Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMum

I don't think so. The public didn't like the song at all.

I second that.

VforVendetta

That's not even true. You're basing that on some rival fanbase driven call out scores and 8M AI. The song was one of the highest on iTunes the week the album was released and it did well on streams compared to other album tracks. The album era grew stale very early on and they waited way too long to release a third single.

I am seeing everywere mediocore reviews for the song. Also lets be honest I am not a fan of it myself, imo its one of the least good songs on the album and very dated + the lyrics are not good either. Imo it was the least good song of the 4 in the ARTPOP film, too bad it was the single choice. Gaga should have never chosen it as a single, the album had songs like Venus and Sexxx Dreams that had much more things to give and were much more fresh and Gypsy that was a sure hit. Wrong single choice if you ask me and I said it from the first day GUY was announced as a single.

Applause >> most of ARTPOP tracks >>> G.U.Y.

This.

APPLAUSE4YOU

I am seeing everywere mediocore reviews for the song. Also lets be honest I am not a fan of it myself, imo its one of the least good songs on the album and very dated + the lyrics are not good either. Imo it was the least good song of the 4 in the ARTPOP film, too bad it was the single choice. Gaga should have never chosen it as a single, the album had songs like Venus and Sexxx Dreams that had much more things to give and were much more fresh and Gypsy that was a sure hit. Wrong single choice if you ask me and I said it from the first day GUY was announced as a single.

This.

But what Klou is reasoning is the fact that the song hasn't been opened to the eyes of the public. It never had a fighting chance with close to no airplay. The opinions of critics do not matter if the public catches on and they didn't due to the heavy neglect of radio stations to spin her singles. There really is no way any of us could judge how the single would've done with radio support but it has failed to make it anywhere and is over now.

Klou

I actually share your opinion. I prefer Applause, Sexxx Dreams, Venus, and many other tracks over GUY, but my perception has been the opposite of yours. I felt the song was very well liked by others and does a better overall job at representing the album as a whole than Applause does. Anyway... There is no way of knowing now. Just such a bummer how things turned out. I really hope Gaga can snag another #1 again.

But what Klou is reasoning is the fact that the song hasn't been opened to the eyes of the public. It never had a fighting chance with close to no airplay. The opinions of critics do not matter if the public catches on and they didn't due to the heavy neglect of radio stations to spin her singles. There really is no way any of us could judge how the single would've done with radio support but it has failed to make it anywhere and is over now.

Yes exactly. We can all debate about how it would have done, but based off very unsubstantial information. We simply will never know for sure.

VforVendetta

I agree that the song didn't have a chance, GUY never really happened. Still from that small part of people that exposed to the song they were definitely not amazed. Maybe the song could have had moderate success but it would never become a big hit and I can see why.

I actually share your opinion. I prefer Applause, Sexxx Dreams, Venus, and many other tracks over GUY, but my perception has been the opposite of yours. I felt the song was very well liked by others and does a better overall job at representing the album as a whole than Applause does. Anyway... There is no way of knowing now. Just such a bummer how things turned out. I really hope Gaga can snag another #1 again.

Yes exactly. We can all debate about how it would have done, but based off very unsubstantial information. We simply will never know for sure.

This illusion was created by this fanbase though. I never saw groundbreaking reaction from the public and the iTunes positions at this point don't mean a lot. (except if there are big jumps like Gypsy).

Paper Gangsta

I agree that the song didn't have a chance, GUY never really happened. Still from that small part of people that exposed to the song they were definitely not amazed. Maybe the song could have had moderate success but it would never become a big hit and I can see why.

This illusion was created by this fanbase though. I never saw groundbreaking reaction from the public and the iTunes positions at this point don't mean a lot. (except if there are big jumps like Gypsy).

Although Gypsy is charting the highest from all AP songs top700 on pop is like top 5000 overall so it doesn't really represents hit potential.

Gagamel

Imo if guy was the lead with that vid (maybe if it just was 5 mins or smth) it woulda smashed so hard.... just imagine the hype "Gaga preparing a massive comeback at hearst castle with a big budget vid!!"... :toofunny: :toofunny:  also if it had like 10 mil views the first day how much would it have pulled as the lead? I really like applause but when i first heard the audio only it was kinda mediocre for me but guy slayed me :toofloppy:

aussie27

Imo if guy was the lead with that vid (maybe if it just was 5 mins or smth) it woulda smashed so hard.... just imagine the hype "Gaga preparing a massive comeback at hearst castle with a big budget vid!!"... :toofunny: :toofunny:  also if it had like 10 mil views the first day how much would it have pulled as the lead? I really like applause but when i first heard the audio only it was kinda mediocre for me but guy slayed me :toofloppy:

I agree as a lead single it would of done better - not as well as applause though!

Gagamel

I agree as a lead single it would of done better - not as well as applause though!

it's would have :awkney:

imo it would have done better than applause cuz the hype around guy vid was pretty big and would've been even bigger if it was a lead comeback single

GagaMyBlood95

Dare I ask where is ARTPOP, I know it's not in TOP 200?

Paper Gangsta

Saying G.U.Y. is better than Applause is like saying Just Dance is better than Poker Face

Robotboy

Saying G.U.Y. is better than Applause is like saying Just Dance is better than Poker Face

i don't know which songs you are trying to shade cuz i like them all :rip:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Archived