Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

Pure Adrenaline

323 Katy Perry - Birthday 

This deserves to flop 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

even if it does which I'highly doubt will happen it will probably be because International Smile will outshine it

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there was this song playing on the radio. I thought what kind of generic Katy Perry mess like song, the singer even sounds like her. Then it ended and the presenter said: that was Katy Perry with Birthday.

:messga:

new releases and discount songs above it :creepflop:

and no, Birthday deserves to slay :coffee:

Rarely does such generic music deserve to smash :coffee:

Are we back to the Katy talk today or are we still on Lana?

TylerMedeiros

Lady Gaga and her team do not use payola. They do not pay to have her songs played on radio, thus why it's so hard for her to get a radio hit lately. I have a friend over at KIIS Boston. Katy pays for them to play her music. Gaga does not. This won't kill her career. And if it does, you know our fav don't care. She's already accomplished so much. She's a powerful woman who doesn't care about the bull

YEET

Snowyrain

Rarely does such generic music deserve to smash :coffee:

Are we back to the Katy talk today or are we still on Lana?

Both of em 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

Dean Winchester

Lady Gaga and her team do not use payola. They do not pay to have her songs played on radio, thus why it's so hard for her to get a radio hit lately. I have a friend over at KIIS Boston. Katy pays for them to play her music. Gaga does not. This won't kill her career. And if it does, you know our fav don't care. She's already accomplished so much. She's a powerful woman who doesn't care about the bull

does gaga really have a say in whether or not Interscope uses payola to make radios play a song that they hold rights to? Wasn't there payola for Applause in its 2nd week or 3rd week?  :huh:

monketsharona

323 Katy Perry - Birthday 

This deserves to flop 

Hum no... I won't say I hope Katy (or anyone else) is going to flop just because Lady Gaga is not able to add one huge hit to her discography since 2011...

Katy deserves her success with Prism and the singles from her album. Her promo is flawless. Lady gaga has a lot to learn from Katy's promo this era. I wish Katy all the best, if Birthday is her next #1, I'm glad for her, she deserves it. 

inb4 you get replies saying that capitol doesn't use payola and they play her because everyone loves her songs. The truth is there are many radio friendly songs from generic artists. They play Katy for a reason. I am a believer in Capaytol's payola. I'm ready for your stones :ohwell:

Hum no... I won't say I hope Katy (or anyone else) is going to flop just because Lady Gaga is not able to add one huge hit to her discography since 2011...

Katy deserves her success with Prism and the singles from her album. Her promo is flawless. Lady gaga has a lot to learn from Katy's promo this era. I wish Katy all the best, if Birthday is her next #1, I'm glad for her, she deserves it.

So having flawless promo means you deserve success and not the music itself? :awkney:

Prism, that uninspired drivel, deserves ziltch.

#SorryNotSorry :ohwell:

Snowyrain

So now the important thing is not music ? She deserves it because of her promo ? That's your excuse to satisfy yourself ? 

How pity. An ARTPOP-radio sized mess 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

Antichrist

So now the important thing is not music ? She deserves it because of her promo ? That's your excuse to satisfy yourself ? 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

:tea:

Morphine Prince

Well she needs to start paying lol.

monketsharona

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

I'm just tired of all those Monsters who are bringing down other successful artists just because Lady Gaga is not slaying the charts... I still remember people bashing the talented Adele just because she was successful with 21...

I'm pretty sure a lot of those Monsters wouldn't care about Katy's position in charts if the Gaga would be #1...

I bet if Madonna becomes #1 with her next album a lot Monsters are going to bash her even if she has a very good album, just because of the 'Gaga vs. Madonna'... Here that's not a question of music just jealousy and hate.

Gaga is not stanning for hate against other artists. I am not. You can report me, I don't care. I'm just expressing my opinion about respecting other artists and what their fans (and the GP) like... 

Snowyrain

I'm just tired

Yeah me too but that doesn't change my opinion

That song is the most generic song that I've ever heard and I still hope that it flops

And I hope Katy comes back with better songs 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

Archived