Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

Just Dance was one of the first  Party dance songs :rip:  It took ages for radio to start spinning it because it was not radio friendly, CAN U IMAGINE ? Just Dance being radio UNFRIENDLY ? :rip:    It smashed along with BEP's IGAF. . . these 2 party songs influenced everyone else to start making dance party songs like Tik Tok and 10258125 more ...

Lets say that american radio was not into dance songs at the moment Just dance was released, but Just dance wasnt something unusual for Europe.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mariano

Lets say that american radio was not into dance songs at the moment Just dance was released, but Just dance wasnt something unusual for Europe.

I agree. It was still fresh tho.  I mean 5 years is not a small amount of time. Just try to remember your life 5-6 years ago.. then remember the music you've listened to on TV and Radio. Just Dance was something really different for USA and something fresh enough for the rest of the world. . .

Did someone just said Applause is out dated?

You guys need to read this thread. 

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/104420-are-you-tired-of-applause/

I thought I am more than just "someone" :emo: 

In my opinion the production is outdated. That's not a bad thing tho, especially considering how weird the lyrics structure (and the lyrics itself) are + how futuristic the pre chorus is. Together they make one of my top 5 songs on ARTPOP  so people need to stop taking every comment I make as something negative :rip:

Dangerous Man

I agree. It was still fresh tho.  I mean 5 years is not a small amount of time. Just try to remember your life 5-6 years ago.. then remember the music you've listened to on TV and Radio. Just Dance was something really different for USA and something fresh enough for the rest of the world. . .

I thought I am more than just "someone" :emo: 

In my opinion the production is outdated. That's not a bad thing tho, especially considering how weird the lyrics structure (and the lyrics itself) are + how futuristic the pre chorus is. Together they make one of my top 5 songs on ARTPOP  so people need to stop taking every comment I make as something negative :rip:

Oh, okay. Sorry someone. :hug:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Why stop with a valid argument? genericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgenericgeneric

Because its not a valid argument. Most pop songs are about the same things ( party, love - first love, true love, bla bla bla, break ups, dance on the floor, s-x, lalalas) or have very familiar sounds or constructions, because this way they fit perfectly in a radio playlist and thats ok.

Most novels, movies have the same construction, do the same things and yet the good ones go behind that because it does the things right ( good acting, good writing). The same with music. If Just dance was able to go no 1, wasnt because it was just another generic song. It was because it did a thing, somewhere right. Of course, you may not feel it and thats ok.

It was and its still was one of the best pop songs ever written. :worship:

Dangerous Man

ARTPOP out of the TOP 200 on iTunes..

The discount is coming... :excited2:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

ViviLittleM

One comment on the Applause video... :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Louiebelle Angus
il y a 10 heures

Why hasnt she release any song after this? I mean is this her latest song? I kinda miss her

Pure Adrenaline

Applause is as fresh as cucumber :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Klou

The excuses the last few pages. In the future when a single flops lets just convince ourselves no promo is okay and that it couldn't have been helped :dies: Friday releases, never releasing Schiesse, releasing Applause same week as Roar, waiting months to release a 3rd single and only doing promo for a week before it's released as a single... Yeah her team always knows what they're doing.

YeehawKylie

It's great the she's back in the Top 100 but take into account the discount + tour + lack of sales for all albums. I'm more concerned with how much she's selling and 4,000 isn't a bad number. I'd just rather that number stay consistent. 

ARTPOP can and will probably go platinum....eventually. I'd just like it to be before 2016...

Archived