moderate smash in the USA but was a hit globally

DWUW flopped

What else do we have?

Sadly it's still going

The Grammy's solidified that

Aka the only thing that saved DIL

You didn't get it really. This is what I am saying. ARTPOP Era had only one hit and a moderate hit without a video. The Prism Era had 2 digital smashes that will approach 10M WW, radio smashes and streaming smashes + w moderate hits with a lot of airplay. Katy's singles success and radio support is unreal. Still her album has only sold 1M more than ARTPOP, which flopped. This is NOT an album artist, simply as that and the sales talk for themselves.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani328

DWUW was on its way to be bigger than Applause (at least WW). bad timing for such amazing single/song

Such a waste  :cry:

VforVendetta

4M can't be considered bad in any case :awkney: unless she was doing TF+TFM kind of slayage, then 4M would be bad. 2 smashes and 4M sales is completely normal :dies:

I don't think it is. We are not talking about hits jere, we are talking about 2 10M WW smahes with 420M AI and 700M views on YT alone and the era had also 2 moderate hits that will definitely approach 200M AI combined, 3M sales WW and 200M views + a huge WW campaign. These are huge numbers. 4M is ridiculous in front of them.

absynthetic

Rihanna had Stay was slaying at this time though, Beyonce though.......50. Partition and 200 something. Pretty Hurts so.....

Because of her poor marketing :awkney:

Casuals and hardcore fans bought the album already

Who else is going to buy the singles?

She put 2 out at the same time to see what would take off. Gaga should have done that.

She didn't bother to promote Partition.

And Rihanna usually is at this point too with her albums so I don't get why you are defending Rih.

Rihanna generally takes more time on her leads though, way longer

Which is why she's racked up more weeks than Beyonce

You didn't get it really. This is what I am saying. ARTPOP Era had only one hit and a moderate hit without a video. The Prism Era had 2 digital smashes that will approach 10M WW, radio smashes and streaming smashes + w moderate hits with a lot of airplay. Katy's singles success and radio support is unreal. Still her album has only sold 1M more than ARTPOP, which flopped. This is NOT an album artist, simply as that and the sales talk for themselves.

And Gaga is an album artist this era?

Where do her digital receipts stand right now compared to her album sales?

Probably a better radio since she sold much less. 

What the **** is this :giveup: an email from Capitol called 'katy?' with Birthday promo :deadbanana:

24wx7xi.png

The exposed payola

:fan:

VforVendetta

Because of her poor marketing :awkney:

Casuals and hardcore fans bought the album already

Who else is going to buy the singles?

Rihanna generally takes more time on her leads though, way longer

Which is why she's racked up more weeks than Beyonce

And Gaga is an album artist this era?

Where do her digital receipts stand right now compared to her album sales?

Probably a better radio since she sold much less.

Gaga's sales even now that she is flopping have a great ratio of singles-album sales, like she always had. Also stop bringing Gaga, I am talking you about Katy and it has nothing to do with Gaga.

I don't think it is. We are not talking about hits jere, we are talking about 2 10M WW smahes with 420M AI and 700M views on YT alone and the era had also 2 moderate hits that will definitely approach 200M AI combined, 3M sales WW and 200M views + a huge WW campaign. These are huge numbers. 4M is ridiculous in front of them.

The average ratio for Gaga is 1:5, but for Katy it's like 1:7 album: single sales because she's not big in Japan or 'smaller' countries.. :shrug:

OBEY

What the **** is this :giveup: an email from Capitol called 'katy?' with Birthday promo :deadbanana:

when will interscope tbh :gum:

OBEY

What?! They do :toofunny: it's so annoying getting them

they do for real?

yassssss slé amazin recor labels :derpga:

absynthetic

The average ratio for Gaga is 1:5, but for Katy it's like 1:7 album: single sales because she's not big in Japan or 'smaller' countries.. :shrug:

Luc I got one too :deadbanana:

chris777

1. Ariana Grande - Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea) 1.0000 
2. Pharrell Williams - Happy (From "Despicable Me 2") 0.2542

:rip:

VforVendetta

Gaga's album ratio is 1:3 to 1:4 for BTW and 1:3 for ARTPOP. Its a huge difference with Katy's ratio.

Whispering

Beyonce is on single #4 and the year is only 1/3 of the way finished

Please, proceed 

To Pop radio, they are about to release single # 3. It hasn't been officially sent to radio stations as the single yet and it has no add date.

She is averaging a single sent to Pop radio every two to three months.

With all the Urban and Rhythmic support Beyonce is getting, her album is continuing to sell and her solo tour grossed over $2 million. She's about to go on ANOTHER tour, this time a stadium one. If Beyonce wanted to, she could start up a new leg of her tour this fall to further support her current album.

I also suspect she will have a wheelbarrow full of awards, come Grammy time! ;)

Archived