Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

That's why I said just release it on radio, if it does really well than sure promo it at least once, if it doesn't so be it.

At least promote it in Australia a lot :deadbanana: it could easily push the album to Platinum or 100k+ sales there (now about 35k sales) and push ticket sales enough for 5-6 extra dates.

Imagine, they make a radio edit for Gypsy and release that :flutter: make it a little bit less overproduced, add a saxophone, make the vocals smoother and more pleasant to the ears. Radio (and the GP) would immediately jump on it.

Actually the most important piece of the puzzle is the ACT II. The second ACT has some + that can change everything. Let me explain:

- The second ACT is an EP, which means that it will be cheaper.

- The second ACT will be small which means that it is easier for the public to "consume" it and appreciate + its easier to get good reviews from critics.

- It can be sold together with the first ACT like TF/TFM

- If the second ACT does well then the whole era will become a success, for example: lets say that the second act becomes a commercial success and considering that its cheap it sells 4M WW (which is not a huge number but its good enough). The first ACT considering that Gypsy will be released as well will reach 3M WW with the help of the second act. Then lets say that they sell 1M copies together. Then the whole project will sell 8M+. Not bad, huh?

But releasing a re-release when the first part failed is like milking a dead era :deadbanana: imo she needs a lot of momentum for the second part to do well, which she doesn't have..

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the most important piece of the puzzle is the ACT II. The second ACT has some + that can change everything. Let me explain:

- The second ACT is an EP, which means that it will be cheaper.

- The second ACT will be small which means that it is easier for the public to "consume" it and appreciate + its easier to get good reviews from critics.

- It can be sold together with the first ACT like TF/TFM

- If the second ACT does well then the whole era will become a success, for example: lets say that the second act becomes a commercial success and considering that its cheap it sells 4M WW (which is not a huge number but its good enough). The first ACT considering that Gypsy will be released as well will reach 3M WW with the help of the second act. Then lets say that they sell 1M copies together. Then the whole project will sell 8M+. Not bad, huh?

I agree with what Luc said and that's why I said releasing Gypsy and having a smash before ACTII is paramount to ensure success. The momentum needed for ACTII release can come from Gypsy.

VforVendetta

At least promote it in Australia a lot :deadbanana: it could easily push the album to Platinum or 100k+ sales there (now about 35k sales) and push ticket sales enough for 5-6 extra dates.

Imagine, they make a radio edit for Gypsy and release that :flutter: make it a little bit less overproduced, add a saxophone, make the vocals smoother and more pleasant to the ears. Radio (and the GP) would immediately jump on it.

But releasing a re-release when the first part failed is like milking a dead era :deadbanana: imo she needs a lot of momentum for the second part to do well, which she doesn't have..

No, not a re-release. An EP that will be independent from the first ACT but at the same time bound to it when it comes to sales, like TF/TFM. Probably one of the smartest moves in Gaga's career. (also I added some stuff in the end of my previous post).

That's why I said just release it on radio, if it does really well than sure promo it at least once, if it doesn't so be it.

I don't think radio will even give it a try. It needs a Chandelier-like push by an emotional performance. Ellen performances rarely give a song a good push, but look at what happened to Chandelier! If something that small was capable of making a song go from Top 400 to Top 40, I think a big performance could make a song like that go from Top 400 to Top 5.

But sadly, there's not many promo spots left. And it's a bit of a waste, because her tour is already very close to sold out in the US. She should instead promote it overseas. South Korea, Australia, Germany, Japan. 

A big difference between promo in the US and in other countries is that TV ratings are relatively higher overseas. Whereas a popular TV show gets 15M views in the US (1/20 of the population), a popular TV show gets 3M views in my country (1/5 of the population). That makes the promotion much more effective.

VforVendetta

I agree with what Luc said and that's why I said releasing Gypsy and having a smash before ACTII is paramount to ensure success. The momentum needed for ACTII release can come from Gypsy.

Yes I agree, I added more in my post. I just posted it before ending it by mistake because I'm writing from mobile. :emma:

OMG.

Imagine: Gaga releases C2C this August, wins a GRAMMY in January 2015 and the Space peformance gets rave reviews.

She could use that momentum for a lead single Act II release in January-February 2015, and could possibly perform it at the GRAMMYs. Because she's won a GRAMMY, she'll get positive media attention and momentum/hype surrounding her name and reserrect the dead era :giveup:

monketsharona

J&D has more chance becoming as a single than RedOne producing a song for her next album, knowing Gaga and her ego.  :later:

Her ego makes her become a flop. I don't see why working with redOne is a bad thing for her. Her best works has been done with him...

He's not responsible of her success, she owns it to herself. But she works *****ng good with him (better than anybody else !)

Her next album needs to be as huge as TFM or BTW...

Her ego makes her become a flop. I don't see why working with redOne is a bad thing for her. Her best works has been done with him...

He's not responsible of her success, she owns it to herself. But she works *****ng good with him (better than anybody else !)

Her next album needs to be as huge as TFM or BTW...

A year ago, RedOne said that the magic wasn't really there. I think they tried it, but that the song simply weren't as good...

VforVendetta

OMG.

Imagine: Gaga releases C2C this August, wins a GRAMMY in January 2015 and the Space peformance gets rave reviews.

She could use that momentum for a lead single Act II release in January-February 2015, and could possibly perform it at the GRAMMYs. Because she's won a GRAMMY, she'll get positive media attention and momentum/hype surrounding her name and resserect the dead era :giveup:

This is what I've been saying the whole time. :awkney: This thought doesn't belong in the science fiction. It CAN happen.

Yes I agree, I added more in my post. I just posted it before ending it by mistake because I'm writing from mobile. :emma:

Oh I see :emma: we agree then :hug:

I don't think radio will even give it a try. It needs a Chandelier-like push by an emotional performance. Ellen performances rarely give a song a good push, but look at what happened to Chandelier! If something that small was capable of making a song go from Top 400 to Top 40, I think a big performance could make a song like that go from Top 400 to Top 5.

But sadly, there's not many promo spots left. And it's a bit of a waste, because her tour is already very close to sold out in the US. She should instead promote it overseas. South Korea, Australia, Germany, Japan. 

A big difference between promo in the US and in other countries is that TV ratings are relatively higher overseas. Whereas a popular TV show gets 15M views in the US (1/20 of the population), a popular TV show gets 3M views in my country (1/5 of the population). That makes the promotion much more effective.

Gypsy is extremely radio friendly unlike the harsh sounding GUY which reminds a lot of Judas (ignoring the controversy its production was very harsh for casual listeners). They will definitely give it a chance.

OMG.

She could use that momentum for a lead single Act II release in January-February 2015, and could possibly perform it at the GRAMMYs. Because she's won a GRAMMY, she'll get positive media attention and momentum/hype surrounding her name and reserrect the dead era :giveup:

The media perhaps...the general public needs a hit for ACTII to have momentum (with Gypsy). Winning a Grammy for a jazz album they never heard of won't make them want to buy ACTII.

This is what I've been saying the whole time. :awkney: This thought doesn't belong in the science fiction. It CAN happen.

I said it better :queenga:

but knowing Interscope and Gagas team they'll surprise release a la Beyonce and it'll fail resulting in horrible reviews, people laughing at her and a dead career :laughga:

but knowing Interscope and Gagas team they'll surprise release a la Beyonce and it'll fail resulting in horrible reviews, people laughing at her and a dead career :laughga:

This seems plausible :emma: but Gaga can't keep her mouth shut about her work. We'll definitely know before but she'll still be accused of hyping it :emma:

Oh I see :emma: we agree then :hug:

Gypsy is extremely radio friendly unlike the harsh sounding GUY which reminds a lot of Judas (ignoring the controversy its production was very harsh for casual listeners). They will definitely give it a chance.

The media perhaps...the general public needs a hit for ACTII to have momentum (with Gypsy). Winning a Grammy for a jazz album they never heard of won't make them want to buy ACTII.

Media is capable of hyping the public, and the GRAMMYs are capable of hyping media and critics :party:

Gypsy is radio friendly, true. But a few elements could be changed to make it fit better on current pop radio :yes: a saxophone, less overproduced, clearer (and more acoustic) vocals

Pure Adrenaline

omg if Gypsy was chosen for Fifa Song :cry: look at the new Shakira song 20m views in 3 DAYS ...... the last 30 seconds of Gypsy are the perfect spot for football commercial. actually releasing it as 4th single and making football commercial would make Gypsy really big around the world and US hopefully

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Media is capable of hyping the public, and the GRAMMYs are capable of hyping media and critics :party:

Gypsy is radio friendly, true. But a few elements could be changed to make it fit better on current pop radio :yes: a saxophone, less overproduced, clearer (and more acoustic) vocals

I don't know if a saxophone would fit with the folk sound :emma: I'd suggest including the catchy I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm even after the first chorus. Just to get it in people's heads.

That's true about the media being able to hype the public :giveup: after all they did make her seem like a flop when she really wasn't.

What the media and the public love more than brining down a star is a good comeback story :legend: I hope this happens soon for Gaga.

Archived