Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

RedOne hasn't produced a solid smash since Nicki Minaj's Starships two years ago. And I haven't really liked any of his latest works since then. If we're here to take chance (and risks) in pursuit of giving Gaga yet another smash hit, I'd rather have her work with the producers whom she has never worked with before such as Stargate, Benny Blanco, Calvin Harris, or even Max Martin. 3 of them are constant hit-makers, while the other one's a personal favourite of mine who gave Rihanna her biggest hit to date.

Oh, i mean RedOne and anyOne that can give her fourth #1.. :whitney:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

My hopes for ARTPOP by the end of the tour (assuming it ends on November 24 in France)

U.S - 800k

Canada - 160k
U.K - 300K
Japan - 250k
France - 100k
Germany - 100k
Australia - ~50k

Total from Mediatraffic - 2.2M

Aurajandro

My hopes for ARTPOP by the end of the tour (assuming it ends on November 24 in France)

U.S - 800k

Canada - 160k

U.K - 300K

Japan - 250k

France - 100k

Germany - 100k

Australia - ~50k

I doubt it can break 800k in US at that time with sales of ~1500-1000 per week...

If they discount it, I think it can be sold 750-775k by the time...  :roll:

BTW we may see if C2C can bring ARTPOP's sales up...

U.S - 800k

Canada - 160k

U.K - 300K

Japan - 250k

France - 100k

Germany - 100k

Australia - ~50k

Most of them are roo high :laughga: I think Australia, Germany and Japan are possible tho.

ViviLittleM

U.S - 800k

Canada - 160k

U.K - 300K

Japan - 250k

France - 100k

Germany - 100k

Australia - ~50k

Impossible for France. Perhaps with big promo yes

Birthday Boy

U.S - 800k

Canada - 160k

U.K - 300K

Japan - 250k

France - 100k

Germany - 100k

Australia - ~50k

delusional little managers strike again. The speed it's going in is it'll take a year to reach 800k OiVgWlU.png

Only Gypsy smashing (smashing not just a hit) and/or a re-release/ACT2 will help the album now.

VforVendetta

Only Gypsy smashing (smashing not just a hit) and/or a re-release/ACT2 will help the album now.

This x10. These two moves though (Gypsy as a single and a second ACT EP  release ala TF/TFM can change completely thescenery for AP).

This x10. These two moves though (Gypsy as a single and a second ACT EP  release ala TF/TFM can change completely thescenery for AP).

:yes: and if Gypsy smashes it will create enough momentum for ACT II and therefore ARTPOP as a whole entity to do well enough to be considered a commercial success (not BTW/TFM but prove that Gaga still has commercial power).

Honestly they only need to release Gypsy to get things started. Radio will definitely give Gypsy more than a fair chance. The only ones who don't want it as singles (like I did before) were Gaga stans who wanted more experimental singles but everyone else seems to like it, unlike GUY which wasn't universally liked.

Please interscope just release it, even if only on radio at first to see how it does.

Robotboy

praying for a re-release.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

:yes: and if Gypsy smashes it will create enough momentum for ACT II and therefore ARTPOP as a whole entity to do well enough to be considered a commercial success (not BTW/TFM but prove that Gaga still has commercial power).

Honestly they only need to release Gypsy to get things started. Radio will definitely give Gypsy more than a fair chance. The only ones who don't want it as singles (like I did before) were Gaga stans who wanted more experimental singles but everyone else seems to like it, unlike GUY which wasn't universally liked.

Please interscope just release it, even if only on radio at first to see how it does.

I don't think a US release is necessary for Gypsy - it'd (possibly - but unlikely) become a hit by the time the tour's ended, and not be needed anymore. If they release it in the US, they shouldn't do any promotion there unless it's big promotion, tbh.

I'm here for a single release outside the US, with promotion in Japan, Australia, South Korea and Germany.

I don't think a US release is necessary for Gypsy - it'd (possibly - but unlikely) become a hit by the time the tour's ended, and not be needed anymore. If they release it in the US, they shouldn't do any promotion there unless it's big promotion, tbh.

I'm here for a single release outside the US, with promotion in Japan, Australia, South Korea and Germany.

That's why I said just release it on radio, if it does really well than sure promo it at least once, if it doesn't so be it.

Mariano

Gaga needs to fly to Australia this summer so she can promote her tour !

VforVendetta

- Gaga can extend the Tour in 2015 and make it a huge success.

Actually the most important piece of the puzzle is the ACT II. The second ACT has some + that can change everything. Let me explain:

- The second ACT is an EP, which means that it will be cheaper.

- The second ACT will be small which means that it is easier for the public to "consume" it and appreciate + its easier to get good reviews from critics.

- It can be sold together with the first ACT like TF/TFM

- If the second ACT does well then the whole era will become a success, for example: lets say that the second act becomes a commercial success and considering that its cheap it sells 4M WW (which is not a huge number but its good enough). The first ACT considering that Gypsy will be released as well will reach 3M WW with the help of the second act. Then lets say that they sell 1M copies together. Then the whole project will sell 8M+. Not bad, huh?

The problem is that because it will have the name ARTPOP on it, the critics and the media will try to tear it apart. This is why Gypsy and the Jazz album are needed this year, to draw good attention and reviews for Gaga + commercial success. It also needs very careful handling from Gaga's team.

Archived